Are there tube or floats for rent at Magens Bay?

Sun Lover

I know they rent chairs, but do they also rent tubes or floats at Magens Bay? If so, does anyone know the cost?  I can't find any recent information about it.  I also read they will bring you drinks while you're in the water but I'd like to know if they still do that now.  Thanks for any info.

It's been a long time since I was there. Back then they rented snorkeling equipment and huge dog biscuits to feed the fish. Funny story to me, the girl is mad at me. I took a friend on the cruise and she stuffed the dog biscuits down the front of her one piece bathing suit and went in the water .. the fish came nibbling and she starting screaming.  What a day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sun Lover said:

I know they rent chairs, but do they also rent tubes or floats at Magens Bay? If so, does anyone know the cost?  I can't find any recent information about it.  I also read they will bring you drinks while you're in the water but I'd like to know if they still do that now.  Thanks for any info.

google is your friend

Screenshot_20231107_192137.jpg

We were just there on 11/1. I didn’t see anyone with tubes or floats in the water. There were drink ladies walking on the beach but I didn’t see them going into the water for drink orders. Lounge chair rentals were $20 each. It has been a few years since I have been there but I was disappointed at how populated it has become. Rows of beach chairs crammed together and so many people in the water. The drive is beautiful.  Have fun.

Several from our CC group brought they're own noodles with them. I've never seen anyone renting any type of floatation anything at Magens.

"Populated"??

Any more than 3 ships in port total at both piers. Plan B Plan C or Plan D.

5-7 ships in port on St. Thomas. 

From the time you get in the safari van at Havensight spend your day at Magens get back on another safari and get back to Havensight you've been through 18 different types of hell. 

Magens Bay is awesome, water beach atmosphere and vibe and views are wonderful. Everything else sucks.😕

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I always take these hammock floats on our cruise. They come completely flat (so go right in the bottom of suitcase), are really inexpensive, and you can blow them up with your mouth. We just toss them when we are done. They are perfect.                          

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Magens Bay last week. Chairs and umbrellas for rent but no floats for rent. Be forewarned, two chairs and “shade” for $40.00. They only provide an umbrella if they have one available. If not they stick you under a palm tree. 

• Thanks 1

I'm so glad I don't go there anymore. 

Magens the vibe from the time you pull in until you back get to Havensight. Other than walking down to the other end of the bay with a cooler full of beer and a couple Fatty's twisted up, everything else sucks. 

Somebody needs to figure it out. All chiefs no Indians, one of the nicest bays in the western hemisphere, one of the worst beach vibes EVER.