Shore Excursions

LewiLewi

22 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

Are shore excursions included in Serenity’s Caribbean cruises?

Sixty days before your cruise you can go to "My Account (your account) and you will see the pricing for each shore excursion.

Thankfully, Crystal does not include excursions in the cruise fare.  I hope this continues.

Keith 

• Like 7

On 10/27/2023 at 9:56 AM, Keith1010 said:

Sixty days before your cruise you can go to "My Account (your account) and you will see the pricing for each shore excursion.

Thankfully, Crystal does not include excursions in the cruise fare.  I hope this continues.

Keith 

Excursions just opened for my January cruise and I reserved some today. This was the first time I did not have to pay anything to reserve an excursion. Is this normal for Crystal? Do we pay once we board or is it charged after the cruise? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Amber14 said:

Excursions just opened for my January cruise and I reserved some today. This was the first time I did not have to pay anything to reserve an excursion. Is this normal for Crystal? Do we pay once we board or is it charged after the cruise? Thanks!

I expect it to be charged when we are on board. I think this allows the use of onboard credits, which evidently they don’t have the web site ready to do yet.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Amber14 said:

This is the way Crystal does it which we've always appreciated.

Keith

• Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 9:56 AM, Keith1010 said:

Keith 

I hope they NEVER include shore excursions. Regent used to have great shore excursions with busses only half full. The minute they went to all included the busses filled up and the shore excursions were more basic unless you paid the upcharge for the better ones. And the upcharges were sometimes the same as it cost to do similar shore excursions on Crystal!

• Like 2

I just thought I’d note that reservations for excursions and dining can now be made up to 90 days before departure. We were able to make reservations for the entire 2024 WC, and our bookings for later in 2024 are indicating 90 days. So definitely some improvement in that area. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LoveBora said:

I just thought I’d note that reservations for excursions and dining can now be made up to 90 days before departure. We were able to make reservations for the entire 2024 WC, and our bookings for later in 2024 are indicating 90 days. So definitely some improvement in that area. 

We are also on the 24WC and are able to make tour reservations.

However, we cannot make dining reservations in specialty restaurants beyond the first segment. I have contacted crystal last week and as of today there has been no reply. I assume that the computer Is recognizing the whole WC as one segment.

Are you having the same problem?

1 hour ago, LoveBora said:

You are correct, Bayonejoe, it appears that the specialty restaurants can be booked only 90 days prior to each segment. 

LoveBora, have you been able to make specialty  reservations for the second segment of the WC. It is less than 90 days out.

I tried andIt won’t let me.

44 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

LoveBora, have you been able to make specialty  reservations for the second segment of the WC. It is less than 90 days out.

I tried andIt won’t let me.

Are you starting the WC in Miami, making San Diego the beginning of your second segment? We are starting in San Diego and have been able to book only San Diego to Papeete. If this is your second segment, then I think Crystal should allow you to book your specialty restaurants. 

LoveBora,

I just got off the phone with Crystal on board services concerning specialty restaurants reservations for the WC.

I was informed that the 2024 WC is considered one  segment. So you are entitled to two bookings on that segment and you must wait until embarkation for additional reservations on the remaining segments. When I enquired about being able to book 90 days out for each subsequent segment,I was told that was not the policy .

Se La vie

I certainly hope that the one segment rule doesn’t apply toward earning cruise credits. Personally, I think Crystal doesn’t have their act together regarding the WC. What you were told is that those who are on segments 3 or 4, etc., can make their dining reservations before those on the WC. That doesn’t seem quite right to me. 

On 11/2/2023 at 8:41 AM, AtA said:

I hope they NEVER include shore excursions. Regent used to have great shore excursions with busses only half full. The minute they went to all included the busses filled up and the shore excursions were more basic unless you paid the upcharge for the better ones. And the upcharges were sometimes the same as it cost to do similar shore excursions on Crystal!

And the fares increased to include those basic (unacceptable) tours.  My last R cruise during the "Crystal Pause", the tours were worthless with busses broken, shopping to nowhere interesting and a waste of time. It reminded me of why I stopped booking Regent in the first place.

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.
  • Like 1

LoveBora, you are correct. Those on segments 3,4 will be able make reservations before the world cruisers. 
Mario/ Paolo will be very busy in Miami making reservations for the specialty restaurants for world cruisers.

But not to worry. The person I spoke with said that with such a long cruise ,I would have ample time to visit the specialty restaurants . Also, there is always the ability to book Tastes. 

I don’t believe this will effect cruise credits. But I guess that is another question.

On the bright side. Sixty-nine days until we cruise😁

I am not sure what the outcome will be on this but I am trying to find out why each segment of the World Cruise for those of you who are on a full world cruise wouldn't be treated the same way as back to back cruises.  I am not sure if this is truly a policy issue or a systems issue.  I know you were told policy but I thought it was worth the ask.  When I hear something I will post it.

Keith