Queen Victoria, first time Cunard cruiser with so many questions please?

seafarer68

7 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

Consider the daytime flights from USA and Canada back to the UK, That's a fairly comprehensive way of avoiding jetlag. The Air Canada service from Halifax to Heathrow is under 5 hours long some days, all in daylight, leave lunchtime, arrive evening time into London. Other day flights from Chicago, JFK, Newark and sometimes Toronto.

Might work for some but day or night flights, travelling East for us is a nightmare for jet lag.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, david63 said:

If you want jet lag try flying to New Zealand - that takes jet lag to a whole new level!!

Flown to Oz a few times. Horrendous. Son in the sitting room on a sofa bed, husband in the bedroom, me in the bath with a pillow and a blanket on one memorable first week as I couldn't sleep.

Flying on to Tahiti over the date line was even worse. And I was young and fit so I'd be fit for nothing now.😄

On 10/29/2023 at 6:50 AM, seafarer68 said:

Another question, but this time about a possible future cruise,please...

Which is the best direction for a Transatlantic...Southampton to America or America to Southampton?

Either way has special views of N.Y.C. 
You haven’t addressed where your cabin should be located. We’ve found an inside cabin works for us on crossings, as there isn’t anything to see until the morning of your arrival or afternoon departure; A quick jog to the promenade will give you the “aw” and save a few bills used towards excursions ( there aren’t any) or drinks! Or specialty dining.

10 minutes ago, rtdiva said:

Either way has special views of N.Y.C. 
You haven’t addressed where your cabin should be located. We’ve found an inside cabin works for us on crossings, as there isn’t anything to see until the morning of your arrival or afternoon departure; A quick jog to the promenade will give you the “aw” and save a few bills used towards excursions ( there aren’t any) or drinks! Or specialty dining.

Inside mid ship low down ?

3 hours ago, seafarer68 said:

Inside mid ship low down ?

On the QM2 and all other ships we sail, we select rooms that have cabins both above and below us. I prefer for convenience, near stairs or elevators .