HIA increasing November 10

canadarocks

We got that email earlier today and I thought, "Gee, that makes no sense. We already added HIA to that cruise.". A few hours later, we received it for another cruise where we already paid for the Elite Beverage Package.

Were they trying to talk us into spending less?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

We got that email earlier today and I thought, "Gee, that makes no sense. We already added HIA to that cruise.". A few hours later, we received it for another cruise where we already paid for the Elite Beverage Package.

Just a shot-gun mailing I think. Of my six bookings, only one doesn't already have HIA. But it's a 35-day cruise (Voyage of Vikings), so $5pppd is $350 that I'd rather spend somewhere else on board! So I will be meeting this deadline and not waiting to see what Black Friday holds. 

Clever idea at HQ!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, canadarocks said:

And for you fellow Canadians..... that's about $75 for us. 

That's starting to get pretty pricey. I have it for my next cruise but might stick to the wine package after that. I'll be 3 star after the next cruise so I will get  discount on the wine package.

• Like 1

At some point the value proposition of these packages starts getting really lean - you have to drink a lot to make it worth it, more than most people's liver can or should handle over 7-14 days for most (for alcohol drinkers).  For coffee and or soda drinkers, you have to drink even more, probably also not healthy, unless its tea or carbonated water.

Edited by cruisingrob21
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Agree about the gratuities. I much prefer the Princess Plus program that includes drinks, wifi & gratuities (and now a bunch of other stuff). 

Yeah but the price is higher for sure, and their latest "upgrade" to Princess Plus was effectively making previously gratis items extra for folks who didn't pay for the promotion - mainly making Alfredos sit-down pizzeria an extra charge, eliminating the ability to get the medallion sent before the voyage to board quicker, and making the medallion "order now" feature an extra cost along with most room service.  This would be akin to if HAL made NY Pizza and Dive-In an extra cost to those without the Have it all promo (among other potential examples).

But I agree, getting the gratuities included is a nice touch.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, POA1 said:

We got the email for our Volendam Cruise next August, we have the premium HIA already with the early booking promo.