Queen Anne

Minnie29

If you would like to see some of the professional shots from the naming ceremony, there are a few hundred here from a photographer contracted by Cunard:

You won't be able to "download" these as these are for the press, however if you right click on the image > inspect > a new panel will open on the right hand side with some code selectedon the area selected you'll see a URL for the image path above this (marked with ".jpg" at the end, click on that and you'll get the image you've been looking at. 

All of these images are copyrighted to Christopher Ison, but if you just want to see some of the professional shots from the naming ceremony, they are here. 

https://www.christopherison.com/search?_bqO=0&_bqH=eJxNjj0PgjAQhv8Ni4tEYgJJh3KtyflBSVticGmIVHAhojDIr7clRB16fd5L7rkrLbvAvYFDPUzhdj9F71tfQZ3qNkriKEzC9do_V9EwBaQfre1WVdfZYG4YmjEyOAbUJXG_0lRzDyCKTMvSoBI.ojKSHzlVnC0x_89CIs_cKIpstgipCXMmx4Xi0iAjhT9jGjco4vycPprAQGrQadz.BYsvyt0PTx4paPKy1fPaBuBtH2RpSqM-&ppg=100

image.thumb.png.f834e759654fe3ddf2bd490151ad5749.png

• Like 2

The deck lighting isn't faring well, waist high metal posts scattered everywhere that are easily bumped into, and seemingly shear off with ease at deck level. I've seen several casualties and i'm not sure there is an easy repair.

• 3 weeks later...

Was invited onboard for a few hours today. I am stunned by how beautiful she was. Yes she is different but I am sorry I couldn’t find anything not to like. I am not a big Queen’s Room  fan anyway, I don’t dance and only sometimes watch the professionals when they do a demonstration, but I could see how it may disappoint some. I thought the outdoor spaces were amazing. So many different areas to choose from.I  found  a really sweet little deck  near the funnel. With so many outdoor areas to chose from,I didn’t think a lack of a traditional  promenade deck was as awful as people have made out. I shall looking forward to walking round first thing in the morning. I saw some cabins and agree that the inside sideways cabins really are very nice and if I was booking an inside would definitely opt for one. Thought Britannia restaurant was stunning and thought there was a good variety of table sizes for all groups. Picked out several single two tops I would like 😂😂 later on. Loved all the other bars and lounges. To me it was all lovely. Obviously it’s very different walking around with few guests onboard. It certainly has me excited for my Med Cruise in the summer. One thing did surprise me the menu for Britannia Club was identical to one I had had in Britannia on QM2 in May, so would have been disappointed as I thought Club offered an enhanced menu. Couldn’t see any difference in the cabin either except a coffee machine and a free pen as opposed to a pencil. Well I am prepared for plenty of folk to shoot me down but hey ho I loved her and don’t get me started on the pretty little dishes for the self serve ice cream. Roll on August. 

Edited by Winifred 22
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Winifred 22 said:

Was invited onboard for a few hours today. I am stunned by how beautiful she was. Yes she is different but I am sorry I couldn’t find anything not to like. I am not a big Queen’s Room  fan anyway, I don’t dance and only sometimes watch the professionals when they do a demonstration, but I could see how it may disappoint some. I thought the outdoor spaces were amazing. So many different areas to choose from.I  found  a really sweet little deck  near the funnel. With so many outdoor areas to I didn’t think a lack of a traditional  promenade deck was as awful as people have made out. I shall looking forward to walking round first thing in the morning. I saw some cabins and agree that the inside sideways cabins really are very nice and if I was booking an inside would definitely opt for one. Thought Britannia restaurant was stunning and thought there was a good variety of table sizes for all groups. Picked out several single two tops I would like 😂😂 later on. Loved all the other bars and lounges. To me it was all lovely Obviously it’s very different walking around with few guests onboard. It certainly has me excited for my Med Cruise in the summer. One thing did surprise me the menu for Britannia Club was identical to one I had had in Britannia on QM2 in May, so would have been disappointed as I thought Club offered an enhanced menu. Couldn’t see any difference in the cabin either except a coffee machine and a free pen as opposed to a pencil. Well I am prepared for plenty of folk to shoot me down but hey ho I loved her and don’t get me started on the pretty little dishes for the self serve ice cream. Roll on August. 

I too think she is lovely - apart obviously from the Grills Lounge.

38 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Was invited onboard for a few hours today. I am stunned by how beautiful she was. Yes she is different but I am sorry I couldn’t find anything not to like. I am not a big Queen’s Room  fan anyway, I don’t dance and only sometimes watch the professionals when they do a demonstration, but I could see how it may disappoint some. I thought the outdoor spaces were amazing. So many different areas to choose from.I  found  a really sweet little deck  near the funnel. With so many outdoor areas to chose from,I didn’t think a lack of a traditional  promenade deck was as awful as people have made out. I shall looking forward to walking round first thing in the morning. I saw some cabins and agree that the inside sideways cabins really are very nice and if I was booking an inside would definitely opt for one. Thought Britannia restaurant was stunning and thought there was a good variety of table sizes for all groups. Picked out several single two tops I would like 😂😂 later on. Loved all the other bars and lounges. To me it was all lovely. Obviously it’s very different walking around with few guests onboard. It certainly has me excited for my Med Cruise in the summer. One thing did surprise me the menu for Britannia Club was identical to one I had had in Britannia on QM2 in May, so would have been disappointed as I thought Club offered an enhanced menu. Couldn’t see any difference in the cabin either except a coffee machine and a free pen as opposed to a pencil. Well I am prepared for plenty of folk to shoot me down but hey ho I loved her and don’t get me started on the pretty little dishes for the self serve ice cream. Roll on August. 

I think BC also gets free bottled water

Dining might be similar menu (plus a la carte) but the anytime at your own table should be a benefit. 

Have only done QG/PG so far but am considering BC - the restaurant on QE looks the best of the 3 that offer it? 

4 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

I think BC also gets free bottled water

Dining might be similar menu (plus a la carte) but the anytime at your own table should be a benefit. 

Have only done QG/PG so far but am considering BC - the restaurant on QE looks the best of the 3 that offer it? 

Queen Victoria's is the best looking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

Ah ok. Somehow I saw reference to QV not having BC, but looking at plans cabins and restaurant are in same places as QE

They replaced the rather wonderful Chart Room with the BC restaurant when they did the refit that removed the sugar scoop aft decks

3 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Yep, I agree wth your assessment. We've just got off her and loved her. We only found the Cabana bar (the deck by the funnel) yesterday! We especially loved the Wellness Cafe, it was never crowded and the food was delicious. Think she is a lovely addition to the fleet, we will happily sail on her again. 

• Like 5

QA wil be allright. I do have a feeling the first minor refit she gets (in 2026) will add some more Cunard memorabilia to make her feel more connected to Cunard's traditions and heritage. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Oh I see I wondered what the difference was . Thank you. 

The other difference, in addition to the à la carte menu, is that you get the fixed table and staff, like Britannia, but can turn up at any time, like Open dining. But right from day one of BC, the main menu is the same as Britannia. I've put the à la carte menu (and this evening's main menu) in today's (30 June) H416 thread.

Bottled water is chargeable as far as I know, but obviously there's plenty of free iced water, as with Britannia. 

There is though a big difference with BC from the other ships - it's twice, three times as big. QM2 has a relatively uninspiring room towards the stern, whereas QE and QV have lovely and quite intimate dining rooms. BC on QA is just massive - which also meant it was more affordable due to the usual stuff on supply versus demand, and clearly part of the financial calculations from Carnival's perspective.

4 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

The other difference, in addition to the à la carte menu, is that you get the fixed table and staff, like Britannia, but can turn up at any time, like Open dining. But right from day one of BC, the main menu is the same as Britannia. I've put the à la carte menu (and this evening's main menu) in today's (30 June) H416 thread.

Bottled water is chargeable as far as I know, but obviously there's plenty of free iced water, as with Britannia. 

There is though a big difference with BC from the other ships - it's twice, three times as big. QM2 has a relatively uninspiring room towards the stern, whereas QE and QV have lovely and quite intimate dining rooms. BC on QA is just massive - which also meant it was more affordable due to the usual stuff on supply versus demand, and clearly part of the financial calculations from Carnival's perspective.

Not sure it’s the best location on QA - certain tables are visible to everyone walking past. 

I think if we are going to do BC it’d be on QE for Alaska - but as you pointed out the price is likely to be higher given smaller size. 

Seems that Cunard think there’s lots of money in BC and PG - the latter is now 2x size of QG whereas on other 3 it’s about same size as QG.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

Our cabin stewardess replenished ours free throughout the voyage. But much of what we drink is while eating or dancing so we were having water in restaurants and lounges through the drinks package.

20 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

Yes I am fully aware of all the other so called advantages but I  hadn’t realised the menus were so similar but I have now had that explained. For me  personally I think the premium charged is not good value for money especially as a solo. I don’t drink water in my cabin so that is of no interest to me. I can’t see any way of justifying the added  premium which I could put towards another cruise. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Yes I am fully aware of all the other so called advantages but I  hadn’t realised the menus were so similar but I have now had that explained. For me  personally I think the premium charged is not good value for money especially as a solo. I don’t drink water in my cabin so that is of no interest to me. I can’t see any way of justifying the added  premium which I could put towards another cruise. 

It's a very good point. There is a permanent tension here - on the one hand the less money one spends on cruise X, the more funds for cruise Y and Z. On the other Cunard is very, very aware of monetising umpteen various uplifts, whether the Club or Grills option, alternative dining options, Plusgrade, a better stateroom, drink packages, tour fees, spa bookings - and before you know it the total bill has doubled. The rule I try to stick to is to pay extra for things where my enjoyment is definitely going to justify the spend without having to question it, so I don't often go without at least a balcony. Unfortunately I occasionally break that rule if tempted too far. In the case of QA, the extra size of Club and PG will change some of the calculations simply because Cunard will have to dilute their price to fill up the ship.