Orange Class Dinning

a.madruga

We opted for Orange Club on the Koningsdam & Westerdam, quite a different experience. On KD there was a separate OC dining room (it reminded me of a fish aquarium thing glass enclosure). On WD the OC was a table by the window in the MDR. Worth it on the KD and a headache on WD. I will explain. 
The KD cruise was a 17 day Hawaii RT, so a lot of sea-days, and dining at your own table that was ready for us @5 was a time saver because the MDR line was awfully long. The menu was a step up, changed daily, with entrees like lasagna  better than Caneletto. In OC breakfast included Bloody Mary and much quicker service than MDR. There was a dedicated line at the service desk with no wait, and a direct phone number to Room Service. Living the DolceVita. 
The WD was a 7 night Alaska trip and there was no separate OC dining room or menu and even coffee was charged to our onboard account. We brought this to the attention of Guest Services who defended the extra charges requiring us to go to the Manager who promised to reverse $$. But next day it was a repeat. Not relaxing if you must be hyper vigilant for extra repeating charges. The OC also allowed an expedited boarding but not disembarkation. 

10 hours ago, SanDiegian said:

The menu was a step up, changed daily, with entrees like lasagna  better than Caneletto

The Club Orange dinner menu is the same as the MDR menu plus one more entree choice.  

~Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

All offer the package. Only the Pinnacle class (Rotterdam, Konningsdam, N. Statendam) offer the separate dining room.

CB.  Does any cabin category can add club orange?  Thanks sorry new to this

5 minutes ago, a.madruga said:

CB.  Does any cabin category can add club orange?  Thanks sorry new to this

Yes. Any category can add it. It's capacity controlled though. Only X passengers per sailing can add it. (I don't know what number X is though. Rumor has it that it's ten, but only in Rome. 😉 )

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

I just linked several threads for the OP to look over in their other posting.  Trying to keep their info in one thread, if possible, to simplify things.  🤷‍♀️

There is nothing simple about dinning. It's either dining to the nth degree or the extra n is for nice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Although it is widely advertised as one extra entree choice, on the Rotterdam last month there were three extra every day choices available in addition to the CO special. See below for same day comparison of MDR menu and CO menu. 

IMG_1714.jpeg

IMG_1715.jpeg

Edited by Ready2go11
  • Thanks 2

On 11/7/2023 at 1:30 PM, YourWorldWithBill said:

Nobody has mentioned how important the tote bag is.🙂

I got one of those and have never been CO. Perhaps someone, besides me, thinks I too am special.😉

• Haha 1

I am already in VA so no benefit from the upgrade for club Orange, I checked and they would offer me a $100 OBC instead. still on the fence for getting it on the Noordam, I guess priority embarkation is useful, but does this include priority line in the ports of call? For the early dinner seating will it make a difference when going to the dining room for Dinner?

2 hours ago, cruiser999 said:

I am already in VA so no benefit from the upgrade for club Orange, I checked and they would offer me a $100 OBC instead. still on the fence for getting it on the Noordam, I guess priority embarkation is useful, but does this include priority line in the ports of call? For the early dinner seating will it make a difference when going to the dining room for Dinner?

There is no priority embarkation at the ports of call for anyone. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruiser999 said:

If you have fixed seating, no.