Transportation to Ijmuiden from Amsterdam Airport

Cruise NH

I know there are public transportation options for this journey but with our luggage we won't be using them.  I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for car services from the airport to the terminal area.  We actually will stay at a hotel near the port the night before so a shuttle to the cruise port wouldn't really help.

Thanks for your help!

In 2016 we used AirportsTaxiTransfers.com from Schiphol to Ijmuiden. It was 47 Euros and you go around Amsterdam by fairly quiet roads so quick.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Ijmuiden Seaport Beach, 91 Euros in 2016. We could see the Prinsendam from our hotel room close by.

2 minutes ago, ScottishMaid said:

In 2016 we used AirportsTaxiTransfers.com from Schiphol to Ijmuiden. It was 47 Euros and you go around Amsterdam by fairly quiet roads so quick.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Ijmuiden Seaport Beach, 91 Euros in 2016. We could see the Prinsendam from our hotel room close by.

Could you walk from the hotel to the port?  It’s not a Holiday Inn anymore but it’s still there under another name.

6 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Could you walk from the hotel to the port?  It’s not a Holiday Inn anymore but it’s still there under another name.

I looked at my Maps app and Felison Cruise Terminal is very close but not clear if there is a connector road. Personally I'd get to the hotel and investigate the evening prior then have the hotel organize a taxi if necessary. Enjoy your cruise!

There is a direct walking route but beware.  The terminal is behind a dike, and as I recall you walk along the top of the dike, and then take stairs down to the cruise terminal   I think I have photos somewhere but not sure.

Roy

Roy - thanks so much for the pic

38 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

There is a direct walking route but beware.  The terminal is behind a dike, and as I recall you walk along the top of the dike, and then take stairs down to the cruise terminal   I think I have photos somewhere but not sure.

Roy

Roy,

Thanks so much for the pictures.  Yikes that would be difficult with luggage so a taxi would be needed.

• Thanks 1