Florida Ports?

C cruise

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Additionally, security stops and checks every car entering Port Everglades, which can cause significant delays if you show up at the same time a lot of other cars do, which is almost always the case. 

For anyone considering a Princess or Disney cruise out of Port Everglades, if the ship departs from Terminal 2 (Princess) or Terminal 4 (the new Disney terminal that just opened this past week), when approaching the port from 17th Street the parking garage for those two terminals is before the security checkpoint.

17 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I live in Florida and always drive to ports in Florida. In my book Port Canaveral is much easier to navigate than Port Everglades, which is fairly spread out. Additionally, security stops and checks every car entering Port Everglades, which can cause significant delays if you show up at the same time a lot of other cars do, which is almost always the case. 

We had a runin with security at Port Everglades.  Security insisted wife show a driver's license and insisted we could not exit the car.  Problem was, wife's driver's license could not be accessed without getting out.  Told security that driver's license was in the rear cargo area and I would need to get out to get it. Security told me I could not exit the car and that wife needed to show driver's license.  This wen back and forth until I finally igorned the security guard and went to the back of the car to get the license.

19 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Are you talking about parking at Port Canaveral? In the last 15 months I have sailed on Wonder 3 times, Harmony 3 times, Mariner 2 times and Independence 4 times out of Port Canaveral. I always drive to the port and I have never had an issue parking at the port. 

Less than what I have done from there.  😉  

I arrive early to score an inside parking spot in the garage.  Have parked on the surface lot when the garage was full...no real problem...except for the seagulls/Pelicans using my little SUV for target practice.  🤢

I park my vehicle in a garage at home.  If available (and I do B2B cruises) I would prefer to park in the garage.  Just my choice, but it works for me.