LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

Some random pics…

The Annex, pictured first, is a room we stumbled upon after getting our cards scanned in the theater. The concept is apparently new and only available on Ascent ATM. It’s basically a private room that can be reserved for small, private functions. The concept includes a golf simulation with I believe 30 different courses to play. It also simulates football and other sports. There is state of the art karaoke machine, seating, and all kinds of equipment. The room can be reserved via Guest Relations. Our little tour of the space didn’t get into the cost to reserve. 

IMG_6179.jpeg

IMG_6178.jpeg

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_6155.jpeg

IMG_6153.jpeg

IMG_6154.jpeg

IMG_6157.jpeg

• Like 14

I want to talk about the entertainment for a minute. This is one area that DH and I have found to be lacking on our two previous Celebrity cruises this year (Solstice in March and Equinox in July). Live music was especially lacking along with variety. This is not the case on Ascent!  Whether a 3 or 4 piece band with vocals or a dj spinning tunes, music of all varieties was literally everywhere. I had read that some people find the music in the martini bar to be intrusive to the surrounding areas. And I will say that it was definitely more than background noise, but we liked it!  The situation of the World Class bar is such that you can hear the music from below but still have a conversation. That may be a little more difficult in the martini bar area. That’s not a complaint, I point it out for those who seek a more quiet cocktail location. 

Then there’s Eden. We spent quite a bit of time here yesterday!  Tom, a whiz of a Piano Man played for a couple of hours. He was excellent!  He asked for requests from the audience (which was a smallish crowd) and banged out tunes and sang all the popular sing along songs. From Elvis to Journey, his range of music was very impressive. We will definitely be going back!

After closing Eden down last night, we wandered outside on deck 5 to take a look at the moon. The moon, not moon!  To the naked man on deck 6, you might want to close your infinite veranda!  🤦‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Haha 32

Last night we dined in Normandy. Our reservation was for 8:30 but we arrived around 8:10 and were seated immediately. The dining room is beautiful!  DH remarked that he likes the way the E class ships have broken up the MDR’s into smaller spaces giving the feel of dining in a specialty restaurant. Service was great with only one misstep regarding the omission of our soup course. Once realized, our soup was immediately served. However, this backed up our mains, which were ready to be served as well. Not a big deal and the food was very good. For those who are more familiar with eclass, the menu likely looks the same as it has in the past. But for us, and our new experience with this whole themed concept, the food offerings were refreshing. 

We shared the baked Brie, which was served piping hot and another app, which I can’t recall at the moment…and that’s because the continuous flow of wine with dinner has blurred my recollection just a tad. Here’s what we ate..,

IMG_6186.jpeg

IMG_6185.jpeg

IMG_6183.jpeg

IMG_6184.jpeg

IMG_6182.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Last night we dined in Normandy. Our reservation was for 8:30 but we arrived around 8:10 and were seated immediately. The dining room is beautiful!  DH remarked that he likes the way the E class ships have broken up the MDR’s into smaller spaces giving the feel of dining in a specialty restaurant. Service was great with only one misstep regarding the omission of our soup course. Once realized, our soup was immediately served. However, this backed up our mains, which were ready to be served as well. Not a big deal and the food was very good. For those who are more familiar with eclass, the menu likely looks the same as it has in the past. But for us, and our new experience with this whole themed concept, the food offerings were refreshing. 

We shared the baked Brie, which was served piping hot and another app, which I can’t recall at the moment…and that’s because the continuous flow of wine with dinner has blurred my recollection just a tad. Here’s what we ate..,

IMG_6186.jpeg

IMG_6185.jpeg

IMG_6183.jpeg

IMG_6184.jpeg

IMG_6182.jpeg

Was Windy your sommelier?

17 hours ago, LoveChops said:

Can you post pics of the balcony? Is there much obstruction? Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Balcony is roughly 9 feet by 4 feet. Compact but comfortable. I would book this room again in a heartbeat. 

Also @PTC DAWG you will be happy to know the a/c is great. However, it’s nice to have my fan on the wall for added  airflow. 

IMG_6194.jpeg

IMG_6193.jpeg

IMG_6195.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SouKnoMe said:

May I ask your room type, is that CV? I’m so spoiled from balconies I’m trying to wrap my mind around the space. Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Anniversary!

This category is called PV1. Porthole View… we booked it for the traditional balcony feel. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Some random pics…

The Annex, pictured first, is a room we stumbled upon after getting our cards scanned in the theater. The concept is apparently new and only available on Ascent ATM. It’s basically a private room that can be reserved for small, private functions. The concept includes a golf simulation with I believe 30 different courses to play. It also simulates football and other sports. There is state of the art karaoke machine, seating, and all kinds of equipment. The room can be reserved via Guest Relations. Our little tour of the space didn’t get into the cost to reserve. 

IMG_6179.jpeg

IMG_6178.jpeg

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_6155.jpeg

IMG_6153.jpeg

IMG_6154.jpeg

IMG_6157.jpeg

The “Annex” as you describe, is absolutely necessary on the E-class ships, I’m glad they are finally using some of these spaces for guest experiences and FUN!  My brother might actually go another cruise with a golf simulator. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CardowMD said:

Thanks to all about transport to port. We are at Embassy suites near port, but they are charging $15pp for transport ….we will target using Uber. We snagged an 1130am check in.

What what is the process you used to get a check in time was it on the app or on the website? I don’t see anything and I am cruising on December 10.. 

35 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

The “Annex” as you describe, is absolutely necessary on the E-class ships, I’m glad they are finally using some of these spaces for guest experiences and FUN!  My brother might actually go another cruise with a golf simulator. 

Couldn’t agree more. As we walk around today we notice an abundance and variety of activities. Pickle ball in full swing on the Rooftop Garden, sketching classes, game challenges…much more varied than our last two cruises on S class. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing- pulled in on the Silhouette on Monday and saw this beauty in port. We don't to board her until March, with another Silhouette in between. Hope you are having a blast! 

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

The Annex space appears to be the space that was formerly a Captains Club "lounge," although we never saw anyone in it other than a crew member.  

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I want to talk about the entertainment for a minute. This is one area that DH and I have found to be lacking on our two previous Celebrity cruises this year (Solstice in March and Equinox in July). Live music was especially lacking along with variety. This is not the case on Ascent!  Whether a 3 or 4 piece band with vocals or a dj spinning tunes, music of all varieties was literally everywhere. I had read that some people find the music in the martini bar to be intrusive to the surrounding areas. And I will say that it was definitely more than background noise, but we liked it!  The situation of the World Class bar is such that you can hear the music from below but still have a conversation. That may be a little more difficult in the martini bar area. That’s not a complaint, I point it out for those who seek a more quiet cocktail location. 

Then there’s Eden. We spent quite a bit of time here yesterday!  Tom, a whiz of a Piano Man played for a couple of hours. He was excellent!  He asked for requests from the audience (which was a smallish crowd) and banged out tunes and sang all the popular sing along songs. From Elvis to Journey, his range of music was very impressive. We will definitely be going back!

After closing Eden down last night, we wandered outside on deck 5 to take a look at the moon. The moon, not moon!  To the naked man on deck 6, you might want to close your infinite veranda!  🤦‍♀️

Good to hear on the music.  We found the Equinox last time we were onboard to be a bit too heavy on 70's music, which wasn't our favorite.  I too have been mooned by someone on a Celebrity balcony!  😂  We were in Istanbul on an RCCL cruise and were doing a Bosphorus cruise, I was with my Costa Rican friends (a lively bunch) and they were waving to the ships, this guy on a Celebrity ship turned around and dropped his drawers!  He was met with a loud roar of applause from our group.  🤣

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Couldn’t agree more. As we walk around today we notice an abundance and variety of activities. Pickle ball in full swing on the Rooftop Garden, sketching classes, game challenges…much more varied than our last two cruises on S class. 

Are the sketching classes included?

3 minutes ago, wednesday said:

Good to hear on the music.  We found the Equinox last time we were onboard to be a bit too heavy on 70's music, which wasn't our favorite.  I too have been mooned by someone on a Celebrity balcony!  😂  We were in Istanbul on an RCCL cruise and were doing a Bosphorus cruise, I was with my Costa Rican friends (a lively bunch) and they were waving to the ships, this guy on a Celebrity ship turned around and dropped his drawers!  He was met with a loud roar of applause from our group.  🤣

Great review. Happy Thanksgiving.  We had a Central Park Balcony on Oasis and one night we're sitting on the balcony and the guy across the way is full frontal! He stood in that window for longer than he should have. We couldn't quit laughing!

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, SouKnoMe said:

Man that horn is my absolute favorite part! Where was the helicopter from, a specific news station? I couldn’t see any call letters!

We watched from YOuTube and heard the horn too, best ever!  We are on but not til 2025!  Boohoo

• Like 2