New Muster Precedure

Butterbean1000

3 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Prior sailings are irrelevant. The SOLAS muster drill requirement stands alone for each passenger on each sailing. 

And part of the requirement is to know where to go in the event mustering is required.  The locations of the muster stations vary by ship and by stateroom within the same ship, so no amount of prior sailings is necessarily going to help you get to your muster station on your current cruise.

I get it. But sometimes there is a difference between what the rules are and what actually happens.  

And this person was actually checked in at their muster station, so the second part of your comment isn't relevant to their experience. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

let me say this. If the need ever arises that we actually need to go to our muster stations they had better have those crew members in the hallways like in the beginning of the cruise because I'll never find it on my own. I get lost going around the block.

I agree! We were actually on a cruise a while back (Panorama) where in the middle of the night loud banging on our door with crew members yelling to put on life jackets. We had a hard enough time scrambling around finding the life jackets and putting them on in a half asleep stupor ..theres on way Id remember where my muster station was. It turned out to be a small fire down below us that was resolved quickly , although we weren't really told that until we were in the hallway trying to figure out what to do..

On 11/18/2023 at 12:37 PM, Dwright826 said:

Weeeelllll, technicallyyyyy, you're supposed to watch the video in your stateroom and then go to your muster station for a life jacket presentation, but most rooms aren't even ready til 130 so I don't see how that's expected. Just go straight to your muster station and you'll be good to go.

They'll play the video over and over throughout the cruise

August 2023, Panorama, the attendants asked me to sit down and watch a demonstration of how to don a life vest.  Because the attendants at my muster station were checking in a family group of cruise virgins, it took about 10 minutes for the entire Safety At Sea experience, including the life vest demo.  No sweat, no hassles - especially since I was waiting for my luggage to be delivered  and I had no other pressing business (I had already eaten).  So much better than the old days!

• Like 1