Discovery Princess is coming to Australia in 2025/2026!!

4 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Thanks Geoff. Will be interesting to see if there is any change with the launch and Black Friday sales?

Can only hope 🤷‍♂️

These have been strategically placed to go on sale the day after the black Friday sales have ended.

- Sale starts 9:00am AEDT Wednesday 22 November 2023

- Sale ends 11:59pm AEDT Tuesday 28 November 2023

- Free upgrade from an interior to oceanview stateroom/oceanview to balcony or balcony to mini-suite

- Interior to balcony upgrades on Royal Class ships (Royal and Majestic) only

- Reduced pricing for third and fourth guests

- Cruise on select voyages to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji & South Pacific

- Not combinable with Landmark campaign or Cruise Sale Weeks

14 hours ago, arxcards said:

These have been strategically placed to go on sale the day after the black Friday sales have ended.

- Sale starts 9:00am AEDT Wednesday 22 November 2023

- Sale ends 11:59pm AEDT Tuesday 28 November 2023

- Free upgrade from an interior to oceanview stateroom/oceanview to balcony or balcony to mini-suite

- Interior to balcony upgrades on Royal Class ships (Royal and Majestic) only

- Reduced pricing for third and fourth guests

- Cruise on select voyages to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji & South Pacific

- Not combinable with Landmark campaign or Cruise Sale Weeks

Where did you find the details of the Australian black Friday sale?

I've only found mention on CC of the US one which is only available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia.

11 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Where did you find the details of the Australian black Friday sale?

I've only found mention on CC of the US one which is only available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia.

A little birdy told me.

It will be on the Princess site tomorrow morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've contacted my TA last week to make a booking for the Singapore to Sydney leg of the cruise.

She's been out of the office, so hopefully she will get around to it today.

We did a similar cruise in 2019 on Majestic Princess, however it started in Shanghai instead of Singapore. That was a great cruise with lots of sea days for relaxing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colourbird said:

We are also booked now, I've created a roll call for the 18 November 2025 cruise. It should gain some traction once the Americans start booking.

It looks like it will be popular. I had been eyeing it off, but we have lots of days aboard already planned for 2025.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It looks like it will be popular. I had been eyeing it off, but we have lots of days aboard already planned for 2025.

The timing of this cruise should be good for me. I'll be able to retire from work in 2026 and if I don't take any extra unexpected annual leave before this cruise, my last day at work should be the day before we'd have to fly to Singapore.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/24/2023 at 12:06 PM, Jean C said:

We didn't use the Onsen, they had a come and have a look around time, so we did - no naked bathers on show! Great setting with picture windows from the spas to the ocean, but getting my gear off in public isn't my thing 🤣

PS, separate spa rooms for male and female 🙂

I am curious about rules with the Onsen.

Does Diamond Princess allow those with tattoos to use the onsen?

17 hours ago, arxcards said:

I am curious about rules with the Onsen.

Does Diamond Princess allow those with tattoos to use the onsen?

No idea, sorry. I imagine with so many inked people these days, and a desire to make money, that they may well overlook tattoos. A while ago the All Blacks were going to Japan and there was a big fuss made here about the Japanese not liking tattoos and they wouldn't be able to go to the bath houses etc. An official of some sort in Japan was interviewed and said that they would be welcomed. So maybe they're coming to terms with the Western penchant for body art.

I'm waiting for the fashion to change back to unadorned skin and I'll be on trend again 🤣

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jean C said:

No idea, sorry. I imagine with so many inked people these days, and a desire to make money, that they may well overlook tattoos. A while ago the All Blacks were going to Japan and there was a big fuss made here about the Japanese not liking tattoos and they wouldn't be able to go to the bath houses etc. An official of some sort in Japan was interviewed and said that they would be welcomed. So maybe they're coming to terms with the Western penchant for body art.

I'm waiting for the fashion to change back to unadorned skin and I'll be on trend again 🤣

The Japanese used to tattoo their criminals. As I understand it, the crims would modify their tatts so they became "art", so many Japanese have been raised to distrust anyone with a tattoo.

A traditional onsen would prohibit tattoos. Yes, I figure Diamond Princess would not be traditional, especially in Australian waters. It makes an interesting contrast between ships. A Japanese onsen with one set of traditions, vs the Virgin ships with tattoo parlors.

No ink for me, just asking for a friend 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2