Blue Lagoon

45 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Blue Lagoon has all their own boats,. I've taken them  4times so far, been to Pearl Island twice and they have different boats.   Pearl is closer into the port and Blue Lagoon a few miles our further.  

I never said anything about Pearl Island. Not sure why you are quoting me.

Too much drama.  The catamaran tour boats are very safe, in this incident, the boat driver (not even a real Captain) was horsing arround and caused problems.  Yes, there was a fatality, but again, not caused by sea conditions.  

I spent a week on one of these Cat boats.  The safety briefing was quite clear, unless we were in a dredged channel, if the boat sinks it simply becomes one more island in the Bahamas.  So much of the water is shallower than the main deck of the boat that the recommended action is to climb up one deck and party on until someone comes by in another boat and crashes the party.  The only down side is my cabin was on the deck below main, so my bunk would be soggy.  

Nothing in this incident would give me second thoughts about booking an excursion tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Too much drama.  The catamaran tour boats are very safe, in this incident, the boat driver (not even a real Captain) was horsing arround and caused problems.  Yes, there was a fatality, but again, not caused by sea conditions.  

I spent a week on one of these Cat boats.  The safety briefing was quite clear, unless we were in a dredged channel, if the boat sinks it simply becomes one more island in the Bahamas.  So much of the water is shallower than the main deck of the boat that the recommended action is to climb up one deck and party on until someone comes by in another boat and crashes the party.  The only down side is my cabin was on the deck below main, so my bunk would be soggy.  

Nothing in this incident would give me second thoughts about booking an excursion tomorrow.

For the most part, I agree.

While tragic, I still haven't stopped riding or driving in a car, flying on a plane, sailing on a cruise ship, or occasionally running with scissors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gmerick said:

Agreed.  Human reasons caused the boat to sink and tragically someone had a heart attack or some other medical emergency in the process. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard any updates on when the excursions might be offered again? I'm not asking to be insensitive to those who were impacted by the experience a couple weeks ago. I actually really did enjoy the Excursion when I did it before. And, I was looking forward to going again with some first time cruisers on an upcoming cruise. I did look around on their website last night and saw that there are some dates available next month for booking. But they are sporadic dates. I did not see any major announcement on their web page about being open or closed. 

On 11/29/2023 at 8:41 PM, blueslily said:

Has anyone heard any updates on when the excursions might be offered again? I'm not asking to be insensitive to those who were impacted by the experience a couple weeks ago. I actually really did enjoy the Excursion when I did it before. And, I was looking forward to going again with some first time cruisers on an upcoming cruise. I did look around on their website last night and saw that there are some dates available next month for booking. But they are sporadic dates. I did not see any major announcement on their web page about being open or closed. 

Hi!  My Oasis cruise leaves Sunday, and people reported yesterday that they received emails saying that their Blue Lagoon excursions were being cancelled (we’re at Nassau Monday).  The letter someone posted said that all excursions were cancelled until at least Dec 15.

Just now, vacationlover_mn said:

Hi!  My Oasis cruise leaves Sunday, and people reported yesterday that they received emails saying that their Blue Lagoon excursions were being cancelled (we’re at Nassau Monday).  The letter someone posted said that all excursions were cancelled until at least Dec 15.

Thank you. I called Blue Lagoon directly after mo responses. She told me that they do not have a definite reopening date yet and to call back later during the month. We sail on another line this Saturday. So, that opportunity is a no, but I also sail in February on Celebrity. Hopefully that will be an opportunity to go again.

Thank you for your reply. Have a great cruise.