Thanksgiving Cruise

mlink87

Hello Everyone!

My partner and I are heading out on Apex on November 18th to the Eastern Caribbean.  Really excited as we just had our first snow here in Denver last night and the Caribbean sounds just right before heading back home to ski for the season!

We booked so last minute that all we could grab that was available was a Deluxe Inside Cabin (super hoping that our bid for Aqua Class, Infinite Verandah, Sunset Verandah, or at least an Ocean View comes through...I haven't been in an inside cabin in about a decade...although, not sure how that will happen since there aren't any available rooms but I definitely bid high, especially for Aqua Class...we shall see as they're all still showing pending and can be updated still.)

I do have a question for everyone...has anyone done a Thanksgiving cruise in a while?  I'm curious if we will see any Christmas decorations put up over the dates we are on board.  I'd LOVE to see the Christmas Tree up on the Edge Class at the Martini Bar 🙂

Could  be as it isn’t even Thanksgiving, or Halloween and stores and houses are already doing Christmas decorations.   Remember that Thanksgiving day is a U.S.A.  celebration.   Other countries don’t recognize it, same as other U.S.A holidays.   And the same for Christmas.  It is a Christian Holiday and there are many that cruise that have their own religious holidays.   

We have been on cruises during that time period and have seen Christmas decorations being set up at the end of the cruise at the end of Nov.  They are very tasteful and rather traditional,  basically they blend in with no religious connection or Santa Claus.  

Photo at Caracao 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0760.png

Edited by miched

4 hours ago, mlink87 said:

Hello Everyone!

My partner and I are heading out on Apex on November 18th to the Eastern Caribbean.  Really excited as we just had our first snow here in Denver last night and the Caribbean sounds just right before heading back home to ski for the season!

We booked so last minute that all we could grab that was available was a Deluxe Inside Cabin (super hoping that our bid for Aqua Class, Infinite Verandah, Sunset Verandah, or at least an Ocean View comes through...I haven't been in an inside cabin in about a decade...although, not sure how that will happen since there aren't any available rooms but I definitely bid high, especially for Aqua Class...we shall see as they're all still showing pending and can be updated still.)

I do have a question for everyone...has anyone done a Thanksgiving cruise in a while?  I'm curious if we will see any Christmas decorations put up over the dates we are on board.  I'd LOVE to see the Christmas Tree up on the Edge Class at the Martini Bar 🙂

In 2021, Celebrity actually published a schedule for when each ship would be decorated for Christmas. Here is the link

They were all scheduled for the first sailing right after Thanksgiving. So if they keep to that schedule, you will miss it. 

However there is information in the brochure about what is done for Thanksgiving. 

Edited by mahdnc

16 hours ago, mlink87 said:

Hello Everyone!

We have sailed over Thanksgiving for about 20 years on Celebrity.   They start decorating the ship around Halloween and switch over to Thanksgiving almost immediately.

The day after Thanksgiving they have the Fall Decorations torn down overnight and begin with Xmas. They start with Xmas Trees and more is added almost daily until the ship is a winter wonderland by Christmas -  Trees, Gingerbread houses with lights and trains etc...etc.   You will not be disappointed.