Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

8 hours ago, 2023 said:

Ah, that kids petite filet looks just right for me! Do you know if it’s back on the kids menu in the MDR?

To my knowledge it is available in MDR also.    They do not have it posted anywhere that I've seen but we have been ordering it throughout the cruise.   It is also the perfect size for us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Jim:  Since we boarded in Rome, prior to Australia, we have had only one other tender port.  The magic carpet was used at that tender port (Phuket).  Unless the spouse and I have become utter dingbats during the last three weeks,we both remember using it.  Again, we were told that it was damaged by one of the large private tenders in York’s Knob.

Gerry

We were using it in Yorkey's Knob and returned to the ship using it.   Right after out tender it was taken out of service.   Just realized it will not make a difference on the next cruise we have NO tender ports... yea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Wow that looks great.  I'll have try that on my cruise in 9 days, with my own usual modification, of course.

Iain had it today and had them add crispy bacon.   They will put on and take off to your desire.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mcgeneseo said:

We felt the same way about the Beyond last January.  We are going on Apex next month so we'll give it one more try. With all the suites, the experience wasn't as exclusive as with the older ships. Luminae has a wonderful view but we didn't have good service until we asked to be moved to a different section.  I'm curious what we will find on Apex.

We had a fantastic time on Apex.   Best waiter and assistant ever.    Sony and Marcus.   I hear Marcus is on Aex now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had a fantastic time on Apex.   Best waiter and assistant ever.    Sony and Marcus.   I hear Marcus is on Aex now.

On Apex we had terrific service at Luminae with Arturro, and Yuksel as the MD in March.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Iain had it today and had them add crispy bacon.   They will put on and take off to your desire.

What they take off for me is 1/2 the burger - sliced horizontally to make it a quarter pound burger (sometimes it's hard to explain it the first time, but after that, they totally get it).  Once or twice we've turned it into a grilled cheese with onion jam. 

Edited by abbydancer
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm starting to feel that the Edge Class ships are just too big for us.   Edge seems to be struggling with so many passengers and attention to detail.    I continue to have the feeling that the Retreat is more like an airport lounge instead of more intimate lounge like on M and Class

We have decided that too. The design of E-class seems to make it more difficult with the number of passengers and especially suites. We have decided to stick with S-class now for any future Celebrity cruises. 

• Haha 1

Hey Jim. We experienced the "cough room" on the Solstice in February for a final tour in LA. We were waiting to debark for the tour when 3/4 of the room was coughing and hacking. I was thinking no way am I sitting on a 5 hours bus tour. We got up and politely left. 

Edited by GREG781
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

... I'm starting to feel that the Edge Class ships are just too big for us.   Edge seems to be struggling with so many passengers and attention to detail.    I continue to have the feeling that the Retreat is more like an airport lounge instead of more intimate lounge like on M and Class

I think the issue is the large increase in the number of suites.  The Edge has almost 3 times as many suites as the Silhouette (176 vs 66).  It's tough to give individualized attention and pay attention to detail with that many more people.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

To my knowledge it is available in MDR also.    They do not have it posted anywhere that I've seen but we have been ordering it throughout the cruise.   It is also the perfect size for us.

Yes it's available in the MDR. I had it on the Apex in July. The server brought me 2 since he said it was small, even though I didn't ask for two. 

PXL_20230715_185812627~2.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Yes he is, believe he has been promoted to waiter.

I hope so he deserves it.  He was prepping in this picture. 

We were last in Luminae one night and the were clowning around.   Marcus and Sonny swapped jobs   Some how Marcus got into Sonny’s jacket  IMG_2969.thumb.jpeg.35467e316c2605e24704ae28fd45cacd.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GREG781 said:

Hey Jim. We experienced the "cough room" on the Solstice in February for a final tour in LA. We were waiting to debark for the tour when 3/4 of the room was coughing and hacking. I was thinking no way am I sitting on a 5 hours bus tour. We got up and politely left. 

Seems to be a common chest cold / infection. 

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No I haven’t.      Would love to see here again.  She was talking about ending her career at sea.  Totally understand.  

That is the last we heard - on the Alaska cruise May on the Solstice.