Everything.. Norwegian Aqua / Prima class #3

Steff79

4 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@Host Kat When you get a chance please add Aqua to the Roll Call, thank you...

So sorry, but that is something I cannot do as a non-paid volunteer. Only a paid Administrator is able to add another ship to the NCL Roll Call forums.

Please note the following from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Please send your email to LauraS, Senior Manager, Community at community@cruisecritic.com.  Also, please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. LauraS should be able to fulfill your request.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

Currently deciding whether we pull the plug and book her first 7 day sailing from the US on April 26th. So tempting.

I’m tempted. I sailed Prima last year and while it has its flaws, the Vibe beach club made up for it. 

Hopefully Aqua feels 10% bigger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojito85 said:

I’m tempted. I sailed Prima last year and while it has its flaws, the Vibe beach club made up for it. 

Hopefully Aqua feels 10% bigger. 

Yes. But there are 15% more people on board then prima. 
the prima problems are the bad layout and not enough entertainment. We will see if they fix that. 

4 hours ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

Currently deciding whether we pull the plug and book her first 7 day sailing from the US on April 26th. So tempting.

There could always be construction delays plus there are always growing pains for the first 4-6 months and delays with shows like on the Viva or with game shows like on the Prima.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

There could always be construction delays plus there are always growing pains for the first 4-6 months and delays with shows like on the Viva or with game shows like on the Prima.

That’s true! I just got my quote back from my travel agent as well and it’s $4,400 CAD for two people and that’s an inside cabin! We might wait a bit. 

I was pleasantly surprise as a solo passenger how reasonable this cruise priced out to be even with airfare from the Westcoast of the United States.  

Countdown has now officially begun.

Will be curious as to who the Senior Hotel Management staff will be.

5 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I was pleasantly surprise as a solo passenger how reasonable this cruise priced out to be even with airfare from the Westcoast of the United States.  

Countdown has now officially begun.

Will be curious as to who the Senior Hotel Management staff will be.

I was surprised at how reasonable airfare was also when I looked at this. My only problem is I might want to go to London longer than the 2 day deviation (thinking of arriving on Monday) so it won't work for me. I will be on the Viva soon so will talk to the CruiseNext desk and probably book then.

On 11/1/2023 at 2:39 PM, Steff79 said:

some first thougts:

what want the hull art say to me?

Northern Europe maybe to replace the Prima there, she will be bigger so better for colder weather.

is that a slide above the race track, or no race track? not clear to see.

rest seems like the sister.

it disapperaed now again at the homepage, i saw it too, but when i clicked it i came to a normal ncl Page

No it going to warm ship mami Bermuda

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I was surprised at how reasonable airfare was also when I looked at this. My only problem is I might want to go to London longer than the 2 day deviation (thinking of arriving on Monday) so it won't work for me. I will be on the Viva soon so will talk to the CruiseNext desk and probably book then.

No for me 1 person from Boston to London I don’t need return flight

IMG_3074.jpeg

Something I noticed on the new Aqua is that the aft part (the thinner section) of the Aqua is a bit longer compared to Prima/Viva. You can see it very well on deck 16 where two H9 cabins have been added before the Haven area on each side. And I noticed more cabins on the decks below as well. 
image.thumb.png.1897bbc0d68d56d368c21cbd08caa247.png

I guess the slightly longer aft part of the ship should also translate to a slightly larger Indulge Food hall and Local Bar & Grill and an outside boulevard area on deck 8.

Also it seems, they went from 3 dry slides on Prima/Viva to 1 dry slide on Aqua, eliminating the dry slides on one side of the ship completely. 

• Like 2

I booked a 7 night out of Canaveral in May,2025. I was sold as soon as I saw no go carts.

My guess as to the elimination of the race track came down to money….maintenance and upkeep not to mention space. Electric carts take a beating and salt air corrodes.

I just hope that if the balance sheet for NCL improves enough, big shows return. NCL has always been known for their entertainment…..even back in the ‘70’s…

NCL did not learn from their past….cramming too much into a ship. The Dreamward when built was ahead of its time…..but too tight for all the design features she had. Eventually she was lengthened. Perhaps Prima and Viva could stand a midsection add…..and enlarge their pool area.

For now, Aqua will will do me fine, as long as the Vibe remains😎

The other place the ship is lengthened is at the Atrium/Public Pool deck. Pool is the same size relatively, way more sun lounger deck space and possibly less lost to the shadow of the race track.

Inevitably a good amount of public spaces that people complain about are reasonably bigger (Public Pool Deck, Atrium sitting space, definitely The buffet, ?Indulge and ?The Local). I think all of those changes are largely what people were after. Other than Syd Norman's, if that is still a thing on this vessel.

image.png.2019e42dbb3937f03ddcf4841d778fe8.png

image.png.9f6fce4afeae59667c41d1b960cf9e6b.png

image.png.0b19f5df651de5d9d0f6db772f595c90.png

image.png.e406dc032040e51f185bf7c601fae4d0.png

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 11:35 AM, Margiev said:

Thanks for answering this question.

5 hours ago, scottsquires12 said:

No for me 1 person from Boston to London I don’t need return flight

IMG_3074.jpeg

If you travel solo, they simply give you half off the airfare since there is no second guest. $760 Still looks a bit steep for one-way to London, but it's hard to find a good price nowadays.  You can always book without the air.