Favorite cookie to eat on a cruise

lenquixote66

On 10/22/2023 at 6:29 PM, Harters said:

Not a big fan of American cookies. It's the chewiness that doesn't appeal.

My DH and I have often had this conversation when watching the Great British Baking Show "biscuit week" episode. It seems that biscuits must be crisp, and most Americans apparently prefer their cookies with some chewiness. There are some cookies I like crisp, in particular an oatmeal crispy cookie my mother used to make. These were thin and had a nice snap to them. 

Well!  You got me pining for the oatmeal raisin cookies......and in the store yesterday I saw something I've never noticed before: oatmeal raisin cookies!  Yum!  I just opened the box, and had one.  It was not a Royal Caribbean cookie.  It was very disappointing.  And it's still almost three months til my next cruise.

On 10/25/2023 at 2:01 PM, lenquixote66 said:

The only time my wife and I ever go to a ships buffet is for the Oatmeal raisin cookies .I could live on them .

We just got off a cruise on Vision of the Seas. The one day there were no coconut cookies available, so I tried the oatmeal raisin, and found them to be very good, as long as they were properly baked. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

We just got off a cruise on Vision of the Seas. The one day there were no coconut cookies available, so I tried the oatmeal raisin, and found them to be very good, as long as they were properly baked. 

I do not eat coconut cookies

• 2 weeks later...

Oatmeal Raisin on Princess is a 9 and always there every day but there peanut butter cookie is a 10...

You have to ask for them these days as they never put them out because of those with alleges.  Then it hit or miss if they have them.