On Caribbean princess, separate lines to get in the building

Bollycats

I thought I read on here that at Port Everglades there was one line to get in the doors to go through security. But they separated us into two lines, those with medallions and those without. The ones with medallions got to go through security first. Just an FYI.

8 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

No, when they finally allowed in the people without medallions then they went through their separate checkin  line and those with medallions went through their line for check-in.

So, there was Green Lane (with Medallion) and Blue Lane (without Medallion) lines before security?  

Then they funneled Green Lane people through security first, then Blue Lane - and Green could proceed to Baird while Blue when to pick up medallion?

Help us out - I'm trying to figure out what you experienced.. thanks . 

At first there was only one line outside for security. Then a man came by and separated us into lines whether you have the medallion or not. Then they let in the medallion holders to security first. After security then they had the separate check-in lanes whether you had a medallion or not.

14 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

At first there was only one line outside for security. Then a man came by and separated us into lines whether you have the medallion or not. Then they let in the medallion holders to security first. After security then they had the separate check-in lanes whether you had a medallion or not.

Away went our priority line to get inside the building for suites/elites.

Too bad.

I hope they had an elite sitting area after check in.

PE used to be the most efficient.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Away went our priority line to get inside the building for suites/elites.

Too bad.

I hope they had an elite sitting area after check in.

PE used to be the most efficient.

Boarded CB half hour ago. 

Zero line outside, waved right in. Inside, one line for security, everyone in same line 

After security, Green Lane to the right, Blue to the left. Blue Lane was long, but looked to be moving quickly. Green Lane, zero people on line, walked right up, tapped in, verified passport and off I went.. 

From Uber to onboard, 9 minutes, including dropping luggage.  Not bad at all.

Personally, I never get to Port early, regardless of port, cuz I am not a fan of lines and so forth... I'd rather walk right on. 

It was quick and painless today.. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, reedprincess said:

Boarded CB half hour ago. 

Zero line outside, waved right in. Inside, one line for security, everyone in same line 

After security, Green Lane to the right, Blue to the left. Blue Lane was long, but looked to be moving quickly. Green Lane, zero people on line, walked right up, tapped in, verified passport and off I went.. 

From Uber to onboard, 9 minutes, including dropping luggage.  Not bad at all.

Personally, I never get to Port early, regardless of port, cuz I am not a fan of lines and so forth... I'd rather walk right on. 

It was quick and painless today.. 

Nice!  We always go early.  Maybe  I’ll change our strategy. 🤣

So, you arrived about 1 PM, Eastern time?

On 11/12/2023 at 1:41 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Nice!  We always go early.  Maybe  I’ll change our strategy. 🤣

So, you arrived about 1 PM, Eastern time?

I arrived at luggage drop off at 12:45 and I was aboard before 1.  Super smooth... 

I had plenty of time to drop bag in stateroom, lock valuables and passport in safe, upgrade to Premier and and go to the MDR for lunch - strolled right in, no wait there, etc. my bag was at my stateroom after lunch. Easy peasy..

I am not a fan of the lines and all that for early boarding. It's not my style. I'd rather miss the scrum and walk right on later with no hassle.. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 11:18 AM, Bollycats said:

I thought I read on here that at Port Everglades there was one line to get in the doors to go through security. But they separated us into two lines, those with medallions and those without. The ones with medallions got to go through security first. Just an FYI.

UGH!!!  This is completely unfair to Suite guests and Elite guests. 

(Just had an idea.... perhaps might just have an old Medallion kicking around to get by the security area).

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

(Just had an idea.... perhaps might just have an old Medallion kicking around to get by the security area).

In May they had the PSE line outside, they asked your name and looked you up to verify. We got in that line first, then they moved us to the wheelchair line when they saw DW on her scooter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 11:35 PM, Steelers36 said:

It sure is, plus the fact that the Elite is filled by the time you're finished checking in. Having an old medallion won't help much since you've got to go to the counter to get a current one anyway. 

8 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It sure is, plus the fact that the Elite is filled by the time you're finished checking in. Having an old medallion won't help much since you've got to go to the counter to get a current one anyway. 

But that is minimal delay.  The issue - or at least potential issue since have not read of anyone else reporting this - is being held back and not getting into building through security checkpoint.

38 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

But that is minimal delay.  The issue - or at least potential issue since have not read of anyone else reporting this - is being held back and not getting into building through security checkpoint.

Our problem last cruise was that the agent we went to was training a new employee & she was explaining each & every step to him when processing our papers & making our medallions. Normally it doesn't take 15 minutes to check in but we just happened to be assigned to a bad line. 😡 All the other people on each side of us were breezing through.