Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

If they actually used the non-refundable first like they said, that $25 was spent. $150 was refundable according to guest services and my statements. 

At least you should be getting back $124.84.  The math doesn't add up.

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Exactly. Carnival and RCL do. Princess and NCL do not.

Celebrity does as well so make sense RCCL does.

Weird tho that Carnival & Princess are same company but do not.

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I got my final bill today and it wasn’t what I expected. Follow me here. I’m going to have to show you two screen shots to see the full picture.

This was early in the cruise. Important part here is the amount of the credits because I cut that off on my last night screenshot.

IMG_8088.thumb.jpeg.d829eb5cbd77bae6c3f0d206b3e045e3.jpeg

Here is the one I took on the last night of the cruise. I left $155 OBC on the table. And since GS told me they would use non- refundable first and the refundable adds up to about $150, I left that money on the table expecting to get $150 in a check. Otherwise I would’ve just bought some junk.

IMG_8087.thumb.jpeg.374b0a84753fa2a91ada54b77504b85e.jpeg

Here is what they sent me this morning. It looks like they’re saying I’m forfeiting $25 in non-refundable OBC and 104 is being submitted to finance..I assume my refund. And I guess another $25 came out somewhere. 

IMG_8086.thumb.jpeg.995403ed180f0e8c0d6035e74ddab9ec.jpeg

HOW did you get $200 shareholder credit??!!

It is $100 for a 7 day cruise!

On 11/16/2023 at 10:01 PM, Saint Greg said:

I’m definitely the only person under 60 at chefs table. Maybe very close to the only person under 70. 

It may be the last meal for some of them.  You better be extra nice.  You are young enough to be their child.

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I got my final bill today and it wasn’t what I expected. Follow me here. I’m going to have to show you two screen shots to see the full picture.

This was early in the cruise. Important part here is the amount of the credits because I cut that off on my last night screenshot.

IMG_8088.thumb.jpeg.d829eb5cbd77bae6c3f0d206b3e045e3.jpeg

Here is the one I took on the last night of the cruise. I left $155 OBC on the table. And since GS told me they would use non- refundable first and the refundable adds up to about $150, I left that money on the table expecting to get $150 in a check. Otherwise I would’ve just bought some junk.

IMG_8087.thumb.jpeg.374b0a84753fa2a91ada54b77504b85e.jpeg

Here is what they sent me this morning. It looks like they’re saying I’m forfeiting $25 in non-refundable OBC and 104 is being submitted to finance..I assume my refund. And I guess another $25 came out somewhere. 

IMG_8086.thumb.jpeg.995403ed180f0e8c0d6035e74ddab9ec.jpeg

It shows you got 200 Shareholder benefit when it should have only been 100 plus your Military credit. Shareholder is 100 for a 7 day cruise.........the mislabeling of your credits is troubling at best...............

Edited by iramack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

@Saint Greg overall did you like the medallion better than a card?  

The only positive for me was the door opening when I got to the room. I don’t think that outweighs having to shout out my room number all day. They could make it better by installing the things you touch your medallion on in the bars. But for right now I’m a no.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iramack said:

It shows you got 200 Shareholder benefit when it should have only been 100 plus your Military credit. Shareholder is 100 for a 7 day cruise.........the mislabeling of your credits is troubling at best...............

Yeah it all came out to the right number so it didn’t seem like anything worth complaining about on the ship. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, depplep said:

Just out of curiosity, how would anyone know beforehand that there would be a Gold and White night to pack accordingly?

We didn’t have anything like that. But you can start seeing events in the app a week out. They do add more during the cruise.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, atakkat said:

Yes they do. Limited to certain brands until international waters until full bar comes out.

That’s what I thought. I’ve read the thing about packages being illegal in Texas which obviously is not true. It’s just something some cruise lines say to cover up the fact that they don’t want you drinking the alcohol paid for a a higher price in Texas on your drink package.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KKB said:

Celebrity does as well so make sense RCCL does.

Weird tho that Carnival & Princess are same company but do not.

Royal/Celebrity pay something to Texas to allow them to start serving right away.  Carnival refuses to pay, so Carnival/Princess has to wait until international waters to drink.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

Royal/Celebrity pay something to Texas to allow them to start serving right away.  Carnival refuses to pay, so Carnival/Princess has to wait until international waters to drink.

No that was in reference to football games they show.

On 11/19/2023 at 7:08 AM, Saint Greg said:

IMG_8032.thumb.jpeg.6afdd42ea15850aca45071c004a41f2e.jpeg

Wow - You were like the Lone Ranger here or the Last One Still "Standing"...
Thanks for an awsome/entertaining review - as always...only 4 pages left to finish.

Cheers  --  Von

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 2