Has Azamara's pre-cruise experience improved?

SunnyNy

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

However, I somehow can’t seem to see the prices for, or book excursions for my Antarctica cruise, although I can see them. Any thoughts?

Call Azamara and book your shore excursions with them. If you get someone who doesn't seem to know the system, just hang up and call back. Have everything confirmed by email. Of have them email you your Guest Ticket Booklet.

The website is still a slog and counterintuitive in many areas. (Example: you do not find your booking under BOOKED GUESTS.)😡

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Well, I would like to see some prices before I make any phone calls

After getting into my reservation by signing in, I am able to see both prices and descriptions for shore excursions when I click on the little pencil symbol. With only 3 months until your cruise, I would hope  all that information is there. These day, you never know.

1 hour ago, tgg said:

After getting into my reservation by signing in, I am able to see both prices and descriptions for shore excursions when I click on the little pencil symbol. With only 3 months until your cruise, I would hope  all that information is there. These day, you never know.

That worked. Thanks!

My travel agent is very frustrated with Azamara. He has tried to cancel one of our cruises for next year several times, and Azamara is still sending him invoices, etc. for it. 

A week or two back, our upcoming cruise list and Azamara Circle info was finally correct. I am honestly very reluctant to do anything online with Azamara currently, because it’s obvious there are still issues to be sorted out.

• Like 1

Absolute disaster admin wise, been on board 5 days now and OBC still not sorted. Downstairs to guest relations again today and they refused to accept my travel agent invoice showing the OBC and a screenshot of the correct amount taken from my upcoming booking some months ago when I read about all the problems and some one recommended doing that. HE GOT AGITATED almost shouting that it didn't prove anything. Fortunately I asked to see the manager and he accepted my point and would chase it up. Don't hold your breath will update as it develops. They are really trying their hardest to make us book with the competition. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Salties said:

Absolute disaster admin wise, been on board 5 days now and OBC still not sorted. Downstairs to guest relations again today and they refused to accept my travel agent invoice showing the OBC and a screenshot of the correct amount taken from my upcoming booking some months ago when I read about all the problems and some one recommended doing that. HE GOT AGITATED almost shouting that it didn't prove anything. Fortunately I asked to see the manager and he accepted my point and would chase it up. Don't hold your breath will update as it develops. They are really trying their hardest to make us book with the competition. 

So you got either a bad apple or somebody on a bad day - but the supervisor has taken over. Calm down and let him do his job. If he doesn’t solve it, then come back and complain. [Actually, please come back either way]

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Salties said:

Disappointing that your precious holiday time is marred by this ongoing B to B OBC problem. Sorry to hear that an otherwise great onboard experience has been spoiled by a very unusual approach from a member of guest relations and I hope the OBC is restored and you get a suitable apology.  We hope this will not be a recurring problem for other upcoming cruises.
G.

Hello Jazzbeau,l think you have the wrong end of the stick,  he was the one who needed to calm down. I am not complaining merely lamenting that so much hard work and friendliness by the people working on the front line is let down by incompetence. Perhaps with your wisdom you could advise how I should comment on some one refusing to accept printed evidence. Others on board have commented they would not have been as laid back as me.

• Like 4

@The Salties experience has me worried:

For half a year now, I have been asking for my loyalty status to be corrected.

"Don't worry, the team on the ship has the correct information"

Many passengers complain that the OBC information is misrepresented online

"Don't worry, the team on the ship has the correct information, just take your documentation"

and now, with the correct documentation - they do not believe the customer? Really???

They obviously do not know what is what!

IMO it is not asked too much that a customer can be sure that the contractually agreed services will be adhered to!

I don't want to be on the burden of proof and argue with Guest Relations on my vacation.

The service team can be as magnificent as they might....at some point you have to be allowed to say that it stinks! 

the Salties, I am really sorry you have to go through this!

7 hours ago, The Salties said:

Hello Jazzbeau,l think you have the wrong end of the stick,  he was the one who needed to calm down. I am not complaining merely lamenting that so much hard work and friendliness by the people working on the front line is let down by incompetence. Perhaps with your wisdom you could advise how I should comment on some one refusing to accept printed evidence. Others on board have commented they would not have been as laid back as me.

I wasn't minimizing your frustration with the front-line employee, but once you have escalated it to a supervisor I think you owe the supervisor a chance to make it right.

• Like 1

Update! Had a good chat with manager, Adrian this morning. OBC for this cruise and next now corrected. We are going to sit quietly during our upcoming sea days and resolve cruise 3 and 4. I told him it's totally unfair that so much extra pressure is placed on them when so many of us are told by the call centre, it will be sorted out on board. I hope the new management deal with this and we can all return to an efficient system that reflects the wonderful experience on board. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cavaaller said:

@The Salties experience has me worried:

For half a year now, I have been asking for my loyalty status to be corrected.

"Don't worry, the team on the ship has the correct information"

Many passengers complain that the OBC information is misrepresented online

"Don't worry, the team on the ship has the correct information, just take your documentation"

and now, with the correct documentation - they do not believe the customer? Really???

They obviously do not know what is what!

IMO it is not asked too much that a customer can be sure that the contractually agreed services will be adhered to!

I don't want to be on the burden of proof and argue with Guest Relations on my vacation.

The service team can be as magnificent as they might....at some point you have to be allowed to say that it stinks! 

the Salties, I am really sorry you have to go through this!

Thanks for your reply and commiserations. Pleased to say all resolved, see my comments below. 

• Like 2

We booked a back to back Japan/Asia cruise for 2025. They replaced the Asia cruise with an additional Japan cruise, and gave us less than 2 weeks to either do the Japan cruise (apparently the fact that we on the ship for a Japan cruise just before the Asia cruise did not register with them) book another cruise, or cancel. They were giving extra OBC if you took the Japan cruise or rebooked. My TA met with an AZ rep at a recent conference (we want to do an earlier B2B with similar itinerary to what we originally book) and we have nothing confirmed and it has been almost 3 weeks. Nothing shows up online, of course. Frustrating!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Having just returned from an Az transatlantic cruise, followed by two 7 nights with other cruiselines, I cannot for the life of me see the obsession that some have with pre-cruise experience! Being totally chilled, we arrived at the cruise terminal and took everything from there. The ship was in Lisbon, as scheduled, we boarded without any issues whatsoever, OBC was showing as planned etc. etc.

The on-board experience is not affected by anything pre-cruise, trust me!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1