Embarkation MDR lunch

mrell345

22 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

What items are on the menu for MDR lunch on embarkation day?

I don’t remember the entire menu because I always have:

Avocado Bay Shrimp starter

Salmon entree

Soufflé for dessert

My husband enjoys the Beef Medallions

I’m sure many more will chime in!

MDR embarkation lunch is my “We are cruising again!” moment!

• Like 8

In addition to those items mentioned above, the menu generally includes spinach ricotta ravioli and chick pea soup. Soufflé is usually Grand Marnier. 

And there are always the everyday choices like burger, fries, etc. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

What items are on the menu for MDR lunch on embarkation day?

The embarkation lunch is a typical main dining room lunch menu, ie; starter, entrée,  dessert.  We enjoy going to it as it kick starts the cruise and the buffet area is usually packed.

Enjoy it if you try it.  

1 hour ago, MustangGT said:

I don’t remember the entire menu because I always have:

Avocado Bay Shrimp starter

Salmon entree

Soufflé for dessert

My husband enjoys the Beef Medallions

I’m sure many more will chime in!

MDR embarkation lunch is my “We are cruising again!” moment!

We both have the same as you!  We don’t eat red meat, but the salmon is lovely!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Didn't realize that was even an option. Is it available on all sailings? Will have to look for it next time.

Look for it, and don't listen to any crew who tell you that it's not a thing and the buffet is the only option. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Didn't realize that was even an option. Is it available on all sailings? Will have to look for it next time.

Every sailing I've been on, I think it is just like for two hours in one diningroom.  We go right after we board and last cruise people just stuck their carry-ons by the front doors of diningroom. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I wouldn't know!  We never get to the ship in time!

We've managed to do it once. I was so stoked because I could finally order the orange souffle everyone raves about, & I'm told is only available for embarkation day lunch. Alas. It was only ok. Nothing like I anticipated. I was one disappointed lady. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

How do people manage to eat a full MDR lunch menu and still have room for a full meal in the evening? I have tried it a couple of times and failed miserably so I don't have lunch in the MDR. I'll just have a slice of pizza or a burger from Salty Sea Dog or a sandwich or snack from IC.

No criticism of those that can... enjoy!

48 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

How do people manage to eat a full MDR lunch menu and still have room for a full meal in the evening? I have tried it a couple of times and failed miserably so I don't have lunch in the MDR. I'll just have a slice of pizza or a burger from Salty Sea Dog or a sandwich or snack from IC.

I prefer lunch menu on first day over dinner menu. So eat a light dinner.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

We prefer to eat larger meals earlier in the day. Then, we eat lighter at dinner time.  It’s great we all have options!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

We are retired and eat our main meal at lunch most days at sea and at home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Real easy, it's embarkation day so you just don't eat breakfast.  Lunch at noon, dinner at 600

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That’s another of the reasons that we don’t do a MDR lunch on embarkation day.  We’re just not interested in a heavier meal at that time of day.  We prefer to get something light like a sandwich or salad at the buffet or IC and then we’re ready for a multi-course dinner later on.

I'll be going on my first Princess cruise in February. Are you allowed to order three of the starters and just have those for your whole meal (no main)? I don't want to be a nightmare to the wait staff and kitchen and make their jobs even more difficult but those starters are super appealing to me.

4 minutes ago, whee-sailing said:

I'll be going on my first Princess cruise in February. Are you allowed to order three of the starters and just have those for your whole meal (no main)? I don't want to be a nightmare to the wait staff and kitchen and make their jobs even more difficult but those starters are super appealing to me.

Yes 🙂

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, whee-sailing said:

Yes no limit to amount of appetizers 

• Like 1