NC Exceptional Incentive? Anybody get what they deserved?? Or far below???

Funatabi

I booked what are considered 2 cruises using 2 of my 5 EIs. So what do I see on the invoices when they were sent

to me the other day, but a bunch of other discounts bundled with a paultry portion of the "old Crystal credit", which I assume

is the EI amounts.  Originally I was told that if any cruise is less than the EI amount,

I would not have to pay out of pocket.  

For one cruise the "old Crystal credit" is around 3/4 of what I was supposed to get. The other is 1/4th. In the end,

I was told by my TA in June to pay  $$$$ to hold the reservation as a deposit, being told that the EI credits would be deducted when final payment is due and the depost would be refunded. 

So I waited to see what the deal was. Since I heard no more,  I asked my TA to check what the ?????

So far no reply from TA. Silence. I have not received a penny from the bankruptcy settlement.

I paid my OC cruise by cash, so no credit cards involved for refunds. 

What are others finiding about the EI creidts? (Happy?) (Satisfied?) (Getting what you were told?) (Keep trying to get the amount reconciled?) (Scam???) (Switch and bait to get people to book?)

Extremely happy about the E-1 Credits.

Initially got one voucher for precisely what we expected and then over the course of time used 1/5 of each credit for five different cruises including some already booked and one where I had made the final payment so got a refund.

Then when they expanded them to river cruises, expeditions ships etc. submitted another form, got the amount I submitted in a second E1 voucher and have used all of the sub-credits.

Haven't gotten any money back yet via Moecker.  

Keith

14 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Extremely happy about the E-1 Credits.

Initially got one voucher for precisely what we expected and then over the course of time used 1/5 of each credit for five different cruises including some already booked and one where I had made the final payment so got a refund.

Then when they expanded them to river cruises, expeditions ships etc. submitted another form, got the amount I submitted in a second E1 voucher and have used all of the sub-credits.

Haven't gotten any money back yet via Moecker.  

Keith

I am glad that you are whole, Keith. It good to hear that there are cruisers here who have gotten what was "promised". Unfortunately,  I certainly don't feel the same way, as I write. I will continue to pursue why my EI credits are not near the amounts I was advised by NC.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Funatabi said:

I am glad that you are whole, Keith. It good to hear that there are cruisers here who have gotten what was "promised". Unfortunately,  I certainly don't feel the same way, as I write. I will continue to pursue why my EI credits are not near the amounts I was advised by NC.   

Well I wish I was whole but that is another story and my fault but so it goes.

Could you please explain more the disconnect with what you were told and what you got. 

This is how it should work.

You submit the EI request. Let's say it is $25,000.00. Crystal confirms this with Mocker and if they say it is $25,000 you get a voucher which allows you to use $5,000 per cruise.  

If the cruise is $15,000.00 than one of the adjustments made would be to take the total fare down by $5,000.00  This is done as soon as the 1/5 sub credit is applied and you should get an invoice showing that.  If there is more than one person on the booking then each fare in this example will be taken down by $2,500.00 per guest.

It should be this straight forward.

Now if you submitted the request for $25,000.00 and Crystal is told by Moecker that it is $20,000 than that is what it is unless you can prove that you are really owed $25,000.00.

Keith

• Like 1

Funatabi,

If your booked cruise is less than the EI , you will still have to pay the per person destination fees for that particular cruise. So there will be out of pocket expenses.

As far as the EI program,I am very pleased with. Moneys I never expected 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Could you please explain more the disconnect with what you were told and what you got. 

You submit the EI request. Let's say it is $25,000.00. Crystal confirms this with Mocker and if they say it is $25,000 you get a voucher which allows you to use $5,000 per cruise.  

If the cruise is $15,000.00 than one of the adjustments made would be to take the total fare down by $5,000.00  This is done as soon as the 1/5 sub credit is applied and you should get an invoice showing that.  If there is more than one person on the booking then each fare in this example will be taken down by $2,500.00 per guest.

Now if you submitted the request for $25,000.00 and Crystal is told by Moecker that it is $20,000 than that is what it is unless you can prove that you are really owed $25,000.00.

Keith

3 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

Funatabi,

If your booked cruise is less than the EI , you will still have to pay the per person destination fees for that particular cruise. So there will be out of pocket expenses.

As far as the EI program,I am very pleased with. Moneys I never expected 😁

Thanks for the feedback. Please bear with me, but what are "destination fees"? I assume port charges? I did pay a certain amount. I asked if my payment was for port charges, but never received a reply. However, there are no "port charges" listed as expenses on the invoice. 

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Keith

Thanks for your concern, Keith. Maybe you and other experts here can figure out my situation. 

I need to contact my TA again for sure.
Something is not jiving and maybe it's taking my TA a while to get it straightend through Crystal.
Here are the rough figures. There are 2 of us sharing one suite.
Each EI credit is worth roughly $12,000. I was told that I could use 2 credits. 
Cruise 1 full fare for 2 is $14,000. OC credit applied was $9,000 (not $12,000). Minus other discounts too. 
Cruise 2: full fare for 2 is $7,400 (OC credit applied was $3,800 (not $12,000). Minus other discounts too. 

In both cases, I was told that the $5,000 out of pocket expense that I had to pay was a "deposit" to hold the bookings. After the total fare was adjusted minus the EI, the deposit would be refunded totally or partially depending on the amount of the final  fare. 
From my perspective, the OC credits are way below what I was awarded and I don't know why. I was wondering if others here have experienced a simular situation with their EI credits and what was the result. 

11 minutes ago, Funatabi said:

Thanks for your concern, Keith. Maybe you and other experts here can figure out my situation. 

I need to contact my TA again for sure.
Something is not jiving and maybe it's taking my TA a while to get it straightend through Crystal.
Here are the rough figures. There are 2 of us sharing one suite.
Each EI credit is worth roughly $12,000. I was told that I could use 2 credits. 
Cruise 1 full fare for 2 is $14,000. OC credit applied was $9,000 (not $12,000). Minus other discounts too. 
Cruise 2: full fare for 2 is $7,400 (OC credit applied was $3,800 (not $12,000). Minus other discounts too. 

In both cases, I was told that the $5,000 out of pocket expense that I had to pay was a "deposit" to hold the bookings. After the total fare was adjusted minus the EI, the deposit would be refunded totally or partially depending on the amount of the final  fare. 
From my perspective, the OC credits are way below what I was awarded and I don't know why. I was wondering if others here have experienced a simular situation with their EI credits and what was the result. 

You are very welcome.

I am not following all of this so you are probably best to call your TA to talk all of this through.  

In terms of terminology you get a voucher wort x dollars which has five equal sub credits.  One sub credit can be applied to each cruise.

Keith

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Funatabi said:

I booked what are considered 2 cruises using 2 of my 5 EIs. So what do I see on the invoices when they were sent

to me the other day, but a bunch of other discounts bundled with a paultry portion of the "old Crystal credit", which I assume

is the EI amounts.  Originally I was told that if any cruise is less than the EI amount,

I would not have to pay out of pocket.  

For one cruise the "old Crystal credit" is around 3/4 of what I was supposed to get. The other is 1/4th. In the end,

I was told by my TA in June to pay  $$$$ to hold the reservation as a deposit, being told that the EI credits would be deducted when final payment is due and the depost would be refunded. 

So I waited to see what the deal was. Since I heard no more,  I asked my TA to check what the ?????

So far no reply from TA. Silence. I have not received a penny from the bankruptcy settlement.

I paid my OC cruise by cash, so no credit cards involved for refunds. 

What are others finiding about the EI creidts? (Happy?) (Satisfied?) (Getting what you were told?) (Keep trying to get the amount reconciled?) (Scam???) (Switch and bait to get people to book?)

45 minutes ago, Funatabi said:

Thanks for the feedback. Please bear with me, but what are "destination fees"? I assume port charges? I did pay a certain amount. I asked if my payment was for port charges, but never received a reply. However, there are no "port charges" listed as expenses on the invoice. 

Yes, I also assume port fees. And not covered by the EI

6 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

Yes, I also assume port fees. And not covered by the EI

Correct. The "destination fees" are included in the invoice total cruise fare, but are listed as a separate note at the bottom of the invoice. The specific wording says "The cruise fare is inclusive of $xxxx.xx per person destination fees. All fare savings or benefits are calculated net of destination fees."

In short, no one gets a totally "free" (i.e. really a "pre-paid") cruise by using the Initiative credits. At a minimum, one has to pay at least the "destination fees" associated with any particular sailing. Total new cost depends on the cabin category selected.

Rob

• Like 1

i received exactly one voucher that i expected.  i booked five cruises and was able to use 1 credit for each cruise and i was made whole.  i am very satisdied with their program and i think it's very generous of them to do it.  i have not received any money from moecker and i don't expect any. i just want to enjoy my first cruise but it's not until may, 2024 so i have to wait awhile.

• Like 2