Currently no VIFP offers ?

Aircaptain

I´ve been waiting for VIFP offers now for a couple of weeks. I did 3 cruises on Carnival, so it is a RED tier status. Anyone who knows if the VIFP offers are not always  displayed or anything wrong with my status ? 
Thanks and my best from Germany 👋

Edited by Aircaptain

2 hours ago, topaz123 said:

Always wondered how some of these travel sites can offer better comps than Carnival .  Saw one for 100 obc plus room price was $200 less than Carnival website?

Typically the answer is they 'buy in bulk' from Carnival with set minimums in terms of cabins booked. IF they see that they aren't meeting their own quotas, they'll eat into their commission. I certainly don't know any details but sometimes one can get a good deal that way. That was particularly true during the height of the Covid restart.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jsglow said:

Typically the answer is they 'buy in bulk' from Carnival with set minimums in terms of cabins booked. IF they see that they aren't meeting their own quotas, they'll eat into their commission. I certainly don't know any details but sometimes one can get a good deal that way. That was particularly true during the height of the Covid restart.

Yes, Its interesting...I spoke to our VIP Carnival Rep, and she could not come close to matching the offer from the third party. Strange....

On 10/24/2023 at 5:26 AM, Aircaptain said:

😁 
Last booking I did ( 8 days Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao in November 2024) had 500 $ onboard credit for VIFP. Had to cancel it and hoped to find anything similar for cruise in Feb 25. 

On 10/24/2023 at 12:30 PM, helene109 said:

We booked 2 cruises 3 weeks ago at $500 obc for each cruise. Now we have no good offers. I keep checking the price but if I change it I will loose the obc.

Are you booking suites to get the $500 OBC?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cynt said:

Mine was interior for a total of 1600$ including prepaid tips (November 2024 8 days Aruba,Bonaire,Curacao)  --> for that I received the 500$ OBC 

Are you booking suites to get the $500 OBC?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helene109 said:

No they are regular balcony’s. We booked them first week in October. My friend still has the same offer if she wants to book another one.

I still have them as well, but has to 9 day or longer cruise for the $500 OBC.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 4:23 AM, firefly333 said:

Mine as usual are terrible. You can have mine. They still want me to sail to Australia. No thanks. 

Wish I'd find a deal myself. 

yes mine are 90% Australia as well

• Like 3