Blue light card

LLOM

Just recently we booked with a TA, on an Ealrly Saver, got their discount and just prior to me saying yes to them over the phone Mrs Snibs said do they do BLC. I asked and got some more off (not a lot but still something!). Then checked and realised should have got nothing😀

11 hours ago, Snibs said:

Just recently we booked with a TA, on an Ealrly Saver, got their discount and just prior to me saying yes to them over the phone Mrs Snibs said do they do BLC. I asked and got some more off (not a lot but still something!). Then checked and realised should have got nothing😀

The P&O perk for blc is to give an extra obc, not a discount.  Like our agent, you have likely been given a discount equivalent to the obc which you would have got from P&O if you had booked direct.  Our agent does that to encourage us to use them, rather than go direct to P&O.  We may use the same agent, or perhaps both do similar.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Do Fred have the same restriction as P and O regarding BLC when you book through an agent? 

According to T&C's on BLC App you have to book direct with FO and there is a booking hotline number to telephone to book.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2023 at 6:05 PM, LLOM said:

Does anyone know if you can use your blue light card for a discount or OBC after you have booked and paid a deposit for a cruise with P&O ? , I have been retired a while now but thought I would join it and understand that p&o give OBC or discount to holders.

Many Thanks

I so glad that you asked this question. I have been retired for years and didn't realise that I would be eligible for a BLC. My friend is still working and uses hers a lot.

12 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Do Fred have the same restriction as P and O regarding BLC when you book through an agent? 

I think only if book direct.  You have to tell them when you book though, as it cannot be applied retrospectively.  I forgot to mention it for one cruise and lost out, but luckily we wanted to change the cruise and I was allowed to use it for the new cruise we were changing to.

2 minutes ago, tring said:

I think only if book direct.  You have to tell them when you book though, as it cannot be applied retrospectively.  I forgot to mention it for one cruise and lost out, but luckily we wanted to change the cruise and I was allowed to use it for the new cruise we were changing to.

Thanks for the replies , we booked last week via our usual TA so the blc would not have been valid , in all fairness my good lady has the card but often forgets to use it !!!