A Favor

george35

Boarding the WONDER on Nov. 5 & will be setting the DUCKS out on the 6th so be on the lookout for them. HINT they will not be easy & at the end of the cruise I will be checking to see if they are all gone. Any questions?????????????????????

george35

I have to pick a dinner res. for 4 people on the WONDER ( I already picked )  The other couple has only been one 1 cruise ( Dont know what line ) . My question is How is the wonders food?? This person is FUSSIE as hell about food but he will show it by NOT eating much. I would feel like a fool if I asked him what resturant he would like to eat at on the ship. The other couple is my daughter & her husband who is ultra rich( but a down to earth guy ) I think I still have time to change the resturant before we sail.  Any sugguestions??

george35

Aloha. Having been blessed to cruise since the 1970s on various lines in suites and inside cabins earlier in life, RCCL is a mainstream line as you know. Because of its shear size the food onboard is akin to a glorified catering hall.  I cannot say your son in law will like the food. That said, you may find some success with Chops, Jaimes Italian, Central Park. It’s the old when in Rome situation which is why you selected Royal versus Viking, Crystal, Regent, maybe Oceania.  But the deed is done. The Wonder is a beautiful ship and the time you are going is good because there will be fewer children and he will probably enjoy the variety of offerings onboard. Passengers are from all socioeconomic backgrounds and I am sure he will have a nice time as well as you and your family. I personally have completed my sailings on large ships unless the family wants to join us. Being born and raised in Manhattan where we have an abundance of Michelin starred restaurants, I am just as happy with a dirty water hotdog and having traveled the world I have learned to tolerate the environment. Please keep us posted and I hope everyone has a great time!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, george35 said:

Any sugguestions??

The one restaurant that we have found to be consistently good on Wonder is Chops - we have eaten there on all eight of our Wonder cruises. 150 Central Park is also quite good as is Izumi. Did not like Hooked, Have not tried the others.

1 hour ago, LouChamp said:

I am just as happy with a dirty water hotdog

Ah yes, the dirty water dog!  Funny story, I never heard them called that until I moved to NC and they had a hot dog cart at the flea market.  Hubby is from Long Island originally and called them that...I'm from Rochester and never heard that term.

Anyhow, back to the topic...We're going on Wonder December 3rd and have booked dinner at The Mason Jar, heard good things about it.  And booked lunch at Hooked, also heard good things.  I think even with a fussy eater, there's enough food and variety they should be fine.  We've had dinner at 150 on Harmony and that was really good!  And years earlier on another cruise, we at at Chops, wasn't too bad but I wasn't feeling so good that day.  

Have fun and good luck!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, yogimax said:

Giovanni's much better than Jamies, including a nice filet for a lunch bargain

Depends on which iteration of Giovanni's you are at. Gio's Table is excellent; Gio's Kitchen is a glorified pizza joint - Wonder has the Kitchen version🙁

• Like 1

Can't comment much about the other restaurants...we seem to be sticking to Coastal Kitchen.  Last night's Filet Mignon was fantastic!  Better than the ones we had been getting at Chops.  

Sitting at Coco Cay right now......winds howling.  I think NCL waved it off (they have to tender), since the ship was out there this morning..and then left.  

Will be on next week as well.  "Sea" you on board.  🙂  Will check out your Ducks.  Bucky gets them all the time with his Jeep Wrangler...people just give them to him.  It's "a Jeep thing" as well.  😉 

Was on Wonder beginning of this month. Had UDP. For us, enjoyed Chops & Giovanni's Kitchen the most. Gio's Filet was a bit better than Chops, but both were excellent. At Giovanni's, get a margarita pizza as an app and the filet as main course. Ask for Fernando in Chops as your waiter (Danjiel was the Maitre'D) and at Giovanni's ask for Renden as your waiter (Claudio is the Maitre'D). Tell them Mr. William (Bill) sent you. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, george35 said:

Thanks to all who ans. my question but like a LONG & HAPPY married man the choice is hers.

george35

LOL...my DH always likes to quote the tired old sayings:   "Happy Wife, Happy Life".   Plus gets the last word in..."Yes Dear".   😄