Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

On 11/19/2023 at 9:24 AM, Saint Greg said:

Now that I’m out of the room I can tell you my least favorite thing about this ship

Your name is on the door. Full name. Entire cruise. I can walk down the hallway and read all the names. In fact there’s a chance one of our marketing people is on the ship.

IMG_7980.thumb.jpeg.adbacf8a92b882f8f797f3de1bb541c1.jpeg

😡 I would not like that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

😡 I would not like that!

Yeah they say you can have guest services remove it. That’ll be a must next time. But on my debarkation day the name changed to first name, first initial of last name. Apparently that’s the new thing. I still don’t like it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CC Rider 69 said:

I'm always in awe.

I think what happens there is the bottom of that box lowers allowing people to get in and out while the curtains are closed and he’s making the weird gestures to give them time.

Then from my stage tour we know there are trap doors on the stage that go down to lower decks. He goes down one of those and then runs upstairs for his reappearance.

Edited by Saint Greg

36 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think what happens there is the bottom of that box lowers allowing people to get in and out while the curtains are closed and he’s making the weird gestures to give them time.

Then from my stage tour we know there are trap doors on the stage that go down to lower decks. He goes down one of those and then runs upstairs for his reappearance.

Totally understand, saw Seifried and Roy in LV back in the 80"s. Still don't know how they got those doors tigers to disappear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

IMG_8147.thumb.jpeg.97efcc766c33b45a06cc6e59cd051474.jpeg

Looks like they are essentially extending the ability to make a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) while on board to buying one for a couple of months after the cruise.

They have done this in the past, but with lower OBC amounts than if purchased on board.

Since the current top OBC if purchased onboard is $150 (17+ days in a full suite), with this offer having a maximum of $125 OBC indicates again the OBC is less than if the FCD was made onboard.

(Note that while the maximum OBC if booked on board is, as shown above, $150, more typical is 7 days in a balcony cabin for which the OBC amount is $50.)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, caribill said:

Looks like they are essentially extending the ability to make a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) while on board to buying one for a couple of months after the cruise.

They have done this in the past, but with lower OBC amounts than if purchased on board.

Since the current top OBC if purchased onboard is $150 (17+ days in a full suite), with this offer having a maximum of $125 OBC indicates again the OBC is less than if the FCD was made onboard.

(Note that while the maximum OBC if booked on board is, as shown above, $150, more typical is 7 days in a balcony cabin for which the OBC amount is $50.)

Thanks. If it’s going to be $50 or less it’s almost not even worth it unless you just happen to be booking anyway.

It was funny this came in right after I decided on a NCL cruise as my first for 2025. Maybe I’ll look at the Alaska cruises again before this deal expires. I looked when I first came back and they were a bit higher than I’d like.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

I know you have a lot more cruises on Carnival but how would you rate Carnival, Princess, NCL (as your favorite)?

I can't say that one is a favorite. They all have their positives and negatives. I am working on a blog on that subject. I will post it here when it's done. I don't know if NCL gets a fair shake since I only did Alaska with them on a 20-year-old ship.

I did just book NCL again for feb 2025. Actually, princess was close on that. It was really maybe just a $100 or so difference between sky princess and Norwegian encore. But the deciding factor was Encore goes to three ports I haven't been to and sky only goes to one of them. Itinerary is big for me at this point. 

I'll also be posting a link to my Jubilee thread here in February if any of you are interested in checking the new Carnival ship out. 

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I can't say that one is a favorite. They all have their positives and negatives. I am working on a blog on that subject. I will post it here when it's done. I don't know if NCL gets a fair shake since I only did Alaska with them on a 20-year-old ship.

I did just book NCL again for feb 2025. Actually, princess was close on that. It was really maybe just a $100 or so difference between sky princess and Norwegian encore. But the deciding factor was Encore goes to three ports I haven't been to and sky only goes to one of them. Itinerary is big for me at this point. 

I'll also be posting a link to my Jubilee thread here in February if any of you are interested in checking the new Carnival ship out. 

Thanks. We haven't cruised either Princess or NCL. Just wondered if you liked either more than Carnival. We are interested in trying a new line.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Thanks. We haven't cruised either Princess or NCL. Just wondered if you liked either more than Carnival. We are interested in trying a new line.

For Princess Carnival does Alchemy, comedy, included fast casual lunch options, towel animals and kids areas better. Everything else I would give to Princess.

NCL I don’t think got a fair shake with 20 year old ship in Alaska. I felt like they had a lack of entertainment options. But I liked their breakfast the best. Their MDR seating the best. I thought their MDR lunch options were better than Princess. I was surprised by the number of USB ports in the room (Princess had none). I was surprised by the number of specialty restaurants in a small old ship. Maybe comparable to sunshine. 

I’ll probably have a better idea with NCL after encore. But I like their free at sea and free at sea plus. I like their 10% vets discount. I like their cruise first/cruise next certificates.

Oh the deal with people camping out in front of the MDR…doesn’t happen on NCL or Princess. I haven’t really seen any long food lines anywhere the last two cruises. Maybe like a 7 man pizza line once.

Never had more than one person in line for coffee on NCL.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1