Meraviglia 11/13-11/19 Bermuda YC Review Live

burdcats

1 hour ago, tomthefool said:

Had an amazing lunch and dinner so far. The attentiveness of the staff is so far above anything we’ve ever experienced, even better than pre-Covid Disney.

Important note for US cruisers. There’s been a ton of negative posts about the food being bland. It has very subtle flavoring.I found that he flavors to be great. I had a portion of steak for lunch with some carrots and potatoes and it was great. I could taste the carrots and the sight hint of truffle oil on the potatoes. 

If you’re the typical American that needs a ton of MSG in your food, just bring a family size bag of Doritos in your luggage and crush a handful of them on every meal. Or just go on carnival and get Mac and cheese for every meal. This is an Italian line and they don’t bend over backwards for American tastes. It’s not better or worse, it may just not be your cruise line. 

IMG_0265.jpeg

IMG_0264.jpeg

IMG_0263.jpeg

IMG_0261.thumb.jpeg.2b93a584fdab959d9c1b55c094772adf.jpegdinner menu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched one of the paid shows, Rock Circus, and it was very fun. It was Cirque lite meets karaoke in the most fun ways. Was it broadway? No, but broadway is 10x more expensive per seat than the $18 ticket (if you don’t book in advance) and this one comes with an $8 mixed drink. Loads of fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, tomthefool said:

Just watched one of the paid shows, Rock Circus, and it was very fun. It was Cirque lite meets karaoke in the most fun ways. Was it broadway? No, but broadway is 10x more expensive per seat than the $18 ticket (if you don’t book in advance) and this one comes with an $8 mixed drink. Loads of fun. 

I agree. It was a lot of fun. Very much like a show I would watch in town. Not super broadway, but also very entertaining. The performers did very well. Love the acrobatics and the music. Metallica is pretty amazing though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomthefool said:

It’s an Indian dish my SO ate at a starter portion. Punjabi Tadka. Great spicing on it. Not bland at all!

Thanks. I will have to try and remembeer it.  My favorite indian disk is lamb vindaloo, i like a little spice in my food. 

• Like 1

So the smoke alarm went off in our room this morning. Apparently steam sets it off and the shower is right next to the alarm. They were nice about it. 

our butler is Shane and he is already amazing. He has been so kind and attentive already. Our room was very clean and he got us the pillows we like as well. This morning coffee was okay. It was not hot. I think because all they have is the metal server carafes like for water. Most cruises serve them in the insulated carafes. Regardless, it tasted good and wasn’t cold. And they gave us an amazing amount of cream. (Real cream, not milk)

21 hours ago, tomthefool said:

If you’re the typical American that needs a ton of MSG in your food, just bring a family size bag of Doritos in your luggage and crush a handful of them on every meal. Or just go on carnival and get Mac and cheese for every meal. This is an Italian line and they don’t bend over backwards for American tastes. It’s not better or worse, it may just not be your cruise line. 

I couldn't agree more. Very well-said.

21 hours ago, tomthefool said:

This is an Italian line and they don’t bend over backwards for American tastes.

I'm not quite sure how a new comer to an established market place, can have that attitude and expect to succeed... (unless they come in very cheap and try to undercut the competitors...) 🤷‍♂️

On 11/13/2023 at 7:01 PM, tomthefool said:

Had an amazing lunch and dinner so far. The attentiveness of the staff is so far above anything we’ve ever experienced, even better than pre-Covid Disney.

Important note for US cruisers. There’s been a ton of negative posts about the food being bland. It has very subtle flavoring.I found that he flavors to be great. I had a portion of steak for lunch with some carrots and potatoes and it was great. I could taste the carrots and the sight hint of truffle oil on the potatoes. 

IMG_0265.jpeg

IMG_0264.jpeg

IMG_0263.jpeg

Welcome to CC and insights after one week.

On 11/13/2023 at 10:00 PM, burdcats said:

The weather was poor. Bermuda had a very narrow channel. It requires precision, and wind interrupts that. So now we go to Florida and Nassau.

There are currently two ships (Celebrity Apex and Oceania) docked in Bermuda... but it looks like you guys are beelining towards Cape Canaveral...  Are you guys going to Nassau tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, buffet24 said:

There are currently two ships (Celebrity Apex and Oceania) docked in Bermuda... but it looks like you guys are beelining towards Cape Canaveral...  Are you guys going to Nassau tomorrow?

Yes unfortunately. I’ve been so many times. I never get off the ship…. Not my favorite stop.

3 minutes ago, burdcats said:

Yes unfortunately. I’ve been so many times. I never get off the ship…. Not my favorite stop.

Then here's hoping everyone else gets off so that you can have a relaxing day at the Bamboo pool all to yourself... 😉

• Like 1

Yesterday’s lunch was great again. I had the cuttlefish salad with lime sauce. The cuttlefish was not chewy but more had the consistency of an al dente pasta. The grilled sea bass was tender and delicious as well. As with every meal so far, the spices were on the subtle side, but it lets the dish speak for itself. I prefer things this way, but totally understand that some people need more salt, pepper etc.  

We’re enjoying our trip so much, we’ve fallen a little behind on updates. Amazing time.

IMG_0270.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

• Like 1

Forgot to post yesterday. Had a negative experience with a head staff member in the Yacht club, but he fixed it rather quickly and was very professional. He did however make me cry, but I think that was due to the Gala night stress and a misunderstanding on his part. I meant to let him know of an issue and he thought I was angry so was overly defensive. He made up for it this morning being super accommodating and kind. He also apologized. Humanity has emotions, and he seems to be on the better side of humanity. 

Dinner was lovely. I had a filet mignon. Not my favorite cut to be honest which is probably weird since everyone seems to love it. This one was well seasoned but still just a tad chewy. I loved my risotto. So well cooked. A lot of cruise lines overcook risotto until it becomes like a pooridge. But this was perfectly Al dente. 

the staff are so kind and welcoming. We have not needed the snacks we brought with us for the Celiac people in our group. They have been lavishing us with muffins, cookies and treats. Yummy. Love this trip. 100% better than Disney

IMG_3055.jpeg

IMG_3054.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_3052.jpeg

IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

• Like 1

Out of all the lines we’ve cruised (RC, CCL, Disney, MSC) this has been the most accommodating for Celiac. 3/7 of us have Celiac and this is what they keep showering us with each morning at breakfast. Normally we bring safe snacks just in case but at this point, we’ll need an additional suitcase to get home.

The meals are safe and we’ve never been told NO at a meal. There have been one or two menu items they couldn’t make GF, but no meal where my SO went to bed crying and having to eat GF cookies we brought as their dinner. 

IMG_0277.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 10:00 PM, burdcats said:

The weather was poor. Bermuda had a very narrow channel. It requires precision, and wind interrupts that. So now we go to Florida and Nassau.

Then explain why Apex which is a larger ship is there in the sun today Wednesday and I'm in Florida in the rain with canceled shore-x for today and tomorrow.

We could have gone to Bermuda and left a day early with another sea day instead of visiting the two worse ports MSC calls at.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, burdcats said:

We have not needed the snacks we brought with us for the Celiac people in our group. They have been lavishing us with muffins, cookies and treats.

I am so glad that you're having a similar experience to me. 🙂

We are big fans of their risotto - gluten free and yummy. Did you try the Steamed Octopus Carpaccio? Another winner -- and gluten free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brighton Line said:

Then explain why Apex which is a larger ship is there in the sun today Wednesday and I'm in Florida in the rain with canceled shore-x for today and tomorrow.

We could have gone to Bermuda and left a day early with another sea day instead of visiting the two worse ports MSC calls at.

I posted that before I knew the weather was good there and terrible here. This sucks. I have no idea what they were thinking. 

35 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

I am so glad that you're having a similar experience to me. 🙂

We are big fans of their risotto - gluten free and yummy. Did you try the Steamed Octopus Carpaccio? Another winner -- and gluten free.

I loooooove the risotto!! So yummy. I’m not a huge octopus fan, but @tomthefool is!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, burdcats said:

I loooooove the risotto!! So yummy. I’m not a huge octopus fan, but @tomthefool is!

This was our poor people's risotto (non-YC) from last week.  It was absolutely delicious... no crushed doritos were necessary... 😂😂😂

image.png.c8bdd374515b89b69d812d15a9f1aea0.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, burdcats said:

This is awful. The ship is moving so much. I don’t think I will ever cruise again. The movement is so bad I’m rolling on the bed. Trying not to panic. This sucks 

This is not heavy movement at all. They haven't even put out the sick bags or closed the outside decks.