On Board booking for someone else - is it possible when I’m not booking a cabin for myself?

thebutlerdidit

My sister sailed on the Equinox with me last month and would like to book next year for her and her husband. Now, I’ve booked for others before, but we were booking a cabin for ourselves, too. So question one is: can this still be done if I come prepared with all of their information as far as deposit payment?

I won’t board the Reflection until the 25th, the day after the Black Friday promotion ends. As far as I’m concerned, it’s still Black Friday weekend, followed by Cyber Monday. Do you think there might be similar pricing or any added benefit at that time? She is itching to book, so I’m not even sure if I can talk her into waiting a few more weeks, but OBC might get her to hold off.

Thanks for any insight you may have. I know some on CC are travel agent professionals and may know more. 

10 minutes ago, Spudd said:

Forgot to mention, you can't book directly for other people on board. I tried this and was told I had to do the "book later" thing.

I was able to do this on board in April. We booked for us and friends without any issue. 

9 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I would hesitate to purchase this in my name and transfer it to someone else and get a new booking number. I would expect the OBC to disappear at that point. 

I was specifically told on board that it does transfer.

7 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

The way I read it, they aren’t booking one for themselves.

That’s correct. 
A possible workaround - put my sister and I on the booking and then later remove my name and add her husband? That way maybe I could book the sailing and suite that she’s after. 

We had friends book for us while they were aboard a Celebrity cruise who did not book that cruise for themselves. The only advantage was the $200 NRD, no onboard booking perks were given since those friends weren't sailing with us.

Conversely, I booked for friends while aboard the Silhouette in February and they received all the perks offered at the time in addition to the onboard booking bonus, which totaled $575, because we were booked on that future cruise. I was reimbursed by them for the $200 NRD.

When we booked on board we were able to book a cabin for our daughter and SIL,  but only because we were also booking a cabin for ourselves. They said that if we cancelled ours, theirs would be cancelled as well. Also, if we wanted to do a name change, at least one of ours still had to be on the reservation 

12 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

When we booked on board we were able to book a cabin for our daughter and SIL,  but only because we were also booking a cabin for ourselves. They said that if we cancelled ours, theirs would be cancelled as well. Also, if we wanted to do a name change, at least one of ours still had to be on the reservation 

One of your names as in you or your spouse? 

It’s sounding like I don’t want to get involved in helping my sister with her booking. She can shop for a TA that will offer her OBC. 

1 minute ago, thebutlerdidit said:

One of your names as in you or your spouse? 

It’s sounding like I don’t want to get involved in helping my sister with her booking. She can shop for a TA that will offer her OBC. 

Yes. I couldn’t change it to two other people’s names. If they are still doing the same thing, you won’t even be able to book for her unless you are booking for yourself as well, but if I understand correctly, you aren’t.

Ok. We are already booked on a Beyond 2025 cruise. Since we are cruising later this month we were hoping to do an onboard booking for our son and daughter to join us. Would  we be able to do a booking for them since we are already booked. 
We’re also planning to book yet another cruise for ourselves.