New way for requesting Carnival shareholder obc now?

martinchem

3 minutes ago, Number12 said:

I don't get what the benefit is of downloading another app.  I just submitted my request via email and received credit in about 3 days.

There is no real benefit but it seems like Carnival apparently doesn't like the amount of hours it takes for their staff to process the shareholder credit applications. 

11 hours ago, ledges1 said:

I used the app for the first time this week.

1. I downloaded the app.  A few glitches but did get it to download.

2. Opened app and it requires you to open an account.

3. Opened and account, a few glitches again, but it opened.

4. Once in the new account, it ask you to upload a copy of your statement, it also allows you to take a picture and upload while the account is open.

5. Took a statement and redacted the other holdings, amounts, account #, addresses, etc. I did this when I mailed before.

6. took picture and uploaded and sent to Stockperks.

7. Received confirm that they would be back to be in to 2 days.

8. Received email telling me to open Stockperks account and complete cruise information.

9. Opened account and entered Carnival cruise confirm #, date of cruise, ship name, etc. and hit enter.

10. Received confirm email stating they would be back in touch.

11. Received confirm stating that I had received my $100 OBC for my 7 day cruise.

I just downloaded and set up an account…but one thing you didn’t mention is they want your brokerage User ID and Password! That doesn’t sound like something I would want to do. Did you do that?

27 minutes ago, MPH711 said:

I just downloaded and set up an account…but one thing you didn’t mention is they want your brokerage User ID and Password! That doesn’t sound like something I would want to do. Did you do that?

I did not give them access to my brokerage account. I took a picture of statement and uploaded. I also marked out my account # on my statement.

57 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

I did not give them access to my brokerage account. I took a picture of statement and uploaded. I also marked out my account # on my statement.

It wants me to link to my brokerage account by giving my ID and Password through “Plaid”. It looks like the info they want depends on your brokerage. 

Edited by MPH711

1 hour ago, MPH711 said:

It wants me to link to my brokerage account by giving my ID and Password through “Plaid”. It looks like the info they want depends on your brokerage. 

I have my account with SoFi and they wanted my username and password too. I just chose Fidelity instead and uploaded my statement. It was approved the next day.

1 hour ago, MPH711 said:

Others have said to not select "plaid" but to select the other option. 

10 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Others have said to not select "plaid" but to select the other option. 

Ok, thanks much. I use Vanguard but selected Fidelity. I did not have to put in an ID or password. It wanted me to upload a statement which I did (with redactions) and now will wait for a response. I take it after they approve they will ask for which ship and sailing date. 

I received the following email from Princess:
Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program.

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks for thing booking.

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp  for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app.

I downloaded the Stockperks app, completed all the information requested and received the following message:
"Couldn't connect to your institution"

I sent a message to Princess and to Stockperks asking for advice...  Waiting for a response!

1 hour ago, mcbridm said:
I received the following email from Princess:
Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program.

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks for thing booking.

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp  for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app.

I downloaded the Stockperks app, completed all the information requested and received the following message:
"Couldn't connect to your institution"

I sent a message to Princess and to Stockperks asking for advice...  Waiting for a response!

Not all brokers can be accessed directly through the app (plaid is the vendor/service used) you can also upload a pdf of your statement, same as we used to fax or email.

I uploaded a pdf immediately after getting the response about the connection issue.  Waiting to see if that works.  However, I would like to see the app work in the correct manner.  If Stockperks is supposed to provide a service it needs to be a working service!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mcbridm said:

I uploaded a pdf immediately after getting the response about the connection issue.  Waiting to see if that works.  However, I would like to see the app work in the correct manner.  If Stockperks is supposed to provide a service it needs to be a working service!

True, but the fault may not lie with Stockperks.

You broker needs to allow the app to login to its website. I am not going to even try, I dont want to give anyone direct login  access. I'll just upload my statement. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ngrund said:

True, but the fault may not lie with Stockperks.

You broker needs to allow the app to login to its website. I am not going to even try, I dont want to give anyone direct login  access. I'll just upload my statement. 

I posted a video that walks you through the uploading process.

As to where the fault lies - if brokers don't allow access, Stockperks needs to provide instructions for an alternate method for submitting the data.  

Following is an email I received from Stockperks (sounds like it is their fault).

We periodically face connection issues with Plaid that can cause errors like this.  The second way we can validate your ownership is by uploading an image of your portfolio through the app as follows:  

Please see video I posted (How to upload portfolio to Stockperks)

I got a security notice from my broker this past week warning people not to divulge their login information to third parties.  They made the point that these third parties then have the same access as you do.  Also, they apparently store your login information and if they are hacked, your login information is included in the data breach.  I just sent a photo of my last statement with the account number redacted and that worked fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I got a security notice from my broker this past week warning people not to divulge their login information to third parties.  They made the point that these third parties then have the same access as you do.  Also, they apparently store your login information and if they are hacked, your login information is included in the data breach.  I just sent a photo of my last statement with the account number redacted and that worked fine.

And why are they asking questions that don't need to be answered like income level? When the time comes I will only upload redacted info and be deleting the app after I am done. 

• Like 4

On 11/18/2023 at 2:59 PM, Number12 said:
On 11/26/2023 at 6:08 PM, VentureMan_2000 said:

The Elephant in the room is why are any of you allowing Stockperks to connect to your money...   😲

It’s definitely not prudent to give direct access to your investment portfolio. Our broker unambiguously states to never give your username or password to anyone. Hackers can obtain the information even in encrypted form for later decryption. And employees will have access too. 
As for the page on the app asking for your birthday and income level, that’s to resell your personal information for marketing purposes, and is not required. Look for the “skip” link at the top right of the page. Then choose to upload a photo of your investor statement with other information redacted with a black inkmarker.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2023 at 3:17 PM, mcbridm said:

Stockperks sent me a video about how to use the app.  In the video, it shows how to upload your stock info and also explains the process for after it is uploaded. 

Thanks for the video. It helped complete the task without revealing investment account details.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jascritz said:

It’s definitely not prudent to give direct access to your investment portfolio. Our broker unambiguously states to never give your username or password to anyone. Hackers can obtain the information even in encrypted form for later decryption. And employees will have access too. 
As for the page on the app asking for your birthday and income level, that’s to resell your personal information for marketing purposes, and is not required. Look for the “skip” link at the top right of the page. Then choose to upload a photo of your investor statement with other information redacted with a black inkmarker.

Here’s an article from Wikipedia on controversy around the privately held San Francisco startup called Plaid:

“The company has faced controversy for scraping user data, impersonating bank login screens, and not properly disclosing the privacy risks associated with the service.[34] TD Bank filed a lawsuit against Plaid in 2020 accusing the company of trying to "dupe" its users.[35]

In 2021, Plaid settled a $58 million class action lawsuit over claims that it passed on personal banking data to third party firms without user consent. The settlement encompasses five separate lawsuits combined as one. Each claims that Plaid used consumers’ banking login credentials to gather and distribute detailed financial data without prior consent.”

2 hours ago, kasmith2 said:

I think the fact that you can't get any shareholder benefit if you book a discounted cruise is BS!!  

By discounted you mean free or practically free right? My 2024 cruises from the spring sale of 2022 were approved.

• Like 1

All please beware of StockPerks and their hideous and unethical business practices. If you do not link your brokerage account or provide the entire brokerage statement they will try to harass you. They want people to desperately just provide them with their personal and financial information. 

StockPerks is a data mining company that makes money by feeding off data and personally identifiable information of others and selling them to marketing companies. I am also not aware how they may use/miss-use financial information. They do not even have a customer service number to call them. They will also send you emails from generic or anonymous email IDs.

I understand we all want to get our OBC's but be careful. I sent them redacted statements with very little to none personal and financial information and they are giving me a hard time before finally approving it. Beware this is not a company that you want to share your information with.  

Please reach out to your brokerage firm and request for a letter verifying you holding of the only the selected cruise line stocks. Every brokerage firm will provide you this. It will list out the number of shared you hold of the said company and the date of confirmation (which is usually end of the previous day). Once you get this letter, redact your address and brokerage account number and then send it to StockPerks. DO NOT LINK YOUR BROKERAGE ACCOUNT.  DO NOT SENT YOUR ENTIRE BROKERAGE STATEMENT NO MATTER WHAT YOU REDACT. Based on their desperation of getting the entire statement I am concerned that may have a way to scrub to remove redactions and access other information you do not want them to have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/28/2023 at 12:39 AM, jascritz said:

Here’s an article from Wikipedia on controversy around the privately held San Francisco startup called Plaid:

“The company has faced controversy for scraping user data, impersonating bank login screens, and not properly disclosing the privacy risks associated with the service.[34] TD Bank filed a lawsuit against Plaid in 2020 accusing the company of trying to "dupe" its users.[35]

In 2021, Plaid settled a $58 million class action lawsuit over claims that it passed on personal banking data to third party firms without user consent. The settlement encompasses five separate lawsuits combined as one. Each claims that Plaid used consumers’ banking login credentials to gather and distribute detailed financial data without prior consent.”

Totally agree with you. It is simply stupid to link your Brokerage account or provide your Brokerage login information to a 3rd Party company. But there are tons of gullible people for these companies to prey on.

Additionally, I got the clarification that StockPerks is falsely advertising that Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are also using them. As of now it is ONLY CARNIVAL that is using StockPerks to cut costs and reduce their in-house employees that are dedicated to processing these requests. Shame on Carnival for the lack of proper information and falsely sending out emails recommending to their shareholders that it is "recommended" that they link their brokerage accounts to StockPerks when it is not at all needed.

• Thanks 1