Bid for upgrade if in Guaranteed Suite?

2 hours ago, VelvetSkeeter said:

Hi All,

I booked a Guaranteed Suite on the aluure. I was wondering if it is still wrth trying to bid ofor an upgrade with Royal Up or if that ,  since I may have a chance to move up anyway with a Guaranteed Suite

Thanks!

Chances are 99% you get a JS so sure you can bid on something higher. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VelvetSkeeter said:

Hi All,

I booked a Guaranteed Suite on the aluure. I was wondering if it is still wrth trying to bid ofor an upgrade with Royal Up or if that ,  since I may have a chance to move up anyway with a Guaranteed Suite

Thanks!

We book suite GTY when they are available and also bid through Royal Up.  We then were assigned our suite and got a 2 bedroom grand suite.  I was able to cancel our bids on grand suite and owner suite but do not want to be in the position of not being able to cancel a bid and "winning" a cabin that is of lower value than what I was assigned, so we will not do Royal Up again when booking a GTY.  I know it is rare to get something other than a junior suite, but it does happen.

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, VelvetSkeeter said:

Hi All,

Thanks!

I agree with the others that a suite gty nearly always results in a JS assignment; anything else is rare.  Don’t get your hopes up for a free upgrade.  
If I were booked in a suite gty, I’d bid on the upgrades as if I expected a JS.  I would keep an eye out for my assignment and cancel the bid if by some chance I was assigned a full suite.  Watching for the assignment would include doing the “barcode trick” on set sail pass within 45 days of cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

I would keep an eye out for my assignment and cancel the bid if by some chance I was assigned a full suite.

This is key. There have been a couple of posts here about people who didn't cancel their RoyalUp bid after they upgraded on their own, and they were actually downgraded when they won the bid. Once a RoyalUp bid is won it can't be reversed and the previous cabin is lost. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We book suite GTY when they are available and also bid through Royal Up.  We then were assigned our suite and got a 2 bedroom grand suite.  I was able to cancel our bids on grand suite and owner suite but do not want to be in the position of not being able to cancel a bid and "winning" a cabin that is of lower value than what I was assigned, so we will not do Royal Up again when booking a GTY.  I know it is rare to get something other than a junior suite, but it does happen.

That is awesome that  they upgraded you to a Grand Suite! I could be so lucky 🙂 

• Like 1