Crossing the Globe (Kind of) - A Pr1ma (Hopefully) Live'ish Adventure, 11/20 - 12/1

cruiseny4life

The night before Ponta Delgada means we're in bed watching some TV before bed and a not really early wake up. We just don't want to be hungover from excitement for tomorrow as we go exploring an island described as a Mashup between Hawaii and Ireland (I wish I could remember who said that). 

So, with that, I leave you with the taste of Hawaii, made by Rommel. Blue Hawaiian! 

20231123_190514.thumb.jpg.aa9de0f59ba9c01da0b84424b56f3c55.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, Sugar Magnolia said:

No turkey at MDR? Are you and @mking8288 on the same ship?

Hmmm, we have a slight problem for the MDR options as presented, or were we served a special menu exclusive to the NCL "Inner Circles" club members in the semi-private dining quarters only ?  

We had oversized portions, both dark & white meat turkey, tender & moist - I didn't want to get over-stuffed 

And, everything else seemed identical. Adrian said they used 122 turkeys in the gallery prep for this evening - doubtful that the crew ate it all up themselves ... I can try to ask them 🫢

Yes, we are on the same ship for sure, our 2 friends ate in FR around 6 PM and stroll across to the buffet afterwards for ice cream 

PXL_20231123_193344346.MP.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 5

I can report that the Haven restaurant had thanksgiving specials. The specials were not on the menu, but there were two entree specials and two desert specials. 

For entree, they had a turkey special and a ham special. Wifey and me both chose the turkey and it was yummy. 

For desert they had a special cheesecake or a pecan pie, we choose one each. 

They were all really yummy 😋 … Sorry for the dark pictures, but somehow we were in the darkest spot of the restaurant 😉

IMG_3477.jpeg

IMG_3479.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kasimir said:

I can report that the Haven restaurant had thanksgiving specials. The specials were not on the menu, but there were two entree specials and two desert specials. 

Thanks, I had meant to mention that. I spoke with the hostess to ask about Thanksgiving options and she did tell us that dinner would include those two things. I asked specifically about sides and she said the only special side would be yams. If I had known there would be some dressing, I'd have stopped in for a bit, minus the turkey. 

I'm glad you enjoyed!

• Like 1

And at 8 AM, I wasted far too much food. Yes NCL, if it ain't good, I'm not eating it. It's unfortunately not the first I've kept on my plate this cruise. The Haven, especially breakfast, is not stacking up to previous cruises. 

20231124_075603.thumb.jpg.714c873e46d61835bdfb24be100367ba.jpg

We went in search of breakfast sandwiches in Indulge merely to find a buffet setup. It's not the grab and go concept I was so looking forward to. Just more disappointing bacon, eggs, pancakes, cereal, weird egg molds, and pastries and cereal. 

I mentioned my disappointment to my husband. He said he's glad that he's not the only one. Early this morning, while tossing around on the mattress that makes me almost fall out of bed, I was thinking that our cruising days may be over. The staff, overall, are amazing! The quality is not. 

My cranky a@$ self is going to have an enjoyable shore excursion that, I hope, doesn't include old buildings! 

A welcome to Ponta Delgada! This was fun to see!

20231124_080412.thumb.jpg.205fc482fd8b34db9ac6a4c174f0e79b.jpg

• Like 8

15 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

an island described as a Mashup between Hawaii and Ireland (I wish I could remember who said that). 

That would be me...although I can't take credit for coining the phrase. I actually read it elsewhere...but, as I'm sure you will find out, it's an apt description. And don't forget what I told you about the hydrangeas...although it may be too late in the season to see them in full bloom.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, schmoopie17 said:

That would be me...although I can't take credit for coining the phrase. I actually read it elsewhere...but, as I'm sure you will find out, it's an apt description. And don't forget what I told you about the hydrangeas...although it may be too late in the season to see them in full bloom.

We saw a bunch! Most are no longer colorful. We are planning another, much longer trip!

20231124_105841.thumb.jpg.27ed75b382e66f639c092275b7a2ee57.jpg

• Like 4