Interesting new listing on Eurodam's MDR menu today....

canadarocks

We don't sail until next year, but the Eurodam is currently doing a very similar 10-day sailing and I've been monitoring the MDR menus on the app (thank you @Crew News). For the first time today, instead of a Club Orange Daily Special, there is a similarly highlighted "Classic Dishes from our Historic Sailings" feature. 

Hmmmm.... available to everyone perhaps??

29 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

We don't sail until next year, but the Eurodam is currently doing a very similar 10-day sailing and I've been monitoring the MDR menus on the app (thank you @Crew News). For the first time today, instead of a Club Orange Daily Special, there is a similarly highlighted "Classic Dishes from our Historic Sailings" feature. 

Since the entry is not clearly marked "Club Orange" rather just in orange ink, MDR waiters might be taking some heat for saying, "No" when requested by non-CO diners. 

I am currently downloading these menus and will post soon after the current cruise ends.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Since the entry is not clearly marked "Club Orange" rather just in orange ink, MDR waiters might be taking some heat for saying, "No" when requested by non-CO diners. 

You're probably right ... I'm sure they'll fix it soon. Rats! 🙂 

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

How do you monitor menus of a cruise you are not booked on in the app.  I know i can do that on Celebrity App, but didnt know it could be done on Navigator

Hope they also back the "classic"  blue rimmed dinner ware.  Then we can stop dropping our knives into the sauce on those tortuous, rimless wonders we have suffered through over the past few years.

Less frou-frou in the plate composition would be classic traditional too. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, retird said:

How do you monitor menus of a cruise you are not booked on in the app.  I know i can do that on Celebrity App, but didnt know it could be done on Navigator

You can monitor and download the menus of the next HAL ship you have booked on your Navigator app.

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

You can monitor and download the menus of the next HAL ship you have booked on your Navigator app.

Im booked on the Noordam for April , 2024.   Where on yhe App could I check for Noordam menus.   When i check the sample in the app it shows one day only

7 minutes ago, retird said:

Im booked on the Noordam for April , 2024.   Where on yhe App could I check for Noordam menus.   When i check the sample in the app it shows one day only

You can see only see one day at a time and only the menu for the current day on the current itinerary. 

Edited by Crew News

6 minutes ago, Crew News said:

You can see only see one day at a time and only the menu for the current day on the current itinerary. 

Thank you, i will go in tomorrow to see if the menu changes.   I thought it was a sample that was on the app and not a current menu.  That is great

Just now, retird said:

Thank you, i will go in tomorrow to see if the menu changes.   I thought it was a sample that was on the app and not a current menu.  That is great

The current location and itinerary (number of days) must match your cruise to see the same menu that you will have on the same day of your cruise.  If your cruise will be the first of a new season, location, and itinerary (number of days), menus you can see in the Navigator app will not be of any value.

• Like 2

If I think of it tonight (we have late dining) I’ll look.  Seems to me there has been 1 different item every night that is shown just above the regular menu.  (And it’s not just because we are in a Neptune as our friends get it too) 

Loving the Eurodam! 

Mine looks like the above with both the Classic and CO options.

Only the Pinnacle-class ships have dedicated CO dining rooms.  The others, CO people eat in the MDR and they can order the CO daily offering.

Looks good to me!  I'll be on Eurodam in 2 months.

4 hours ago, canadianbear said:

This is what is showing on our Navigator App for dining tonight 

IMG_0677.jpeg

This is the same menu as Day 05 of the 11-Day Caribbean season but with the new addition.  Since it had to be provisioned in FLL, this might be a new trend.  I will keep downloading the Eurodam menus over the next few months to verify.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canadianbear said:

This is what is showing on our Navigator App for dining tonight 

IMG_0677.jpeg

I think I will have the Jerk Lamb,  the Flat Iron Chimichurri; the Turkey with Dressing, and  the Seafood Newburg .............thank you very much.

Too many good choices, and I don't want to spoil my appetite for the Strawberry Pavlova and the Chocolate Caramel Tart. Thanks for sharing this.

Hope they soon add a Micro-portion Tasters Menu, so we can truly have it all.   😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

This us  both menus for tonight, one with club orange and one without (our friends have the one without) 

IMG_0693.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpeg

Thanks for sharing.   This trend might be a crowd pleaser.  I can’t wait to see what else they re-introduce 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

On my Navigator the same menu for the MDR has been showing for months,never changes!I have looked all over the app and can’t find anywhere that any other menus are shown.Can anyone provide the steps that need to be taken to see these?

Try clearing the app cache and stored data. You will have to log in again, the the app should rebuild its database.

39 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Try clearing the app cache and stored data. You will have to log in again, the the app should rebuild its database.

Some info of what to not do while away & bored:

Anyone with an iPhone I’ll warn you right now-I was bored yesterday so updated to iOS 17.1.1.  Well, my navigator app works but NOT the chat.  Neptune concierge tried to help, phoned the IT who couldn’t it to work so escalated.  Hope they figure it out soon as that’s how we’ve communicated with our friends on board.  🤷‍♀️  

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Some info of what to not do while away & bored:

Anyone with an iPhone I’ll warn you right now-I was bored yesterday so updated to iOS 17.1.1.  Well, my navigator app works but NOT the chat.  Neptune concierge tried to help, phoned the IT who couldn’t it to work so escalated.  Hope they figure it out soon as that’s how we’ve communicated with our friends on board.  🤷‍♀️  

Sorry to hear about your tech woes. While I can troubleshoot most anything, we still carry post-its for this very reason.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, POA1 said:

Sorry to hear about your tech woes. While I can troubleshoot most anything, we still carry post-its for this very reason.

Pretty crazy isn’t it.  Let’s hope they get an update for the Nav app soon.  At least I can chat with our friends on messenger or text while on the ship still.  

• Like 1