Queen Anne

Minnie29

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

I've not seen anything but positive comments on the boards

I have no mixed feelings for June - looking forward very much to it

where are these reviews as there isn't any section for Queen Anne yet?

I try to stay away from the review section as it can be scary but here you go -

Queen Anne Review

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

There are lots of ‘Cunarders’ who prefer QV - I like her Queens Room and Commodore Club but prefer QM2 overall, especially the Chart Room and Golden Lion and of course the promenade deck.  I am not liking the look of the Queens Room or the promenade deck on QA but will reserve judgement on the rest and hoping for the best.

I love Q V. Full stop and QA is not QV but we are having a relaxing holiday. Can’t compare the two so I won’t until possibly a resume. The  Queens Room is probably not going to be a ballroom dancer's delight but it’s getting a lot of use and seems very popular.

I Can walk around  the prom deck so that suits me. I’m not keen at all on the lobby but then, it’s a lobby and not a place we ever linger in.

So far, we are definitely not displeased and will be keeping our future bookings intact.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Queen Anne Review

I’ve never been one of those who laps up positive reviews whilst discounting negative ones, but that’s hardly the most robust review! Give me a good balanced review any day.

Just now, Selbourne said:

I’ve never been one of those who laps up positive reviews whilst discounting negative ones, but that’s hardly the most robust review! Give me a good balanced review any day.

Waiting for yours 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pear Carr said:

Just read a very negative review on CC by someone who is currently on QA. I have mixed feelings about boarding in July but will try to go with an open mind and embrace the difference.  I hope some others from the maiden and current voyage will post reviews/impressions.

Don’t cancel it. I was so depressed the day before boarding it that I discussed cancelling it. I am very glad we didn’t.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pear Carr said:

Just read a very negative review on CC by someone who is currently on QA. I have mixed feelings about boarding in July but will try to go with an open mind and embrace the difference.  I hope some others from the maiden and current voyage will post reviews/impressions.

I was on the maiden, and yes there were some issues with slow service, these were acknowledged and quickly addressed. QA is the first new ship in almost 15 years so she is not going to be anything like the others is the same way QM2 was nothing like QE2.

My impression was on the whole positive, so much so I booked 3 segments of the WC next year.  Many of the negative reviews have been based on Service, and subjective comments on Food Quality and portion size, for me the food quality was good and the portion size adequate ( you can always get more if you want more). QA is not trying to copy the other 3 queens and should not be criticised for that. For me the essence of a Cunard cruise is still there, yes some aspects of QA are new and some are familiar. All I would say is give her a chance, if you have a cruise booked, take it, go with an open mind, you may be plesantley surprised.

• Like 5

Th

8 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Don’t cancel it. I was so depressed the day before boarding it that I discussed cancelling it. I am very glad we didn’t.

No intention of cancelling and whilst looking forward to it still have some mixed feelings based on general feedback/comments so far, rather than on this one very negative review.  Thank you all for taking the time to keep us updated of your experience.

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I’m glad you’re glad.
How did the wait staff operate tableside prep, or even offering a cheese course, in QG for you at the banquet seating?  There doesn’t seem to be enough room for a trolley in the narrow corridor between the window tables and banquets. 

5 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Queen Anne Review

Doesn’t the term “Cunarder” refer to a ship and not a passenger? Like the negative reviewer hinted that real “Cunarders” shouldn’t go on QA? That’s kinda difficult since QA is a Cunarder…

11 minutes ago, NE John said:

Doesn’t the term “Cunarder” refer to a ship and not a passenger? Like the negative reviewer hinted that real “Cunarders” shouldn’t go on QA? That’s kinda difficult since QA is a Cunarder…

That's a subject of discussion which comes up on this forum occasionally. Here's a thread I remembered from several years ago which partly turned into a discussion about the usage of the term "Cunarder".

• Thanks 1

The usage of the term Cunarder to refer to those in the Cunard subculture dates back to QE2 at least and there are rumors it started aboard the original Queen Mary. Otherwise obviously a Cunard ship can be called a Cunarder. 

Very interessting- " Cunarder" . Well I am quite sure it started on the original Queen Mary- so in my book each Generation has it´s own " Cunarders"- with different expectations what a " Cunarder" is.

Those from times- let´s say QE2 - are different - or have/ had  different idea what a " Cunarder" is.

I am a Cunarder- but one thing is clear- even though I would call myself thus- the QE2- did not impress me at all- old-  dated- strange deckplans- staircases ending nowhere- no- that certainly was not my ship. QM2- totally different story.

• Like 1

This discussion reminds me ot that when Celebrity introduced that Edge- Class- some loved it some bashed it. Their ships are sailing full capacity- as will QA- end of story.

I remember well, when QE and QV where introduced some wrote - tacky- retro kitsch- and so on...!

• Like 3

Having seen now some more detailed looks at the actual interiors and such my original misgivings about QA are much subsided. They have moved away from the Art Deco look but it is still a classy look. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JT1101 said:

Having seen now some more detailed looks at the actual interiors and such my original misgivings about QA are much subsided. They have moved away from the Art Deco look but it is still a classy look. 

I think much of the ship is lovely: the Library, the Commodore Club, the Skybar, and all the outdoor seating areas, the Reading Room, the Britannia Dining Room, are all gorgeous. A few bits, including unfortunately the Grills Lounge, and the Queens Room are not. The Promenade Deck is fine for walking but not much else.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NE John said:

I’m glad you’re glad.
How did the wait staff operate tableside prep, or even offering a cheese course, in QG for you at the banquet seating?  There doesn’t seem to be enough room for a trolley in the narrow corridor between the window tables and banquets. 

There is enough room for a trolley and for people to pass, but it’s a bit of a squeeze.

I was on the maiden and I'd say that I knew as soon as I walked on the ship that I was on a Cunarder. And at the end of the week I didn't want to get off. I really wanted to head to Voyage Sales and book myself onto the Canaries trip but alas, work was expecting me back.

Sure, there were a few things I'd change (like filling the Pavilion Pool all the way because no way was the deep end 5'11" and I was bashing my feet trying to swim in the shallow end) and there were some service hiccups but the staff seemed to be doing their best and as they begin to gel as a crew and work out the ship themselves, the service will only get better. I'm very much looking forward to my trip on her next November.

Perhaps I should go and put in a review to tip the balance a bit!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, tacticalbanjo said:

I was on the maiden and I'd say that I knew as soon as I walked on the ship that I was on a Cunarder. And at the end of the week I didn't want to get off. I really wanted to head to Voyage Sales and book myself onto the Canaries trip but alas, work was expecting me back.

Sure, there were a few things I'd change (like filling the Pavilion Pool all the way because no way was the deep end 5'11" and I was bashing my feet trying to swim in the shallow end) and there were some service hiccups but the staff seemed to be doing their best and as they begin to gel as a crew and work out the ship themselves, the service will only get better. I'm very much looking forward to my trip on her next November.

Perhaps I should go and put in a review to tip the balance a bit!

I think you should. 😀

• Like 1

Right, a kinder review submitted full of all the positive things I came away thinking. Because honestly, all those little annoyances did melt away over the week. The first evening after getting stabbed in the foot by a metal shard in our stateroom and not getting our luggage until the last moment before dinner I was feeling a bit prickly. But the pub lunches, the gelato, the dips in the pool, a few workouts in the gym, cocktails in the evening and being able to have some time to relax as a couple without a 2 year old going 'Mummy, mummy, mummy' worked some magic and the negatives were soon a distant dream.

I'd say that anyone nervous about trying QA and seeing lots being talked about the negatives should give it a go. Sure, you probably won't have the benefit of packing off a toddler to the kid's club to enjoy some alone time but you'll still be able to enjoy the magnificent pastries in the Carinthia Lounge, the beautifully big windows everywhere letting in so much light, the well thought out outdoor areas with plenty of shade and most importantly, that Cunard vibe.

I'm sure my manager will think that this has been a productive use of my time this morning 😁

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Poole Boy said:

I was on the maiden, and yes there were some issues with slow service, these were acknowledged and quickly addressed. QA is the first new ship in almost 15 years so she is not going to be anything like the others is the same way QM2 was nothing like QE2.

My impression was on the whole positive, so much so I booked 3 segments of the WC next year.  Many of the negative reviews have been based on Service, and subjective comments on Food Quality and portion size, for me the food quality was good and the portion size adequate ( you can always get more if you want more). QA is not trying to copy the other 3 queens and should not be criticised for that. For me the essence of a Cunard cruise is still there, yes some aspects of QA are new and some are familiar. All I would say is give her a chance, if you have a cruise booked, take it, go with an open mind, you may be plesantley surprised.

I'm very happy that portion sizes aren't that big. with 3 (or 4 meals, including tea) I want tasty food in smallish amounts.  As you say, you can always get more.

QA not copying the other Queens is a good thing for the company as it has added 45% more berths so needs to expand who it appeals to, though I hope that both QA and QM2 appeal to me.

Was a little tiresome to see comments on here complaining that it wasn't like other Queens, especially by one person who was criticising things.... then saying that they only ever go on QM2 on crossings. Why come here and comment in the first place...?

• Like 4