Nov 12 Panama itinerary changes

Bad1987

3 hours ago, Bad1987 said:

Has anyone noticed changes to Panama cruise for Nov 12?

Just noticed Aruba now changed to Willemstad Curacao on Nov 16 and

Montero Bay Jamaica has been changed back to Key West Nov 23

I'm on that cruise and I don't see any change in itinerary on HAL's website.

4 hours ago, Bad1987 said:

If those changes hold true - one silver lining is Curaçao and Key West.  not many ships can get to Key West and Curaçao is a gem.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Bad1987 said:

That is actually good in my opinion.

• Like 2

We see these changes on the Nav App under our itinerary but have not received formal notice from HAL or out TA.  We are on the 21 day and were scheduled to stop in Aruba on both legs. It now looks like we are changed to Curacao on the first leg. Not heart broken but will require changing excursion plans.

The new itinerary shows up in my Nav app but the old itinerary shows up in my hubby's Nav app. Weird.  So are we not doing the partial transit any longer?  That's the reason we booked this trip.  And we're in Key West on Thanksgiving.  Is anything even going to be open?

Regarding Nov 12, I took a look at Cruisemapper and it shows the Seven Seas Mariner and Emerald Princess in Aruba.  As the port can only dock two ships, it is not surprising that there has been a change.   One might wonder why the change was announced at such a late date, but that is another issue.  

Hank

Hi all...

Just adding my two cents as I'm currently on the current  Rotterdam sailing....

No excursions in the Canal tomorrow, no anchoring, no tendering.  Our excursion was cancelled as was everyone's as I'm told by staff.

Definitely disappointed but we will still travel the partial locks so that is a destination in itself.

Hoping that the civil unrest in Panama can come to a peaceful ending somehow.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, MissiCruzs said:

The new itinerary shows up in my Nav app but the old itinerary shows up in my hubby's Nav app. Weird.  So are we not doing the partial transit any longer?  That's the reason we booked this trip.  And we're in Key West on Thanksgiving.  Is anything even going to be open?

The BEST Thanksgiving dinner I have EVER had was in Key West at Pepe's!!  I highly recommend.

We love Key West.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oakridger said:

In post #4 the captain's letter says they will still be transiting the locks but no shore excursions will be offered from there.

~Nancy

That's for the current cruise.  I'm not on until the Nov. 12th cruise.

11 hours ago, Don Kehote said:

Please oh please change Rotterdam on December 13 to anything but Jamaica.  I would take a day at sea, or a keelhauling, or being fired into the sun in lieu.

We simply view a day in Jamaica as a sea day, best spent on the ship :).

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Regarding Nov 12, I took a look at Cruisemapper and it shows the Seven Seas Mariner and Emerald Princess in Aruba.  As the port can only dock two ships, it is not surprising that there has been a change.   One might wonder why the change was announced at such a late date, but that is another issue.  

Hank

We are sailing from FLL on Nov. 12.  We are not in Aruba until Nov. 16 along with the Jewel of the Seas.

This whole thread is just a lot of speculation and misinformation.

10 minutes ago, MissiCruzs said:

We are sailing from FLL on Nov. 12.  We are not in Aruba until Nov. 16 along with the Jewel of the Seas.

Sorry, I read your op as being in Aruba on the 12th.  These days, whether any ship will be able to go to any port is pure speculation.  Cruise lines (including HAL) seem to have embraced a tendency to announce itinerary changes at the last minute (often after final payments) and one can speculate as to why?   Frequent cruisers are used to last minute changes (does not mean we like it) which has become part of the cruise game.

Hank

6 minutes ago, MissiCruzs said:

I checked the Key West cruise port website this morning, we had been removed from it previously but are now back listed on it.

https://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/158/Cruise-Ships-Marine-Services

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikeyto said:

I checked the Key West cruise port website this morning, we had been removed from it previously but are now back listed on it.

https://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/158/Cruise-Ships-Marine-Services

I clicked on your link.  I also checked CruiseTimetables and CruiseMapper and they are showing no ships scheduled in Key West on Nov. 23rd.  Guess time will tell but I'm not making any new plans until HAL says it's so via communication to those of us booked on this cruise.

• Like 1