Antigua - Celebrity Catamaran with lobster lunch - looking for experiences

LadyBerard

Before getting slammed, please note, that I did post this on the Antigua board - with no results.  I am looking for people's experiences who have done this excursion.  I did read some reviews on trip advisor which mentioned lots of seasickness and also many wonderful experiences.  I am recalling an excursion I did years ago from St. Thomas to St. John on a catamaran when I felt very yucky the majority of the trip, I am a bit hesitant on keeping our reservation for this excursion for Antigua.  We will be in Antigua mid Jan. and I do plan on taking Bonine the night prior to the excursion and the morning of the excursion.  If you have done this excursion, would you please let me know if there were many people seasick.  Thank you to all who reply.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

Before getting slammed, please note, that I did post this on the Antigua board - with no results.  I am looking for people's experiences who have done this excursion.  I did read some reviews on trip advisor which mentioned lots of seasickness and also many wonderful experiences.  I am recalling an excursion I did years ago from St. Thomas to St. John on a catamaran when I felt very yucky the majority of the trip, I am a bit hesitant on keeping our reservation for this excursion for Antigua.  We will be in Antigua mid Jan. and I do plan on taking Bonine the night prior to the excursion and the morning of the excursion.  If you have done this excursion, would you please let me know if there were many people seasick.  Thank you to all who reply.

No notable seasickness events noted. The Lobster was BIG, but way overdone 😞

I did this on a Christmas sailing last year and it was one of the best excursions I've ever done. We had calm water that day so no one got sick (that I know of). They took us out to a small beach for about an hour and you could rent a beach lounger for $5, which I didn't think was bad at all. On the way back they have an open bar and they cook the meal on the back of the boat. The lobster was very large and the sides were good (I don't remember what they were but it was a really nice lunch). I would do that excursion again.

This was one of the best celebrity excursions we have ever done.  The staff were so nice and the catamaran was roomy.  We went to many little bays and had a few stops. The best was when we slipped up to the sand and they secured the boat to the palm trees. Then we were free to swim in the beautiful warm waters.  Not being a lobster lover, just the experience of a BBQ on a boat was great. Would definitely recommend 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

We have done this excursion 3 times via Royal Caribbean. Excellent. No big issues.

The first two times the catamaran was big, spacious, lots of shade. The last time it was a smaller catamaran but no problems.

The sail was pretty smooth and not very bumpy. I did not see any seasickness, but I was not particulary looking. The only thing bumpy I would say is the climb down the ladder to the bottom deck where the two bathrooms were located, in the third catamaran. The first two catamarans had few steps down and were fine.

Could you be thinking of the St John ride from St Thomas, that is quite rough?

I would also suggest looking at Antigua Day Charters - Private Motor Yacht Charter, Sunset Cruise

We went with these guys earlier in the year and it was wonderful.  They have a lobster option on the 6 or 8 hour tour.  It's a private boat, and they can arrange pickup at the cruise pier.  If there's more than 4 of you, it might even be cheaper than the ship's tour, and you have the boat all to yourself.

Captain is an ex-accountant from the UK who a few years ago decided to "ditch it all" and move to Antigua to open this outfit.  

8 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

No notable seasickness events noted. The Lobster was BIG, but way overdone 😞

9 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Go for it.  It was really great and the Lobster was cooked on the deck.  Sooooo good.

8 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Are you taking this on the Silhouette? I think I'm on the same excursion 

3 hours ago, 39august said:

You should also look at Adventures Antigua. Eli's Eco Tour is  a great tour with snorkeling, lunch, and a stop at Hell;s Gate.

We've done Eli's Eco Tour many years ago.  We do have quite a bit of on board credit to use up, so we have  numerous shore excursions booked through Celebrity.