Boarding time for whole party of 8

pbrady

We have a cruise coming up (not within 45 days yet) & since we will be all staying at the same hotel & sharing a couple Ubers to the port - how can I get the same boarding time for all of us?  If I call Celebrity, can that person do all 8 boarding times at once? If not, any other ideas?

Are they all on 1 reservation or multiple reservations?

By chance is everyone in a suite?  Suites can board at any time.  When we are in a suite we pick a late time, since it doesn’t matter leaving a earlier time slot for someone else.

Edited by jelayne

7 minutes ago, pbrady said:

We have a cruise coming up (not within 45 days yet) & since we will be all staying at the same hotel & sharing a couple Ubers to the port - how can I get the same boarding time for all of us?  If I call Celebrity, can that person do all 8 boarding times at once? If not, any other ideas?

It is not "boarding time"  that you schedule on the Celebrity app or via the Celebrity web site it is arrival time for check in at the pier.  I am not sure you can do this over the phone.

If you have the reservation number for all parties booking, one person can check in and select the check in time for all those reservations.  Your best chance of getting the same time for everyone is to gather all the names and reservation numbers,  When time comes to check in, usually midnight 45 days prior to sailing, that person would go online and sign up for an arrival time for each reservation.  You do not need to complete all the information to get a check in time if you do it on the App.  

Boarding does not being until after the ship has been cleared by port authorities.  No one know exactly what time this will be. 

What I do - have recently done was to link reservations and then one person can go in at Midnight Cruise Departure point time -   e.g. 12 midnight is 9PM PST.  

I was linked to our friends in Australia and all the reservations show up under my cruise planner.   Using the App (go direct to checkin time) -  I then select the same time for each person on each of the reservations.     Everyone can come back later and fill in the rest of their checkin -passport etc.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

What I do - have recently done was to link reservations and then one person can go in at Midnight Cruise Departure point time -   e.g. 12 midnight is 9PM PST.  

I was linked to our friends in Australia and all the reservations show up under my cruise planner.   Using the App (go direct to checkin time) -  I then select the same time for each person on each of the reservations.     Everyone can come back later and fill in the rest of their checkin -passport etc.

This. Do this. It's super easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I’ve tried linking with friends but got the error “different currency”.  We are all in USA and use a TA.

Have your TA link them if everyone is booked with the same TA.  I tried having a friends reservation linked but we were booked with different TAs so it was not possible,

17 hours ago, jelayne said:

Have your TA link them if everyone is booked with the same TA.  I tried having a friends reservation linked but we were booked with different TAs so it was not possible,

My experience with different groups, is that they can still be linked, But you cannot book anything for them that costs money. For Example, I could not book1 party out of the 4 with us for specialty Dining, but I could for the main dining room. I could also go into their check-in and request their arrival time.

To Complicate things, I was able to book specialty dining for them. I had to pay for it and they are not part of the group that includes the rest of us.  I will be going to the maitre d on the first day and inform the restaurant that the party of 2 is to be added to our party of 6.

My experience with different TA's is that it it can still be done. I did it for a group this summer where each of the 3 parties used a different TA and one party was a different country. It was the same as when all parties were booked with the same TA but just with a different group.

Edited by Tudy
more information

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

Interesting.       I linked our friends from Australia (different TA) with my  reservation myself.    I could book tours for all of us but had to do it individually as the reservation are in different currencies.  

I did have a problem earlier this year with 2 reservations I booked under my credit card -  When I tried to book reservations for dinner it rejected saying we had different currencies. -  while my BIL and SIL do live in Scotland I was paying for everything on my CC.   TA was able to fix quickly.

I was able to select all 4 of our Check-In time.  Their reservation shows up just under may