Canceling Excursion and Re-booking for lower price question

rad798

So looking to cancel excursion and re-booking with lower Black Friday sale price. 

It says funds will be sent back to original form of payment. We paid some of it with OBC. How quick do they usually refund it? Our cruise starts in 10 days. 

Would it be back in OBC by then?

1 minute ago, rad798 said:

So looking to cancel excursion and re-booking with lower Black Friday sale price. 

It says funds will be sent back to original form of payment. We paid some of it with OBC. How quick do they usually refund it? Our cruise starts in 10 days. 

When I did it, I wouldn't say instantly but the OBC credit was on my account within minutes.

Credit card takes longer obviously

Edited by Lena11033
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

I just tried to book beverage package with OBC and it was still asking for credit card for payment. oBC was 250 and drink pack $97. Indicates that OBC was applied. 

I find it tricky to use OBC sometimes. There is a box on the left that you enter the amount of OBC to use. You should hit enter afterwards. Just make sure you enter the total amount including gratuities or you will still need to enter a credit card. 

Edited by peterde

31 minutes ago, rad798 said:

I did one today and the refund from OBC goes back within seconds.   Also one of my excursions was sold out and came back in inventory within a minute and then was able to re-book it at the sale price.  I only saved $10 pp but rather in my pocket.

I checked my other tours and most I had repriced during a 45% flash sale and are much cheaper than this sale.    

Same experience on refunds for when we booked items in September having previously booked them in August.  And, it will come as no surprise that for that March Beyond sailing items we booked over Labor Day weekend are now more expensive with the discount.  For reference, we had booked Eden for $44 pp (or a bit less), 3 deal no deal cards for $23, and so on.  So, either the discounting is not as good or the base price went up.   We were using Retreat OBC, so no actual cash outlay.  

One can always cancel (at least for now), but perhaps reserve now for any future cruises that have items available.  Certain shipboard activities and dining seems to be the last to be opened for reservations. 

On 11/15/2023 at 10:49 PM, Cap_D said:

Same experience on refunds for when we booked items in September having previously booked them in August.  And, it will come as no surprise that for that March Beyond sailing items we booked over Labor Day weekend are now more expensive with the discount.  For reference, we had booked Eden for $44 pp (or a bit less), 3 deal no deal cards for $23, and so on.  So, either the discounting is not as good or the base price went up.   We were using Retreat OBC, so no actual cash outlay.  

One can always cancel (at least for now), but perhaps reserve now for any future cruises that have items available.  Certain shipboard activities and dining seems to be the last to be opened for reservations. 

I went through all of my shore excursions for my April Beyond cruise.  I managed to rebook and save $20 on a Curacao excursion and a nice $100 for Cartegena excursion, got my OBC back basically immediately.   I was shocked on a Bonaire one.  We had paid $115.98 for the Ocean Oasis Beach Club and Island drive for 2 a while ago.  Today it would cost us $180.   Similar issues with Specialty Dining.   They all went up, but the savings I got for Cartegena still managed to bring down Le Voyage cost so I rebooked that   IMG_0155.thumb.jpeg.01a508323dd29221cf574a28d2320d09.jpeg