Everything.. Norwegian Aqua / Prima class #3

Steff79

On 12/18/2023 at 4:13 PM, lemon bar said:

Would you switch to the side with the slide or keep the side without?

What would the reason be for wanting the side with the slides? I assume most people would want to avoid the side with the slide so their balcony does have the slide going through? People lost their sh*t over those slides cutting into the balconies on the Prima/Viva lol.

Sailing in January 9n a non-Haven suite.  Called Concierge and they were extremely helpful.  Arranged all my dining reservations, Booked the production show for me, asked what three beverages I wanted in the room.  I selected orange juice, iced tea, and lemonade.  They asked about my pillow and bedding preferences.  At the end of the conversation asked if there was anything else they could assist with.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone remember with the Viva how far out the Vibe Beach Club became available for booking? Will be on the US Inaugural and want to make sure I can get it booked, but NCL says it's not even in their system to look up yet.   

12 hours ago, macewank said:

Does anyone remember with the Viva how far out the Vibe Beach Club became available for booking? Will be on the US Inaugural and want to make sure I can get it booked, but NCL says it's not even in their system to look up yet.   

I have a Nov 29 2024 booking on Viva for the TA which is now 327 days out and already have Vibe booked for the cruise, not sure when I booked it.  Per prior posts I gather the onboard bookings don't become available until the crew is actually on the ship.  So for Aqua would not expect to see any bookings available until the ship is transferred to NCL and Crew is onboard.

This cruise is scheduled for late March and early April across the North Atlantic.  Would seriously doubt that you could use the Vibe comfortably for any length of time.  Whatever the cost, it would not be worth it to me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RVACruiser43 said:

I have a Nov 29 2024 booking on Viva for the TA which is now 327 days out and already have Vibe booked for the cruise, not sure when I booked it.  Per prior posts I gather the onboard bookings don't become available until the crew is actually on the ship.  So for Aqua would not expect to see any bookings available until the ship is transferred to NCL and Crew is onboard.

Gotcha.  My PCC mentioned it was probably a good idea to check back in sometime around April, but even then sounds like it might be too early.  I found that thread on the Viva and it looks like folks were able to start booking about 2-3 months prior to the first commercial sailing. 

I missed out on VBC on the Viva (first US sailing again) because I didn't know that chat/phone reps could book it ahead of 120 days (the website just said "check back later" until then) and ended up pivoting to a different ship, but I want to make sure I'm on the Aqua.  Very excited to see the changes+improvements over the Prima.

3 hours ago, macewank said:

Gotcha.  My PCC mentioned it was probably a good idea to check back in sometime around April, but even then sounds like it might be too early.  I found that thread on the Viva and it looks like folks were able to start booking about 2-3 months prior to the first commercial sailing. 

I missed out on VBC on the Viva (first US sailing again) because I didn't know that chat/phone reps could book it ahead of 120 days (the website just said "check back later" until then) and ended up pivoting to a different ship, but I want to make sure I'm on the Aqua.  Very excited to see the changes+improvements over the Prima.

Ah that refreshed my memory.  I was able to book the Prima Thermal via the Platinum pre cruise concierge for the initial TransAtlantic.  In retrospect I shouldn't have 🙂  IMO the worst Therma, I much prefer the dawn and Jewel class thermals to the Prima.  A few smarter cruisers toured the thermal on embarkation and requested a refund.  

Tom

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone think we will hear more details about the ship (restaurants, venues, etc.)? It's just over a year away from arriving so you'd think NCL will be releasing more details sooner rather than later....

3 hours ago, kenns said:

Anyone think we will hear more details about the ship (restaurants, venues, etc.)? It's just over a year away from arriving so you'd think NCL will be releasing more details sooner rather than later....

Just off the Jade, the Cruisenext manager didn't know as much as we did here on CC 

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 7:03 PM, RVACruiser43 said:

Ah that refreshed my memory.  I was able to book the Prima Thermal via the Platinum pre cruise concierge for the initial TransAtlantic.  In retrospect I shouldn't have 🙂  IMO the worst Therma, I much prefer the dawn and Jewel class thermals to the Prima.  A few smarter cruisers toured the thermal on embarkation and requested a refund.  

Tom

Wow i thought the viva spa was the nicest i have seen at sea!! 
What makes the dawn and jewel class better?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

The latest PR clip from NCL, I read somewhere that NCL has picked out the next ship's name. 

Norwegian Bella??

Norwegian Ultima will be the last ship as it means "final" in Italian so either Bella or Luna?

On 2/8/2024 at 11:27 AM, kenns said:

I would imagine this summer there will be lots of news.  We just have to let our imaginations run wild for now.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 5:51 PM, luv2gonow said:

Wow i thought the viva spa was the nicest i have seen at sea!! 
What makes the dawn and jewel class better?

When we sailed the Prima's Sept 2022 TA the thermal did not have a hot tub.  Or a therapy pool with jets.  They later added jets to the salt water pool.  My go to is to soak in the hot tub letting the jets work on sore muscles hence my dissappointment with Prima.  Plus the locker room was poorly designed and lockers very small.  I was hoping some of this might be fixed on Viva but We cancelled our Nov 2024 Viva TA so I will not find out.

5 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Wow she's really coming along since the last photos.

It's a shame that you have to search the net for any news about the build. Just like the Prima and the Viva, it all comes down to CC members finding any glimmers of news, just doing my part in this quest. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

It's a shame that you have to search the net for any news about the build. Just like the Prima and the Viva, it all comes down to CC members finding any glimmers of news, just doing my part in this quest. 

Someone posted here awhile ago that during a Latitudes party and NCL promoting the ship, NCL staff said that Cruise Critic members knew more about the ship than they did.  If you were around for Encore, it was Cruise Critic that alerted NCL to the "wonky C."

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2024 at 10:21 AM, RMS Olympic said:

A big thank you for all the construction photos! 
counting the days to Prima in January and then the Aqua in May next year.

Thanks again!

Wow, I and my siblings are on the Prima in January, and my kids families and we are thinking of booking the Aqua in May (as soon as my 15 yo granddaughter is out of school).  We have not booked yet and I keep sending them news of the build to convince them.