Scenic Club Benefits

Host Jazzbeau

6 hours ago, pontac said:

We booked our second Scenic river cruise and got £100 each off as

Welcome Home Discount - Gold - Voucher

Their website says  

Gold benefits include: Welcome Home voucher to be redeemed on your next ultra-luxury cruise or land journey**, priority booking on pre-release land journey or cruises, Scenic Club members-only events and exclusive access to Scenic Wonder eMagazine.

Never had eMagazine, any invitations to member events  or info on pre-release cruises. (I quite frequently get invites to Viking member event, regularly get both Viking eMags and printed mags.)

Did you receive a Welcome Home Voucher, or was it just applied to your invoice?

FYI- my wife and I booked our second cruise with Scenic which is an 11-day cruise (plus 3 days in Prague) and we received a Welcome Home Discount- Gold- Voucher for $200 each (total $400 discount).  It was taken directly off of the Booking Invoice.

Oops dah, just realised what the discussion is about as we just automatically expect it and include it in our calculations and have done for years. You may (don’t forget we’re in the U.K.) have to give a small nudge but usually the booking team are on the ball and everything is automatic. We are Diamond members I doubt we will ever become Emerald members.

19 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Did you receive a Welcome Home Voucher, or was it just applied to your invoice?

Didn't receive a voucher. When I phoned Scenic to book they asked if we'd travelled with them before. I said we had and they told me that therefore each of us got £100 off. I don't know if they checked; it seemed a bit casual.

Pleasant surprise, especially as I had to pay total amount then and there - ten months in advance of travel - full payment at time of booking is a bugbear you've mentioned many times. However it was the cost of getting the  discount on this cruise that Mrs P wanted.

When I then told  her that they'd stopped the free chauffer to/from airport she was disappointed because, she said, that was the best thing about Scenic!

• Thanks 1

We are Platinum members and have just booked for July this year. I’ll check the paperwork when I get it for any welcome Home discount, but we are getting 100 miles transfer credit in each direction. As I understand it, this means that when we travel to Eurostar, will be paying a supplement of 33 miles at £2 per mile And on the return it within the hundred miles so it will be included.

That’s what we’ve done in past years so for some there is transport still included we’re not so far out as you just that bit closer to the M4. It’s such a more civilised start to the holiday.

Just to say Emerald not to be confused with Scenic’s sister company just the next tier of how many times you’ve travelled with them.

Edited by Canal archive

10 hours ago, English Tim said:

We are Platinum members and have just booked for July this year.

...we are getting 100 miles transfer credit in each direction.

No doubt by the time we reach Platinum level they will have withdrawn this perk. Year before last even1st time cruisers with Scenic (like us) got free transport. Last year it was replaced by a transfer credit, this year that too was withdrawn.