Confused about internet benefit in Sky suites

Sailing on the Icon in a Surfside Family Suite, which as a Sky class suite includes an internet access benefit ("Royal Suite Class Star and Sky guests will enjoy the Surf + Stream package"), one device per person booked. However, in the cruise planner I am offered VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet Package at $23.99 / per guest per day. What would be the benefit of also getting the paid service - is it good for additional devices? 

Altogether, we will probably bring 2 computers, 2 iPads, and 4 phones - a total of 8 devices (one person has to keep up with work emails on the cruise). My understanding is that with 1 complimentary access each it is possible to use more than one device but only one at a time. So is there any need to sign up for the paid internet service they keep pushing to me in the planner???

12 minutes ago, PrincessCatarina said:

However, in the cruise planner I am offered VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet Package at $23.99 / per guest per day. What would be the benefit of also getting the paid service - is it good for additional devices? 

The cruise planner is generic for all guests regardless of whether you have internet included with your room or not.

No benefit to purchasing more unless you need extra devices always connected.

• Like 2

I agree with what everyone else has said.  If you do have 2 devices, such as a tablet and your phone.  If you phone is connected to the wifi and you want to use your tablet when you connect it will bounce your phone offline and you can just go back and forth with them at will.  I can't wait for Icon!!

14 hours ago, PrincessCatarina said:

Thank you for the clarifications! We plan to manage with just 1 device online per person at a time, so no need to spent extra $ then. Whew!

You can also use your device as a hot spot when in your cabin.

My windows laptop can act as a mobile Hotspot forwarding the ship wifi. I think some phones can do it as well. I do that for the firestick, tablet, Nintendo, etc. Worked out well on oasis. I just switched from my phone to to the laptop at night or whenever I was hanging out in the room or balcony. 

They make travel routers that do the same function.