OBC via the Stockperks app - my experience

Hi all,

I saw a recent thread about shareholder benefits and there was a mention of the Stockperks app. Here's my experience in the last 24 hours for an upcoming Princess cruise from the US.

I emailed sbpcl@princesscruises.com as per the shareholder form to request my OBC.

Received a reply saying:

Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program.

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks.  

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app.

Thank you for being a CCL shareholder!  We look forward to welcoming you aboard.  

Last night I followed the process and created an account on Stockperks, which took 2 minutes. I submitted the required statement and received the email below:

Manual Brokerage Statement Submission Acknowledgement 

Thank you for submitting your proof of share ownership. Stockperks is reviewing your submission now and will respond within two (2) working days with next steps. 

Thank you for joining the Stockperks family! 

Approx 7 hours later I received the following email:

Manual Brokerage Statement Processed Confirmation 
Your proof of share ownership has been processed. Please go to the Stockperks app to explore and redeem your perks. 

Thank you for being a Stockperks member! 
Your proof of ownership was validated. 

I have now returned to the app and I have a list of all the Carnival brands under the "Eligible" tab. I click on Princess and then Redeem Perk and add my booking details. Then it says "Your Onboard credit claim has been submitted. They will contact me within 5 business days to advise if my claim has been approved and applied to my itinerary.

Edited by mum and son
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

How much OBC do they give you?

It depends on the cruise length, $50 for less than 7 days, $100 for 7 -14 days and $250 for those more than 14 days. It is in USD for cruises overseas and AUD for home cruises. Sometimes pounds for British cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

That’s good to know.
Can you remember if P&O Australia was included in the Carnival brands listed? 

I also wonder if the system copes with you having multiple bookings?

This Eligible list includes:

Carnival

Costa

HAL

P&O Australia

Princess

Seabourn

It looks like it would cope with multiple bookings because Princess is in both my Eligible and Redeemed lists. In the Eligible list I can click on Princess and go through the Redeem Perk process again, for another cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It depends on the cruise length, $50 for less than 7 days, $100 for 7 -14 days and $250 for those more than 14 days. It is in USD for cruises overseas and AUD for home cruises. Sometimes pounds for British cruises.

Whoa huge difference between AUD and USD and pound!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mum and son said:

This Eligible list includes:

Carnival

Costa

HAL

P&O Australia

Princess

Seabourn

It looks like it would cope with multiple bookings because Princess is in both my Eligible and Redeemed lists. In the Eligible list I can click on Princess and go through the Redeem Perk process again, for another cruise.

Excellent! I’ll have to try it out. 

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

2CD62FEB-4870-499B-96B9-44414FEE5CCF.png

I echo this experience.  I gave it a go for my next cruise in March and from the time I downloaded the app till the time the credit was applied, it was less than 48 hours.  It was great that I only had to take a photo of my computer screen showing the stock statement.

I did try to apply for credit for my August cruise but it wouldn't let me apply for anything post July 24. 

• Like 2

I was somewhat uncomfortable giving stockperks all my investment account information including passwords, etc. With that information someone could drain my account. I have done some online research and they seem legit so I gave them that information. They promised to get back to me within 5 days. In the meantime I will be checking my account activity daily.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Donaldm said:

I was somewhat uncomfortable giving stockperks all my investment account information including passwords, etc. With that information someone could drain my account. I have done some online research and they seem legit so I gave them that information. They promised to get back to me within 5 days. In the meantime I will be checking my account activity daily.

Passwords? I just uploaded my broker statement (removed the account details) and that was all I gave them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Donaldm said:

I sent them my broker’s statement but they rejected it two days later and said I had to go through Stockperks. Perhaps the US version is different from the overseas one. Good luck.

Hi Donald,

I just had to upload my broker statement in Stockperks. I didn't give them access to my account.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mum and son said:

Hi Donald,

I just had to upload my broker statement in Stockperks. I didn't give them access to my account.

Good to know for the next time. Hopefully others will follow your advice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mum and son said:

Hi Donald,

It isn't about account access, but that your phone is giving over personal information to a (presumed reliable) 3rd party via the app. Until now, you would only be passing on proof of a shareholding to Carnival shares via email. Now you have an app, it isn't about the stock account, but what data can be gained via the app if it was being stored inappropriately. In these days of hacking of apparent trustworthy companies, we are funnelling our personal data to an extra entity that wasn't needed last month. It should be all good, but it is another crack in the footpath.

Do we have to use Stockperks when applying for local Australian based cruises?

I was watching Allison on Lets Go Travel Tips on Youtube the other night and she was describing how to apply without giving them very much private info especially bank account details etc.

Edited by Ondine

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

It isn't about account access, but that your phone is giving over personal information to a (presumed reliable) 3rd party via the app. 

Ahhh ok. Now I understand. I thought somehow, somewhere direct passwords were being handed over and I felt a bit concerned.