Is The Executive Office Listining ?

CulverCityCruisers

Off the Eclipse and had numerous issues of concern and emailed the Executive Office with details of our experience and issues we experienced on the ship.  Send an email directly to the Executive Office and the New President.  Well the results after over a week is deafening silence.  Not even an acknowledgement that my email has been received!  In the past, responses have alwasy been within days of communication with them.  Guess Laura's new command is a lot different than Lisa's

Either they are overwhelmed with calls and letters, or just are not concerned about past guests issues and concerns.  Anyone else experience this type of lack of communication?

This week is probably one of the busiest weeks of the year for them. New ship handover, new ship announcement and right in the middle of a new deployment. If your comments were actually actionable items or something that needs immediate attention you may have a different response than just sending a laundry list of your thoughts and complaints. 

• Like 5

From what I have experienced and read they are listening and making some changes.  Recently there was a webinar where they said that they would be making changes to the menus and bring back the Classic items. The changes old be in place at the end of November. 

52 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Off the Eclipse and had numerous issues of concern and emailed the Executive Office with details of our experience and issues we experienced on the ship.  Send an email directly to the Executive Office and the New President.  Well the results after over a week is deafening silence.  Not even an acknowledgement that my email has been received!  In the past, responses have alwasy been within days of communication with them.  Guess Laura's new command is a lot different than Lisa's

Either they are overwhelmed with calls and letters, or just are not concerned about past guests issues and concerns.  Anyone else experience this type of lack of communication?

I used to work for a large consumer company and was one of those people in the executive office who answered emails like yours. We normally tried to respond within a week but it depended on what else was going on. 

Since you haven't received ANY response - not even a "thank you for your email", I would re-send it with a note that the email didn't seem to have gone through. It could have been caught up in a spam filter. I wouldn't immediately assume that they're ignoring the message. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Off the Eclipse and had numerous issues of concern and emailed the Executive Office with details of our experience and issues we experienced on the ship.

" numerous issues and concerns "

"details of our experience and issues we experienced"

( I see you didn't post what they were---- no problem ).

My guess---- Because there were " numerous issues " for them to look into , it might take a little more time to contact the various departments for explanations.

Can I assume you took them up with the Hotel Manager ?

Otherwise, bringing a complaint to the Guest Relations Manager or the Front Desk staff is a total waste of time--- They take notes and tell you they will pass it on to HO.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pinboy said:

" numerous issues and concerns "

"details of our experience and issues we experienced"

( I see you didn't post what they were---- no problem ).

My guess---- Because there were " numerous issues " for them to look into , it might take a little more time to contact the various departments for explanations.

Can I assume you took them up with the Hotel Manager ?

Otherwise, bringing a complaint to the Guest Relations Manager or the Front Desk staff is a total waste of time--- They take notes and tell you they will pass it on to HO.

Clearly you have never cruised with Julie Sherrington as the Director of Guest Relations - she lives by the motto " if I can't fix it , it ain't broke."

Put your complaint in writing, ask for a copy, add the person you spoke to's name and date to the copy and say you would like a response within 24 hours or you will refer the matter up. Be polite  ( you get more with honey than with salt) but firm and thank them for their help.

Does it always work?

Of course not but it does most of the time.

If you have to refer up ask for a "face to face" meeting and again ask for a copy of your complaint and add the  new person's name and date to it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, the penguins said:

Clearly you have never cruised with Julie Sherrington as the Director of Guest Relations - she lives by the motto " if I can't fix it , it ain't broke."

Put your complaint in writing, ask for a copy, add the person you spoke to's name and date to the copy and say you would like a response within 24 hours or you will refer the matter up. Be polite  ( you get more with honey than with salt) but firm and thank them for their help.

Does it always work?

Of course not but it does most of the time.

If you have to refer up ask for a "face to face" meeting and again ask for a copy of your complaint and add the  new person's name and date to it. 

Absolutely perfect.

She sounds great.

Would be nice to meet her some day.

After being in the Customer Service Industry for many years, I can say that most people don’t know how to complain , complain to the wrong person, or complain about total nonsense —as seen on CC many times.

( please no “ Who are you to decide what’s etc, etc “).

2 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Absolutely perfect.

She sounds great.

Would be nice to meet her some day.

After being in the Customer Service Industry for many years, I can say that most people don’t know how to complain , complain to the wrong person, or complain about total nonsense —as seen on CC many times.

( please no “ Who are you to decide what’s etc, etc “).

She is currently on the Edge.

Her mass of red hair makes her easily recognisable.

She is almost always a panelist on Liars Club.

Until you meet her you can at least listen to her as she is the " voice" in the lifts /elevators on every Celebrity ship.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Until you meet her you can at least listen to her as she is the " voice" in the lifts /elevators on every Celebrity ship.

She is very special!

I sent a note to the president 4 days ago. I sent it very late in the afternoon. In that note I had attached a letter of commendation for a group of associates that were providing service above and beyond. In the same email I provided my observations on 2 issues related to the recent changes.

I did not copy the executive office as I thought that might lead to confusion on who should answer my note.

I received a reply from Laura 10 minutes later. The note from her thanked us for the compliments and provided answers for our observations.

In all things in life timing is everything, it is possible that she was in email at the time mine arrived (or whomever reads emails addressed to her) and had a moment to reply right away.

Cheers

58 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I think that they may be since the Ascent pricing is rather soft for the newest ship.

I looked and the pricing for a 7 night Carribbean is just about the same on both ships fro a veranda AI.  

There is no "new ship" uncharge but X has a lot of cabins to fill 

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

We just love Julie. 

2 hours ago, Joker54 said:

I sent a note to the president 4 days ago. I sent it very late in the afternoon. In that note I had attached a letter of commendation for a group of associates that were providing service above and beyond. In the same email I provided my observations on 2 issues related to the recent changes.

I did not copy the executive office as I thought that might lead to confusion on who should answer my note.

I received a reply from Laura 10 minutes later. The note from her thanked us for the compliments and provided answers for our observations.

In all things in life timing is everything, it is possible that she was in email at the time mine arrived (or whomever reads emails addressed to her) and had a moment to reply right away.

Cheers

Good to know. Mind sharing your observations on 2 issues related to the recent changes and her response?

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

She is a sweetheart. She used to be on RCI. Met her on the Allure when it was a brand new ship. She was over the GR desk. 

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

She is a sweetheart. She used to be on RCI. Met her on the Allure when it was a brand new ship. She was over the GR desk. 

We spoke to her about swapping between cruise lines and she said it used to easy but now it's almost impossible -  she is sticking to Celebrity.

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

We are on the Edge now and haven’t seen any sign that Julie is on board.  DH is at Liars Club right now and if Julie is on the ship she rocks Liars Club.  BTW she is not the elevator voice on the Edge.  Just yesterday DH commented that’s not Julie on the elevator

Just checked and Julie is not currently on the Edge.  The GR Director is Alana Abrams.

Edited by jelayne
Added

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We are on the Edge now and haven’t seen any sign that Julie is on board.  DH is at Liars Club right now and if Julie is on the ship she rocks Liars Club.  BTW she is not the elevator voice on the Edge.  Just yesterday DH commented that’s not Julie on the elevator

Just checked and Julie is not currently on the Edge.  The GR Director is Alana Abrams.

Thanks always good to get current info.

No Julie in the lifts is yet another reason not to cruise on the Edge.😢

6 hours ago, tfred said:

I looked and the pricing for a 7 night Carribbean is just about the same on both ships fro a veranda AI.  

There is no "new ship" uncharge but X has a lot of cabins to fill 

A week or two back I compared the Apex Christmas cruise to the Ascent Christmas cruise.  The price of the Ascent was less than half that of the Apex for a similar itinerary...

On 11/7/2023 at 3:34 PM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Do you want to give us some insights on the negative experience you had on Eclipse?

On 11/8/2023 at 11:45 AM, JDPCruisers said:

Good to know. Mind sharing your observations on 2 issues related to the recent changes and her response?

Sure

1st was that allowing Zeniths back into the retreat was an excellent move and that should be good for the cruise line.

2nd I mentioned that there only 2 dedicated butlers for 24 suites, ph, rs, cs and that I didn’t see where the financial savings by reducing the butler staff would be more than the impact to suite guests by reducing services.

I think it inappropriate to provide a direct quote of her reply since it was correspondence to me alone. I will say that the response was professional and very business oriented. 

I do not agree with the corporate outlook on Butler service reduction and feel it may end up causing issues similar to what Delta airlines is currently going through.

from my discussions with crew members that we have kept in touch with over the years; the butlers were all reassigned and not let go. It could be that they are not yet able to fill all their openings and needed to realign existing staff

Besides replacing butlers in sky suites with a room attendant and room service, X has reduced the dedicated butler headcount on solstice class vessels to 2. Those 2 butlers will be very busy. I saw 1 butler in the theatre on the first chic night. And the Retreat concierge’s were at the theatre for the second chic night.

we are in a high end suite on the Beyond in January. We are hoping the service is as good as it has always been, however we have set our expectations appropriately.

Cheers

Sure

1st was that allowing Zeniths back into the retreat was an excellent move and that should be good for the cruise line.

2nd I mentioned that there only 2 dedicated butlers for 24 suites, ph, rs, cs and that I didn’t see where the financial savings by reducing the butler staff would be more than the impact to suite guests by reducing services.

I think it inappropriate to provide a direct quote of her reply since it was correspondence to me alone. I will say that the response was professional and very business oriented. 

I do not agree with the corporate outlook on Butler service reduction and feel it may end up causing issues similar to what Delta airlines is currently going through.

from my discussions with crew members that we have kept in touch with over the years; the butlers were all reassigned and not let go. It could be that they are not yet able to fill all their openings and needed to realign existing staff

Besides replacing butlers in sky suites with a room attendant and room service, X has reduced the dedicated butler headcount on solstice class vessels to 2. Those 2 butlers will be very busy. I saw 1 butler in the theatre on the first chic night. And the Retreat concierge’s were at the theatre for the second chic night.

we are in a high end suite on the Beyond in January. We are hoping the service is as good as it has always been, however we have set our expectations appropriately.

Cheers

@Joker54 what issue is Delta Airlines dealing with that you think is relevant to Celebrity cruises?  You are being a bit vague.  Maybe that is intentional.

Sure

Cheers

Seems odd that you started this thread by asking if anyone else was having these sorts of issues but you aren't then prepared to share X's response so we can all benefit.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

@Joker54 what issue is Delta Airlines dealing with that you think is relevant to Celebrity cruises?  You are being a bit vague.  Maybe that is intentional.

I was a business traveler for many years so I’m in tune with airlines and forgot that those here travel but may not fly like I did.

So Delta made a bunch of changes to their FF program that cut perks from their most dedicated customers. There was a huge backlash and Delta has backed some of those changes out and admitted that they moved too fast in changing things. While the industry is different reducing perks in a big way can cause repercussions. So similar in some ways but not all. Think reduced menus, reduced menu quality, masking price increases by removing prepaid tips from AI without corresponding rate reductions, reduced butler services etc