Scenic Club Benefits

Host Jazzbeau

The Scenic website shows that after your first cruise you become a Gold member, and are entitled to several benefits including a $200 Thank You voucher to redeem on your next cruise and $50/€50 OBC.

I was listed as Gold on my second cruise Booking Advice, but I didn't get either of those benefits – perhaps because it was booked before the first cruise had occurred.  But I'm back from that second cruise for a month now and I didn't get the Thank You voucher for that one either.

Have others gotten these Scenic Club benefits as promised?

Hi Jazz we are now Diamond members, someone is welcome to correct me about this if I’m wrong but your invoice for the Douro should have shown the $200 reduction as far as I remember I’ve never had an actual voucher, its in our case, £200 off the total amount not each. The OBC is very new, we used to get a choice of various - gifts - usually luggage this was stopped and the OBC of €50 per person introduced I’m fairly sure this was only from this year so again you should have been able to use it on your Douro cruise. I had quite a chat with our CD about it and she said she would mention it in her port talk, she never did. It’s supposed to be explained under the FAQ on the website it’s also Scenics nod to an ethical no rubbish planet, which I just thought was fatuous.

I used mine for a massage and DH for more laundry which was to my benefit as less shirt ironing on our return. 
I think it actually didn’t start until April this year.

Did you book yourself or through a TA?

The $50 OBC is no longer being offered. The OBC was initially on our invoice for an April ‘24 cruise, but was dropped on subsequent invoices. I questioned this and was told they were no longer offering this OBC but, as a “courtesy”, they will extend the credit to us. However, this was only after our TA got involved. 

Partial error on my part:  we did get the €50 pp OBC in lieu of luggage (and spent it).  I just can't find that anywhere in my documents.

But my booking documents do not show the $200 pp discount.

On 10/30/2023 at 12:07 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

The Scenic website shows that after your first cruise you become a Gold member, and are entitled to several benefits including a $200 Thank You voucher to redeem on your next cruise and $50/€50 OBC.

I was listed as Gold on my second cruise Booking Advice, but I didn't get either of those benefits – perhaps because it was booked before the first cruise had occurred.  But I'm back from that second cruise for a month now and I didn't get the Thank You voucher for that one either.

Have others gotten these Scenic Club benefits as promised?

Hi Jazz- when we booked our second cruise with Scenic back in July through a TA we received two $200 discounts on our booking that were listed as "Welcome Home Discount- Gold" with a voucher code.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 11:42 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Partial error on my part:  we did get the €50 pp OBC in lieu of luggage (and spent it).  I just can't find that anywhere in my documents.

But my booking documents do not show the $200 pp discount.

What did you buy with the OBC?  

We just booked the 8 day Douro cruise in June of 2025. A Royal Suite was available and we decided to book it. We have a €250 OBC coming. I wonder if I can use it in the gift shop. 

Also I saw a $187pp discount on my booking confirmation. I wonder if that was our previous cruiser discount. 

7 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

What did you buy with the OBC?  

We just booked the 8 day Douro cruise in June of 2025. A Royal Suite was available and we decided to book it. We have a €250 OBC coming. I wonder if I can use it in the gift shop. 

Also I saw a $187pp discount on my booking confirmation. I wonder if that was our previous cruiser discount. 

The 250 OBC is in two parts:  50 in lieu of luggage; 200 spa credit.  We used the 50 on some spa product in the gift ship (since nothing else appealed).  We were unable to use the 200 because it is only for spa services, which we didn't want.  BTW if you do want spa services, sign up early – there is only one staff member and the appointments book up.

BTW if anything in the Scenic ship shop does appeal, buy it now!  They run out during cruises, and we found that the selection on Scenic Gem (Seine) in 2022 was completely different that on Scenic Azure (Douro) in 2023.  So it's now or never!

Jazz each boat cruising a  different river usually has stock appertaining to area so I definitely come back from a cruise including Germany with a Steiff bear to join the rest of my, according to DH far to large Teddy Bear collection. It was a couple of the painted sardines from the Douro, silly I know but it had to be done!

Edited by Canal archive

• 2 months later...

I phoned Scenic last week and during the conversation asked about the 50 euro OBC mentioned above re luggage.  They said this was last year's perk and they are not offering it in 2024.     

The Australian website does not show it in the table on the 'Scenic Club Loyalty' page and in the Scenic Club FAQs it specifically states 'We will not be offering any further general Onboard Credits for Ocean and River Cruises from the 1st January 2024'.  I was hoping to use it for laundry 😞

we used ours for laundry. on a fortnight cruise we managed no laundry costs - used the one included bag, then OBC credit for one more bag and washed underwear and light tops by hand (was warm weather)

Not sure how removing it i n any way 'cherishes the planet' 🤨😵

Fortunately our next Scenic cruise is on Mekong and the boat has a self serve laundry for guests

24 minutes ago, Kristelle said:

Not sure how removing it i n any way 'cherishes the planet' 🤨😵

Saving 'green' 🤣

[maybe this joke only works in the US, because our paper money is ... green]

But what is more planet cherishing - paper money = trees, and the gunk that goes into printing, metal money well that’s not exactly eco friendly, and the rate we’re all using plastic these days, I know it’s only  a little oblong but they add up in more ways than one.

We booked our second Scenic river cruise and got £100 each off as

Welcome Home Discount - Gold - Voucher

However Scenic no longer include backpack and transport to/from the airport that we had in 2022.

Their websites says  

Gold benefits include: Welcome Home voucher to be redeemed on your next ultra-luxury cruise or land journey**, priority booking on pre-release land journey or cruises, Scenic Club members-only events and exclusive access to Scenic Wonder eMagazine.

Never had eMagazine, any invitations to member events  or info on pre-release cruises. (I quite frequently get invites to Viking member event, regularly get both Viking eMags and printed mags.)

Edited by pontac