What is the advantage of booking another cruise when you are currently on one?

shiner6

17 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

We will be sailing on the Breeze in a few days. Would there be any perks associated with booking a future cruise while on it?

The "book another cruise" desk is no longer on board.  So there is zero incentive to try to book anything on a current sailing just because you're sailing.   

I think they haven't had those for a long while, like 8 or 9 years, maybe more?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The "book another cruise" desk is no longer on board.  So there is zero incentive to try to book anything on a current sailing just because you're sailing.   

Yeah, its been a minute since they've done this.  I don't remember it as actually booking a cruise.  I recall purchasing a $$ certificate to be applied  to your next cruise. I wish they would bring it back.

• Like 1

.I took advantage of one of these deals made at a "future cruise kiosk" in days of yore. As I remember I put up $100 and Carnival matched it on any cruise I selected over the next 18 months. A friend I was cruising with took the same deal.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Yeah, its been a minute since they've done this.  I don't remember it as actually booking a cruise.  I recall purchasing a $$ certificate to be applied  to your next cruise. I wish they would bring it back.

Exactomundo ! It was a certificate that reduce your fare by that amount. Ironically, one of the parts of the deal was I could back out any time. I don't see how this benefited Carnival as it didn't even lock my $100 in to any cruise.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, glrounds said:

I don't see how this benefited Carnival as it didn't even lock my $100 in to any cruise.

They got the use of your $100 until you asked for it back.

It's the same reason banks don't charge most people for checking accounts.

22 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

They got the use of your $100 until you asked for it back.

It's the same reason banks don't charge most people for checking accounts.

Yes, but for that $100 of mine they got in advance, I nailed them for $200 when I cruised again which I was doing back then quite regularly.

16 minutes ago, glrounds said:

Yes, but for that $100 of mine they got in advance, I nailed them for $200 when I cruised again which I was doing back then quite regularly.

Maybe they didn't think it was such a good deal for them anymore, and that's why they discontinued the program.

Here is the replacement for Carnival's Future Cruise Certificate Program that is listed on Carnival.com:

CARNIVAL'S FUTURE CRUISE VACATION "WELCOME HOME" PROGRAM

Relaxing on your deck chair and dreaming about your next cruise? Nothing can beat this cruise except your next one. Our Future Cruise Vacation Program gives you the opportunity to book your next cruise even before you pack to go home.  Visit our friendly Carnival Adventures Expert to to learn about our ships, latest onboard features and how to get the best deal on your next cruise.  

Carnival's Future Cruise Vacation Program (FCV) offers:

• Early Saver rates including Price Protection *
  • 50% off deposit
  • Two category upgrade (excluding suites)
  • Up to $50 USD per stateroom Onboard Credit.. book a suite and get $100 USD Onboard Credit **
*   Select sailings where Early Saver is available through April 2025
** Onboard credit of $12.50 USD per person up to $25 USD per stateroom for 2-5 day sailings; Onboard credit of $25 USD per person up to $50 USD per stateroom for 6+ day sailings; Onboard credit of $50 USD per person up to $100 USD per suite accommodations.  

You have the option to book this offer as follows:
  • While on board, go to carnival.com/FC at no charge from your smart phone or in the FunHub™ and enter your VIFP Club® number found on your Sail & Sign® card to view your offers. Smart phone must be on airplane mode and connected to the ships Wi-Fi.
  • Back home from your cruise but didn’t have time to book your next cruise? With our "Welcome Home" program, you still have the option to book your future cruise vacation within four weeks after your cruise:
    • Call your travel agent
    • Visit carnival.com/offers
    • Or call 888 227-6482
Edited by Rod in Az
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On Carnival there is no future cruise incentive. The welcome home incentive is small.

Sister lines of theirs do still offer incentive to book while on board.

I was B2B Venezia in Sept - I only got the welcome home offer - which I had to log into my account to see, it was not an emailed offer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

On Carnival there is no future cruise incentive. The welcome home incentive is small.

Sister lines of theirs do still offer incentive to book while on board.

I was B2B Venezia in Sept - I only got the welcome home offer - which I had to log into my account to see, it was not an emailed offer.

I'm pretty sure Princess still has an 'on board' deal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I missed the days of the future cruise credit for booking onboard, but a couple of times I did use them to get special OBC for booking there. IIRC, this was phased out in 2017.

Th future cruise desk was one of the busiest places onboard when open, and the future cruise lecture was one of the busiest places to be. I miss them both. 🙁

• Like 2