Veterans Discount

ridgerunner51

1 hour ago, Classynfun1 said:

They sometimes have lower rates on specific cruises (you can select to see them when you price a cruise online). There is not an across the board discount for all veterans on all cruises

though. 

Has always been a $200 discount for us for years.  It’s not cruise specific.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ridgerunner51 said:

The Celebrity give Veterans a discount like Princess?

Princess gives the veteran an OBC. Celebrity gives the veteran a discount on the cruise fare. With Celebrity you have to request the veteran discount for each booking. Unlike with Princess once you are in their system the OBC is automatic each time you book a cruise.

Edited by doghog
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, alfiemom said:

Has always been a $200 discount for us for years.  It’s not cruise specific.

Interesting. My husband just hit his 33rd year of service and I've been told more than once it is available only for for specified cruises as a discount when booking. 

6 minutes ago, Classynfun1 said:

Interesting. My husband just hit his 33rd year of service and I've been told more than once it is available only for for specified cruises as a discount when booking. 

I have always requested and received the Veteran discount on every cruise since Celebrity started offering it.

Edited by doghog

4 hours ago, alfiemom said:

Yes.

No, not like Princess, who give a $50/$250 OBC for veterans. Royal/Celebrity just give an initial small discount. HAL currently gives a $100 OBC for veterans for all cruises also. You're better off just waiting for one of the many sales that give standard OBC for booking, which I've used to get the same OBC I'd get from shareholder/military on Princess.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Classynfun1 said:

If you book online there is a place to select discounts you may qualify for, one is veteran’s.  We our on our 40th X cruise and have gotten the discount on 35 of them.  Some sailing it was $50pp others $100pp. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Strongbox said:

But nothing for UK Veterans.

Is this something specific to the .co.uk website?

Anytime I go to either the USA or CAN 'versions' of the website, I can tick the "Military/etc" box; which gives out 200USD (260CAD) for most cruises that I've checked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

$100 pp.   Back in June 2022 I booked a cruise and my invoice shows a $932 total veterans discount, but also has premium bev/internet and $800 OBC which none of the above exist anymore. 

Edited by Tyler414
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

I check it two ways: resident rate and Military. I am embarrassed to say the resident rate is often lower than the Military rate.

11 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

I check it two ways: resident rate and Military. I am embarrassed to say the resident rate is often lower than the Military rate.

Since 2007, we ONLY get a discount for military; zero for state of residence (VA).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 7:36 AM, jelayne said:

If you book online there is a place to select discounts you may qualify for, one is veteran’s.  We our on our 40th X cruise and have gotten the discount on 35 of them.  Some sailing it was $50pp others $100pp. 

6 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Since 2007, we ONLY get a discount for military; zero for state of residence (VA).

I guess we selected the "right" cruises because on  all of our 27 cruises, we have received the $100 p.p. military discount.  (I don't know if that's because we've only cruised in CS+ suites....)

• Thanks 1