OBC via the Stockperks app - my experience

On 11/23/2023 at 6:52 PM, mum and son said:

Maybe they're all on Thanksgiving break.

Today, I received an email that my brokerage account was confirmed and I could go to the Stockperks app and submit a request for my perks.  I did that and requested my perks and received an email back that my credits would be posted in 5 days or they would advise me on what to do next.  So the new system seems to be working OK.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I applied for my shareholder's OBC via email. I have just now received an email to say the appropriate amount has been applied to my booking. Yes - the old method still works!

We have just slipped within 3 months on another Coral Princess cruise. Time to do exactly the same.

On 11/27/2023 at 7:32 AM, Capt Krunch said:

Today, I received an email that my brokerage account was confirmed and I could go to the Stockperks app and submit a request for my perks.  I did that and requested my perks and received an email back that my credits would be posted in 5 days or they would advise me on what to do next.  So the new system seems to be working OK.

Yes, this is what hubby did. Got an email this morning from Stockperks to say OBC had been applied. Logged into the personaliser and it is there. Quite easy and cruise is not until April 2024

Cheers

Tanya

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stki said:

Yes, this is what hubby did. Got an email this morning from Stockperks to say OBC had been applied. Logged into the personaliser and it is there. Quite easy and cruise is not until April 2024

Cheers

Tanya

Good to know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 2:45 PM, Aus Traveller said:

I applied for my shareholder's OBC via email. I have just now received an email to say the appropriate amount has been applied to my booking. Yes - the old method still works!

On 12/8/2023 at 9:37 PM, Womble99 said:

I sent an old fashioned email in last week and the OBC is there today. Still no requirement to use the APP yet.

Can you remind me of the stockperks email to use please.

57 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Can you remind me of the stockperks email to use please.

Stock Perks is via smartphone app, not via email.

The Princess one quoted above is current for Princess. The full list of contact emails for the various Carnival brands is here:

2022 US Annual Report (carnivalcorp.com)

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2023 at 6:20 PM, Aus Traveller said:

I have always had more success using shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com rather than the princess one quoted above.

I have used the Princess one twice in the past 6 weeks or so and have had OBC applied within days.

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

I have used the Princess one twice in the past 6 weeks or so and have had OBC applied within days.

Maybe I will try the Princess address next time. As long as I apply well in advance, I will have time to use the Carnival address as a fall-back option.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe I will try the Princess address next time. As long as I apply well in advance, I will have time to use the Carnival address as a fall-back option.

I too always found the Carnival one the most successful in the past, but now agree, having used both quite recently, that the Princess one is currently the best to use - responsive and timely.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's best to print and scan your brokerage statement page showing your stock portfolio to a file AFTER blacking out your account number before submitting it to "perks"..

They should not have any need for your account number.

On 12/18/2023 at 10:20 AM, Tripmode33 said:

I too always found the Carnival one the most successful in the past, but now agree, having used both quite recently, that the Princess one is currently the best to use - responsive and timely.

I applied to the Princess email for mine Tuesday this week, it was in my personalizer Thursday. But no correspondence from Princess Australia, not even an automatic acknowledgment of having received my email. I got an updated booking confirmation later Thursday evening with the extra OBC showing.

6 hours ago, Belmont Babe said:

I applied to the Princess email for mine Tuesday this week, it was in my personalizer Thursday. But no correspondence from Princess Australia, not even an automatic acknowledgment of having received my email. I got an updated booking confirmation later Thursday evening with the extra OBC showing.

Yes, no confirmation emails with Princozz. Pays to check your OBC before & after to be sure.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:55 PM, HowiefromMaui said:

It's best to print and scan your brokerage statement page showing your stock portfolio to a file AFTER blacking out your account number before submitting it to "perks"..

They should not have any need for your account number.

I’ve had a suspicious twist to the process. I used the app to connect to my brokerage account, then after getting confirmation of the OBC (next day) I changed the brokerage account password. Today, I found my account locked out as if there had been unauthorized attempts to access account. I have now unlinked the app from my brokerage account. I plan to advise Carnival and HAL of this suspicious activity because of the app.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 12:22 AM, arxcards said:

We have just slipped within 3 months on another Coral Princess cruise.

No need to wait. I put in  my request on Saturday for a June cruise. Confirmed yesterday.

Note that I will not allow a third party to access my brokerage account directly, so I used the manual process of sending in a redacted portion of my December statement. That part took about a week to be approved, but now I'm set for as long as they deem the statement to be sufficient.

7 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

No need to wait. I put in  my request on Saturday for a June cruise. Confirmed yesterday.

Note that I will not allow a third party to access my brokerage account directly, so I used the manual process of sending in a redacted portion of my December statement. That part took about a week to be approved, but now I'm set for as long as they deem the statement to be sufficient.

Somewhat different process in North America to what it is in Australia. Since covid restart on Australian bookings, the local office would only look at requests within 90 days. I don't know whether that was due to lack of staff or just an overall policy.

49 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Somewhat different process in North America to what it is in Australia. Since covid restart on Australian bookings, the local office would only look at requests within 90 days. I don't know whether that was due to lack of staff or just an overall policy.

We used the Stockperks app last year for our April cruise, and it went through without a problem. Previously when we had to email the info, we could only do within 3 months of the cruise.

3 hours ago, stki said:

We used the Stockperks app last year for our April cruise, and it went through without a problem. Previously when we had to email the info, we could only do within 3 months of the cruise.

I am happy going with email at 3 months out. In these days of data hacks, I am not about to give over my details to a 3rd party intermediary until it is the only option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just submitted my CCL statement to Stockperks for a cruise starting in 5 weeks (so getting close) but it hasn't asked for any of the cruise details that Carnival say you need to submit.  Does that get asked when Stockperks accept your share holding?  Thanks

1 hour ago, amp-qld said:

I've just submitted my CCL statement to Stockperks for a cruise starting in 5 weeks (so getting close) but it hasn't asked for any of the cruise details that Carnival say you need to submit.  Does that get asked when Stockperks accept your share holding?  Thanks

If you submitted your booking number and your brokerage statement they know what cruise you're requesting your stockholder benefit for. Question is did they acknowledge receipt of your submission? If so you're good to go, unless for some reason or another your request is denied. Then more communication with CCL Administrative Services would be required.