San Juan

leafsfancanada

I have been to San Juan with Regent several times and have docked downtown as well as across the bay by the container terminal.  In that case, a courtesy bus was made available to transport folks to/from Old San Juan.  I believe it was a fifteen minute bus ride. Have a great time.  It is one of my favorite ports. 

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1

• 2 months later...

I got my cruise docs, and it says we are arriving at San Juan, but it does not say whether we are arriving at the Pan American cruise terminal, or the one in Old San Juan.  Does anyone know which cruise terminal Regent uses, or do they use both?

On 11/11/2023 at 8:17 AM, NCCruzQueen said:

It’s right in town, easy walk to shops and restaurants.

Not always . Early December we were on Splendor and the ship docked at the Pan American pier. They offered a shuttle to Old San Juan, took about 10 minutes 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ysolde said:

I got my cruise docs, and it says we are arriving at San Juan, but it does not say whether we are arriving at the Pan American cruise terminal, or the one in Old San Juan.  Does anyone know which cruise terminal Regent uses, or do they use both?

What ship are you on? In December we were on Splendor and it docked at Pan American pier

• Like 1

Ysolde, Our son’s who is joining this cruise at San Juan documents states ‘San Juan pier 4 east”, but got the normal caveat that this could alter at the last moment. Like you, our documents hasn’t got any details showing which dock,

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

What ship are you on? In December we were on Splendor and it docked at Pan American pier

Thanks.  We are trying to figure out where we are going to be because we are meeting friends for a bit.  I guess we will find out at some point!

9 hours ago, charltonkerry said:

Ysolde, Our son’s who is joining this cruise at San Juan documents states ‘San Juan pier 4 east”, but got the normal caveat that this could alter at the last moment. Like you, our documents hasn’t got any details showing which dock,

Well, this might be something to go on.  Thank you!  San Juan Pier 4 is the one in Old San Juan, so it looks like thus far that's where we will be docking.  Of course, this could change.  Many thanks to all!

Edited by ysolde

We will be boarding the Splendor March 24 in San Juan. I understand that when embarking and debarking the ships use the Pan American dock. If it’s only a port call they use the Old Town dock.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

We will be boarding the Splendor March 24 in San Juan. I understand that when embarking and debarking the ships use the Pan American dock. If it’s only a port call they use the Old Town dock.

Not correct, in our December Splendor cruise San Juan was just a stop. It could have been because it was our last stop before Miami and its a US territory we had to do immigration there. Maybe thats the only place where they have such facilities

3 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

Not correct, in our December Splendor cruise San Juan was just a stop. It could have been because it was our last stop before Miami and its a US territory we had to do immigration there. Maybe thats the only place where they have such facilities

We have taken several cruises on Sea Dream Yacht Club. Their 2 ships are quite small, with 112 passengers max, and about the same number of crew. They offer cruises in the Caribbean and the Med. In San Juan, they have always docked at the Old San Juan port, at dock 1.

They do customs and immigration there. We did back to back cruises, and had to leave the ship, go through immigration, go to shore, and wait until everyone had left the ship. After that, we passed by immigration and returned to the ship, along with a number of new crew. The new guests came onboard mid afternoon. There were 4 of us on the back to back, and we ate lunch together by the pool. The service and food were exceptional.

When we ended our cruise at the same dock after our second cruise, we passed through the same immigration desk at the dock, and after the transportation provided by the cruise took us to the airport, we only had to go through security at the San Juan airport.