Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

On 11/16/2023 at 5:38 PM, dallasdan said:

Do you prefer the card or the medallion?  Did NCL use a card?

Carnival, Royal, NCL, MSC, Celebrity all have cards.  Princess is unique with medallion.  Carnival is unique with the fact that you have to sign for your drinks with Cheers.  All others mentioned don't make you sign for drinks 

We wear the medallion as a watch and highly prefer it since it unlocks your cabin door as you approach.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

It seems that I had a perfect mail hold this time. There was no mail in my box when I got home and a stack I picked up at the post office. However, when they resumed yesterday, I got a stack of my neighbor's mail and a piece for someone not in my neighborhood. So I don't know if I legit didn't have any mail yesterday or if they screwed up and held my mail an extra day.

Or someone not in your neighborhood got your mail yesterday.

1 minute ago, depplep said:

Or someone not in your neighborhood got your mail yesterday.

Possible if the problem started further down the street. Usually this happens when she doesn't have mail for me. She puts the mail for the next box in my box.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 10:06 AM, DUCHESSRN said:

We had DRAMA in next cabin last week ......around 10pm raised voices next door .Shouting bad language threats of violence .There were 2 small children  in the Cabin so we were very concerned .Next the guy goes onto the Balcony and smashes the chairs against the rail breaking them both and threatens to jump overboard ....

I called 911 as had the people on the other side ..ding in the cabin door with blood . 

Security took a long time to come ,well it seemed long around 7 mins..The children and wife it turns out were not in the cabin , the husband was fighting with his brother in law .

We thought the man would be put off at next port . Our poor cabin steward was called back to work and had to clean cabin ,the balcony furniture was replaced and the door .

Next day same man is on the balcony with a brace on his hand trying to chat to us like nothing happened ....

We did see a Medical Bill being delivered ...I was rather shocked he was not put off the ship.

We got 2 calls telling us matter resolved but no chocolate covered strawberries .

If this same story happened to Greg on Princess, he would have been given a case of wine for his troubles 

• Haha 2

On 11/18/2023 at 1:46 PM, Saint Greg said:

Oh if I can make a comment about good spirits. I’ve seen online this extensive menu. But what they have at the bar is just the generic princess bar

menu so that was a bit of a letdown.

The expanded menu is good from 530 pm to closing only at every Good Spirits in the fleet.

On 11/18/2023 at 3:03 PM, Saint Greg said:

That’s the one I’ve seen online but they just have the generic blue menus at the bar.

That nighttime menu is what differentiates Good Spirits from the other bars.  Between two shows, a shower and dinner each evening, I will infer that SG never made it to GS between 530-1145.

On 11/18/2023 at 7:11 PM, JGmf said:

That's a bummer that: (1) the drink list is time-limited (would they really deny you at 4pm if you wanted one?); and (2) you have to ask to see the thing.  Seems rather odd and awkward.

Having 28 days of Princess experience with the special menu, it's available starting at 530 pm until last call, which is usually around 1145 pm.  They have a special group of bartenders that make them, similar to the mixologists at Alchemy.  And yes, they would deny you one at 400 pm.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:31 PM, Cruisercl said:

@Saint Greg thanks for the great review!

Lots of great pics. 

I also would not like my name on the stateroom door. Also wouldn't like having to say my cabin number out loud at a bar. IMO. 

Glad you made it home ok. 😊

After 28 days on two different Princess ships, never had to announce our cabin number, only had to put the medallion on the plate at the International Cafe for coffee and just be close enough at the bars for the system to pick up our medallion.  When this happened, our picture and cabin # would pop up on the bartenders tablet.

On 11/19/2023 at 4:25 PM, LatinaInTexas said:

Great review as always, glad that  trying new lines seems to have  been successful. I considered Princess for Alaska previously but ended up changing my mind. Glad to see this review because while it was a beautiful ship with lots to do and that comfy bed it gave me a Royal Caribbean vibe, seemed like an older crowd and the food pics didn't really appeal to me. I know not much to judge a cruise line for but RC is my least favorite of the lines I have cruised.

Guess I will just focus on Carnival and NCL until MSC makes it's way to Galveston😁 Can't wait for the Jubilee review since Celebration was my favorite ship/cruise so far.

Have cruised on Carnival, NCL, MSC, RCI, Celebrity and Princess.  There is no comparison whatsoever between RCI and Princess.  Two different animals.  I will infer you prefer a younger crowd and the four entry level lines are all skewed younger than Princess and Celebrity.  But MSC is European skewed, even with their ships based in the US.  Happy cruising.

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:11 AM, Saint Greg said:

I got my final bill today and it wasn’t what I expected. Follow me here. I’m going to have to show you two screen shots to see the full picture.

This was early in the cruise. Important part here is the amount of the credits because I cut that off on my last night screenshot.

IMG_8088.thumb.jpeg.d829eb5cbd77bae6c3f0d206b3e045e3.jpeg

Here is the one I took on the last night of the cruise. I left $155 OBC on the table. And since GS told me they would use non- refundable first and the refundable adds up to about $150, I left that money on the table expecting to get $150 in a check. Otherwise I would’ve just bought some junk.

IMG_8087.thumb.jpeg.374b0a84753fa2a91ada54b77504b85e.jpeg

Here is what they sent me this morning. It looks like they’re saying I’m forfeiting $25 in non-refundable OBC and 104 is being submitted to finance..I assume my refund. And I guess another $25 came out somewhere. 

IMG_8086.thumb.jpeg.995403ed180f0e8c0d6035e74ddab9ec.jpeg

Their financial department is real creative when it comes to mysterious charges out of left field.  It took 4 months for us to get our refundable OBC back and we still got screwed out of some of it.

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:
On 11/18/2023 at 7:11 PM, JGmf said:

That's a bummer that: (1) the drink list is time-limited (would they really deny you at 4pm if you wanted one?); and (2) you have to ask to see the thing.  Seems rather odd and awkward.

Having 28 days of Princess experience with the special menu, it's available starting at 530 pm until last call, which is usually around 1145 pm.  They have a special group of bartenders that make them, similar to the mixologists at Alchemy.  And yes, they would deny you one at 400 pm.

Stand by my feeling that it's odd and awkward you can't get a specific drink at a bar unless you show up at a certain time.  All the ingredients are there.  Look it up if you're not part of the select, elite 'mixologists' squad.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

If this same story happened to Greg on Princess, he would have been given a case of wine for his troubles 

That's because Saint Greg is NFL and

Tex Teach is a mere Gang of Five (G5)

'

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

There is a service fee that was waived since you purchased the Plus package.  For those with no package, room service has I believe a one time set up fee of 15.00 that covers the duration of your cruise.

It is easy to confuse Ocean Now with Room Service since Princess allows Ocean Now orders to be delivered to your cabin so it is a kind of  ‘room service’ .

If you do not have a package and want to take advantage of Ocean Now ordering, there is a one time $14.99 activation fee. If you use your stateroom Phone to call room service to order food or other items and do not have a package, there will be a $5 service fee for EVERY call.