Can I use my Diamond member free drinks on Coco Cay?

On 10/22/2023 at 2:05 PM, cruiseaholic777 said:

Can I use my free drinks at this beach?

Yes, but be aware that there can be a lag using the diamond vouchers.  The bar tender on Coco Cay explained it to me just last Friday when we were there.  If you have the drink package (we never do), then they can run that easily.  If you want to use a diamond voucher, then they have to write up the order on an a pad and it can take until into the evening to show up as "used" on your account.  He said that they couldn't charge to a diamond voucher right from the terminal on Coco Cay, they had to write it up and "settle" with the ship later in the day.

It's not a big deal, but if you use your first 2 vouchers for the day, it can look like you have 4 left when you get back on the ship, but you really only have 2 (for Diamond).  Later in the day or even into the evening, the ones used on Coco Cay will show up as used.  Just something to be aware of.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Yes, but be aware that there can be a lag using the diamond vouchers.

More often than not, we wind up not getting dinged for as many vouchers as we actually use on CocoCay. I knew they showed up later, of course, but your explanation makes sense as to why it's so unreliable there.

It doesn't really matter since we don't use many there and I don't go over our total just because it may be that night and I think I have an extra one but I've definitely noticed from being ocd and checking our account in the app a few times a day.