FCC Rules

cruiser2015

I just got a notice from my TA saying that Black Friday deals are now available. So, I checked pricing for my January cruise 

I have an MB cabin. Closest listed is an MC. Adjusting for that small difference, there is a reduction of about $720.

If I can get a FCC for the price drop, how long is the certificate valid?

I searched the NCL site and could not find anything except for their POM program (not applicable here).

29 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

I just got a notice from my TA saying that Black Friday deals are now available. So, I checked pricing for my January cruise 

I have an MB cabin. Closest listed is an MC. Adjusting for that small difference, there is a reduction of about $720.

I searched the NCL site and could not find anything except for their POM program (not applicable here).

I literally just received one this morning,  Below is te detail of the email i received obviously removing any personal info, but you get the gist.

Thank you for your inquiry. 

Upon review of current rates for your sailing, we have identified a price drop in the amount of $1400.

As a one-time goodwill gesture, we have created 100% of that amount as future cruise credits for you, as outlined below:

Please note, our terms and conditions include, but are not limited to the following: Your future cruise credits (FCCs) will become active upon completion of your current sailing and will be valid for sailings within 12 months from the scheduled date of debarkation. FCCs are non-transferable and have no cash value. They cannot be applied to government taxes and fees, airfare, travel protection, hotel packages, and other add-ons. They are valid only as a discount off of the published voyage fare. FCCs are only applicable towards sailings six days or longer. FCCs are issued to guests 1 and 2 on the reservation only. Guests who cancel their reservation prior to sailing will have their FCCs deactivated from their client profile.

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line, we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tgloersen said:

. . . .

They are valid only as a discount off . . . .

Based off the FCC I was given when the Pearl was turned back around and cruise canceled (Jan 2022), that term "discount off" means that all of the FCC must be used on a single cruise or any remainder is forfeited. Completely not what FCC is under their Q&A about FCC, but they pulled out this "discount" term to explain why I had forfeited $1000 of cruise credit when I booked a replacement cruise (I was already in Miami since my flight didn't leave for anther 10 days) that didn't cost as much as the original Pearl one. Just a tip to use it all at one place!

48 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Perfect!.

Thanks, tgloersen.

I'm guessing this is for your Christmas cruise.

That's quite a price drop. 

Enjoy your cruise!!

Just a side note, if you have the BOGO airfare you probably can't get FCC since you're not pricing the same cruise package/perks. 

1 hour ago, KSSS2013 said:

Just a side note, if you have the BOGO airfare you probably can't get FCC since you're not pricing the same cruise package/perks. 

Thanks for the tip.

But, I have my own air.

Just FAS wifi, shorex, dining.

• Like 1

I'd be curious to know if they give you a FCC if there are no more of your cabin available. Can they check the price without cancelling your reservation?

I got a FCC in 2022 when there were two cabins left of our type and got $600 which, of course, we did not use in time. We booked within a year but did not sail within a year, and our TA could not convince NCL to let us use it. It was worth a try.

I just tried to do a mock booking for our upcoming cruise, but the cabin type we booked is sold out. I got a deal I'm happy with last month, though, so I'm glad I didn't wait for Black Friday deals to book.

Edited to add, no airfare for us, either. We drive to the port.

Edited by rbxlady

10 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

You can only request an FCC once. email the price drop email and they will respond after a few days. We got an FCC for our Oct European cruise and got a little over $5k. I think we got lucky and the reprice was a fluke. Anywho, my letter only had the adjustment amounts and no fine print or restrictions. Beware, tried to book a 4 day cruise and it didn’t work. Come to find out they are only good on cruises over 7 days and it is good one year from the disembarkation. I couldn’t find it on the website but the info is in the other letters so I didn’t argue. 

6 hours ago, rbxlady said:

I'd be curious to know if they give you a FCC if there are no more of your cabin available. Can they check the price without cancelling your reservation?

I got a FCC in 2022 when there were two cabins left of our type and got $600 which, of course, we did not use in time. We booked within a year but did not sail within a year, and our TA could not convince NCL to let us use it. It was worth a try.

I just tried to do a mock booking for our upcoming cruise, but the cabin type we booked is sold out. I got a deal I'm happy with last month, though, so I'm glad I didn't wait for Black Friday deals to book.

Edited to add, no airfare for us, either. We drive to the port.

Now there's a bubble buster.

You have a point.

My exact category is not showing as available any longer on my TA's website. Only the one lower that runs about $40 pp less.

On NCL's website, there are no subcategories showing at all (Club Balcony). I tried to do a mock booking and went all the way to the payment page - it still did not offer any info about available cabins (there are 3 rates in the category).

So, I suppose there's a small chance to get a credit, but I'm not feeling confident at this point.

18 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Perfect!.

Thanks, tgloersen.

I'm guessing this is for your Christmas cruise.

That's quite a price drop. 

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thank you and yes it is, this cruise was really expensive at booking but i figured that was do to Xmas and New Years during the same cruise.  Yah the lady at NCL was surprised too, when she did the check for the "Price Drop Department".

Even at 40 days out the Havens are still close to $20K for a Penthouse Suite.  Man all the power to those that can afford that.  I'll just rely on my bid 🙂

On 11/16/2023 at 3:43 PM, KSSS2013 said:

Does anyone have any direct experiences with this?

16 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Yes. A reprice of a cruise has to be the same perks and offers. The BOGO airfare price would have to match what you purchased. So I have been denied FCC because of that. 

2 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Upon review of your request, we are unable to provide any offer for a future cruise credit, unfortunately.

Please note, on the date of your request: 07/31/23, the AIRPROM3 promotion was no longer available, so your reservation did not qualify for the price drop within penalty FCC.

Please remember, the air promotion is CLOSED @ 75 days prior to the cruise. Your request was submitted 47 days prior to the cruise.

Per terms and conditions:

• The voyage fare for all guests on the reservation will be used to determine the total value of the price drop, if applicable.
  • Reservations with NCL AIR will be compared to air pricing on day of the price drop request (if available). If not available Air pricing will be compared with non promotional rate at time of booking.
  • Reservations, where the promotions differ from what was originally booked to what is available at the time of price drop, are not eligible for consideration.
Your air priced higher without the promotion.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line, we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon!

19 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

There is no such thing as "Black Friday deals."

Yep, you're absolutely right! The same "sale" has been going on forever.

Edited to add that it's not the same sale in the sense that it's constantly renamed, but it's more or less the same.

Edited by rbxlady

Update to my original post:

Checked the BF deal out with my TA last Wednesday.

Sure enough, there was a price reduction. I was offered a FCC for $20 !! Whoopee.

The price comparisons were for identical cabin categories.

I will note that my booking includes a several hundred dollar vet's discount. Without that, there probably would have been a savings, whether a "sale" or just a price reduction.

59 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Contact the TA

Thanks.  I called NCL first, who confirmed that I should be entitled to the FCC.  The NCL rep told me the official request has to be made by my TA.  She said my file would be noted regarding today's sale pricing.  I reached out to my TA, who was closed for the day.  Hopefully I will get this finalized tomorrow.    

• Like 1