Is this a ligit beef with N.C.L. I think so .What do you think

dolittle

My husband always has every major sporting event available in his pocket! How do you get your TV provided at home? He just logs in to our provider and can watch any channel right on his phone or laptop. Even RedZone! When we sail in the fall we always need a 2-device internet plan because he commandeers it on Sundays. 😂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

Who would that be??

By the way, that pass against the Seahawks will forever be known as the Fail Mary.

Thank you, replacement refs. (And yes, I know that there is actually only one ref in a football game. For some reason, all of the zebras are now called "refs".)

UPDATE: I saw a later post where you referred to the 2015 game. I believe that was the one with the bungled onside kick. Where they had their "hands team" on the field to grab the kick...but one infamous player had the ball go right through his "hands". I don't recall his name at the moment, since it's a game I'd like to forget.

Too bad I wasn't on an NCL cruise when that game was played...I wouldn't have had to witness it live.

Had to witness it live. Ouch! that must have hurt.

1 hour ago, Szt said:

Don’t know to whom you are referring as the Packer fan. But I have been a Packer fan since the days of Bart Starr. 1967 is the first game I have memories of. I remember that pass with the Seahawks. We were robbed! 

Yes, you guys were robbed. But it was only a replacement game. The Hawks were robbed of a Super Bowl! Every time I watch a nature show I root for a predator to take down a zebra.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ddaley822 said:

My husband always has every major sporting event available in his pocket! How do you get your TV provided at home? He just logs in to our provider and can watch any channel right on his phone or laptop.

This is what we had to do (for the first time) last week on the Sun.  We were in Juneau, but the ship claimed to not have any signal.  So we sat in the Sports Bar and watched it on a tablet.  On every other cruise I've been on, I've always been able to see the game on the ship's TV.

20231015_101434 (1).jpg

• Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 9:24 AM, dolittle said:

Ok not earth shattering but, on the Escape last week (great cruise and nice group of people) BUT the choice of T.V. channels had no major  (or minor) American sports channels . The ship was in New York and the N.Y Jets were playing the Phila. Eagles . Many if not most people are from these two areas no game on any T.V. on the ship, also no baseball games from the playoffs . There were however two channels of English premier league . soccer and cricket. The ship is on the east coast of the U.S. not Europe  so get with it N.C.L. ''when in Rome'' . 

I'm not sure what ligit is, but most cruise lines show that lame kickball (a.k.a. soccer, the most boring game in the world) more than anything else.  I'd much prefer they show a variety of real sports. But that is the way it is, legit or not.

If it was me, I would consider it a legit beef only because I've never experienced it before.  I'm used to NCL showing three games on Sunday as well as the Monday and Thursday nights game on cruise that I've had during the NFL season.  And let's not read too much into the word beef.  It's not like my cruise would be ruined or anything, or it would be to the level of me going to guest services to complain.  It would just be strange because I've become used to seeing games on the ships.  It's nice sitting up at Spice H2O watching games on the big screen.  Except for last October when I sat up there and watched the Eagles destroy my Cowboys on Sunday night football.  Good thing I had the upgraded drink package :)  One thing I don't like is they will show the games in the cigar lounge, but they keep that TV on mute at all times

• Like 2

Our TV is usually on the bow cam or position channel.

Note the main sports are on the  24 network.

See link.

NCL gets it from a satellite feed. Not all US broadcasts are available all the time, it depends on which satellite (s) the ship tracks.

https://sport24live.com/

NCL doesn't choose the programming.

On 10/26/2023 at 4:54 PM, rugerdog said:

This is what we had to do (for the first time) last week on the Sun.  We were in Juneau, but the ship claimed to not have any signal.  So we sat in the Sports Bar and watched it on a tablet.  On every other cruise I've been on, I've always been able to see the game on the ship's TV.

20231015_101434 (1).jpg

I don't care so much about your viewing arrangement as much as seeing that you docked at the downtown berths versus the AJ dock down the road. 

On 10/27/2023 at 6:51 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

I'm not sure what ligit is, but most cruise lines show that lame kickball (a.k.a. soccer, the most boring game in the world) more than anything else.  I'd much prefer they show a variety of real sports. But that is the way it is, legit or not.

You do realize that soccer is the most popular sport in the world? I ended up watching 2 dreadful football games this weekend (college and pro) and it was so incredibly boring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

You do realize that soccer is the most popular sport in the world? I ended up watching 2 dreadful football games this weekend (college and pro) and it was so incredibly boring.

There is always someone who pops in with that useless and meaningless bit of trivia.  Yet none ever define 'popular' or provide support for that.   Of course it is played by moer people, all you need to play is being able to kick a round bal that is hopefully not flat into a huge net with onf guy standing in front of it..  Then if you break a rule (what little there are) all they do is wane a yellow or red credit card in your face.  99% of the game is a guy methodically kicking the ball from one end of the field to the other then another guy doing the same thing the other way.  YAWN.  I'd rather watch real sports than kickball.

Actually, soccer is the most popular sport outside of the States, Canada and a handful of other countries. And it can be entertaining when a team like the Seagulls (my team) actually goes out and tries to play soccer. It can get quite boring when a team puts 10 guys in front of their net and plays for a 0-0 game. And I do love American football, especially the Seahawks but I do get bored when the game becomes a flag throwing contest between a bunch of zebras. And it seems like now every time a player stubs his little toe, they break for five minutes of commercials for the newest smart gadget or an electric car few people want to buy. And yes, my first cruise was on the Seaward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1